Gigogle

Aug 26, 2019
Need help, the first text of every conversation i have with an NPC is not showing, and the npc pitcure too, but if the convo are more than one box then the second and after that are as normal but without the brown background, just the frame

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I dont know if this is an isolated case since I've played an older version before and it wasn't like this, but i'm playing on my older laptop with only 2GB of ram this time and maybe thats why?

and the in-game menu ui is sometimes gone too, when it actually appears and for example i tried to save, after finished saving the menu dissapear again. when i go to something like cheats or option the texts are gone too

i can still navigate and press the menu buttons tho

i have makina and the city of ruins here too but it doesn't have the same problem, just a bit laggy

sorry for my bad english

superlgn

Sep 24, 2020
Need help, the first text of every conversation i have with an NPC is not showing, and the npc pitcure too, but if the convo are more than one box then the second and after that are as normal but without the brown background, just the frame

I dont know if this is an isolated case since I've played an older version before and it wasn't like this, but i'm playing on my older laptop with only 2GB of ram this time and maybe thats why?

and the in-game menu ui is sometimes gone too, when it actually appears and for example i tried to save, after finished saving the menu dissapear again. when i go to something like cheats or option the texts are gone too

i can still navigate and press the menu buttons tho

i have makina and the city of ruins here too but it doesn't have the same problem, just a bit laggy

sorry for my bad english
This seems like more of a video driver issue to me.

I'm pretty new to RPG Maker games. I don't know the engine's capabilities or requirements, or what all these different plugins might be doing with the visuals, but perhaps it needs a certain version of DirectX and you don't have that, or you happen to have a buggy version of DirectX installed, or maybe your video drivers are old and aren't able to properly render some of these fancier effects.

When I started playing these games I used to try and run them in Windows virtual machines. VirtualBox did a pretty bad job with them, especially the dialog. Text was often cut off. 3D made things even worse. Sometimes the entire dialog box, including the border, would disappear completely. VMware did a much better job. In my experience VMware's video driver is also better than VirtualBox. Tha's why I thought this might be a driver issue.

So the first thing I'd check would be if there's newer video drivers and other related software updates.

Gigogle

Aug 26, 2019
This seems like more of a video driver issue to me.

I'm pretty new to RPG Maker games. I don't know the engine's capabilities or requirements, or what all these different plugins might be doing with the visuals, but perhaps it needs a certain version of DirectX and you don't have that, or you happen to have a buggy version of DirectX installed, or maybe your video drivers are old and aren't able to properly render some of these fancier effects.

When I started playing these games I used to try and run them in Windows virtual machines. VirtualBox did a pretty bad job with them, especially the dialog. Text was often cut off. 3D made things even worse. Sometimes the entire dialog box, including the border, would disappear completely. VMware did a much better job. In my experience VMware's video driver is also better than VirtualBox. Tha's why I thought this might be a driver issue.

So the first thing I'd check would be if there's newer video drivers and other related software updates.
Video Drivers huh? seeing my rotten laptop actually convinced me though im not entirely sure that it will solve all the problems.
but ill try it anyways

appriciate the reply tho tysm

clmayes

Nov 5, 2019
Hhow do you exit menus on the mobile version?
The web-server version is running through the browser, so using the back button just closes the page, but my phone doesn't have an escape key either, so now I'm stuck in tge quest menu with no way out.

Jun 3, 2019
You can temporarily edit these guys out of the map, which as far as I can tell is the only solution and has no downsides if you immediatly restore them. Chemont Town is Map 115 in the data and they are labeled "Hunters" with IDs in the 60s. What I did was: Save a backup of map 115. Delete the two lines containing these hunters. Do the quest step and leave the area, and save the game. Restore the hunters using the map 115 backup.
How are you editing it? Do you have some kind of decryptor or something? And if so do you happen to have a link or anything to get it?

Count_Viraxis

Dec 26, 2018
How are you editing it? Do you have some kind of decryptor or something? And if so do you happen to have a link or anything to get it?
You can edit it just using Notepad++ or any other program were it shows you the text.
You just go to the folder www/data, find the map115.json and open it with said program, no special decryptor needed.
If you dont have Notepad++:You can get it .

Reactions: Lines[Read]Lines
Jun 3, 2019
You can edit it just using Notepad++ or any other program were it shows you the text.
You just go to the folder www/data, find the map115.json and open it with said program, no special decryptor needed.
If you dont have Notepad++:You can get it .
Yes, you can edit with notepad, the line you want to delete would be the following highlighted lines, and remember to backup the map first before editing it.

View attachment 877374
Thanks~

[Edit]
Works perfectly~

Last edited:
Reactions: Count_Viraxis

Smiruk

Dec 1, 2017
Do you think we will be able to "cure" pregnancy in the futur ? I didn't really liked the fact that it came just from an update with no choices about it :/

elli327

Mar 29, 2018
I'm stuck on intro, how do i eat my breakfast if a chair is blocking my way? I'm using the unofficial android port

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes