Jun 20, 2018
I won't to be spoilsport, but guys, could you people please be in sense of staying on the matter of this thread. Here is for discussion about the game The City of Broken Dreamers. If you guys wish to discuss about another game, go to the respective thread where is dedicated for the game you wish to give your opinion about.
I mean comparing respective writing/game design quality and what makes CoBD strong is not off topic.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
The US city/county in California is called San Bernardino, not 'Bernadino'
Bernardino as "little Bernardo" is the italian, and i guess the spanish, name. Bernadino doesn't exist.

EDIT: I just realized there is some irony in being an italian dude who barely chews a bit of spanish and calling myself Machete.

ChandraBestGirl

Jun 20, 2021
What is so wrong about the "San Bernadino" name? It is spanish or italian name, I think. "Bernardo" is a real name.
It's spelled San Bernardino. It's not the only typo that persists in the game, but considering he uses all existing southern California place names, this one in particular gives me secondhand embarrassment.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Americans are experts at butchering the Spanish heritage of many names of places they snatched from either us Spaniards or later on from the Mexicans.
One of my favourite is Monterey Bay, birthplace of novelist John Steinbeck.
Monterey looks absurd in Spanish; it should be Monterrey (like the Mexican city).
At least they didn't turn Los Angeles into The Angels and Florida into Blossomy. Imagine that: "We are going to South Blossomy during spring break." :FacePalm:

Last edited:

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
Americans are experts at butchering the Spanish heritage of many names of places they snatched from either us Spaniards or later on from the Mexicans.
One of my favourite is Monterey Bay, birthplace of novelist John Steinbeck.
Monterey looks absurd in Spanish; it should be Monterrey (like the Mexican city).
At least they didn't turn Los Angeles into The Angels and Florida into Blossomy. Imagine that: "We are going to South Blossomy during spring break." :FacePalm:
Am Texan, can confirm. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Aristos
4.70 star(s) 420 Votes