Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
"Buckaroo" is still the worst American fucking of another language I've ever seen.
Curious. We have an italian world for herdsman which is Buttero which sounds close enough. But it comes from the greek Boutes that means countryman or herdsman eventually.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Curious. We have an italian world for herdsman which is Buttero which sounds close enough. But it comes from the greek Boutes that means countryman or herdsman eventually.
It's from Spanish vaquero, cowboy, like blarg0192 explained. Ultimately, vaquero is from vaca, which is same as yours vacca. Vaquero is pronounced as [baˈke.ɾo] due to Betacism (one of vocal changes in Spanish).
One funny, but not really related note, Greek has opposite change vitacism (Where b was turned to v). So classical pronounciation of Βοώτης (oxen-driver) was boo:tes, but already from turn of CE it went to voo:ti:s

Last edited:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
It's from Spanish vaquero, cowboy, like blarg0192 explained. Ultimately, vaquero is from vaca, which is same as yours vacca. Vaquero is pronounced as [baˈke.ɾo] due to Betacism (one of vocal changes in Spanish).
One funny, but not really related note, Greek has opposite change vitacism (Where b was turned to v). So classical pronounciation of Βοώτης (oxen-driver) was boo:tes, but already from turn of CE it went to voo:ti:s
Great analisys

Reactions: Thermophob

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
On one hand, yay i'm awesome ..... on the other hand i'm sad I don't have a penis to do the helicopter dance of joy.

Life is cruel sometimes.
I apologize for having such a thought and the accompanying visual in my head, but my immediate thought to what you wrote was "but I bet Avaron can do a victory twerk better than 99% of us!"

Am I allow to facepalm myself? :FacePalm:

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes