♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
look what i found :
i guess the shota and bestiality content will be cut from the game.
Fuck that noise.
Game has some pretty damn good bestiality, and i doubt it's going anywhere. And i prefer it that way.
Steam version perhaps will have some cuts or maybe they will do it like Kagura does it, by releasing a separate patch with which you can update the steam version and unlock the hidden content.
Either way, steam will not dictate how devs should build their dirty games.
Worst case scenario steam version will just be for advertisement.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Well of course...you can't market bestiality or underage content on Steam even though it has been permissive in bringing in adult games for the past few years...
They already got approval from Steam so i wonder how they did it. I know steam doesn't care about incest and antropomorphic creatures/monsters but the rest...hmm.

bobullchad

May 30, 2017
OK I last played in the old built before they change to whatever RPG maker they use now. Was anything removed? There is a spot or two that was memorable to me

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Trying this one for the first time, though I wasnt sure at first Id like it, the story is excellent so far and the lack of combat doesn't bother me at all!

How long is the game? I noticed its been in development a long time.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Trying this one for the first time, though I wasnt sure at first Id like it, the story is excellent so far and the lack of combat doesn't bother me at all!

If you're only trying this for the first time now, you'll enjoy a couple of exciting evenings playing the game. However, the game's recent development pace is hugely disappointing, so once you're done with the current update, you'll have to wait another 5 years for anything of substance to be added to the story.

Anczej

Nov 4, 2020

How long, uuuh, I've played for around 12 h on the last version (0.22.1 I think), but I still had the hunters and futa nuns to do, so additional few hours, around 14 I'd say. But, even more, as I was really curious and checked a lot of possibilities before making my final decision and rolling with it, if you are as invested into the game as I was, I'd guess even more, much more actually, I just didn't bother writing down how many times I played a bit just to reload a save. And well, some thing were added since I last played, so probably even more.

About being in development, man, since february 2021 I first played this game until now the version changed from 0.22.1 to 0.22.3. Not that I'm complaning, just don't expect anything. If you really like the game, remember that there is also Overgrown: Genesis, the previous game from this author, I haven't played enough to give a short review, but seems solid and comparable.

EDIT: I changed the hours, as I've made a mistake, I thought I remembered but I was wrong.

Last edited:

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
About being in development, man, since february 2021 I first played this game until now the version changed from 0.22.1 to 0.22.3. Not that I'm complaning, just don't expect anything...
To put things in perspective, if you use the Walkthrough, which has been last updated in mid 2019, +90% of the current content has already been there. The first playable release has been in 2016, seven years ago. The game obviously suffers from the 'Song of Ice and Fire' Syndrome. No reason for such slow development other than the devs having run out of ideas or being too comfortable with the financing model of unconditional, unending, subscription-based fan support in exchange for one or two exciting new scenes every month or two.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Well, at least I know I'm playing something incomplete that may never be done. But hey, fun so far so I'll have fun for awhile!

Reactions: sdibolcrif
Oct 13, 2020
Well, at least I know I'm playing something incomplete that may never be done. But hey, fun so far so I'll have fun for awhile!
Well there's some glimmer of hope for the game.
The developer recently finished their other game Overgrown: Genesis, so we know they do actually finish stuff and hopefully now have more resources for Claire's Quest.

There are also several new/unfinished levels in the game files that were added only last update so there is progress.

Reactions: 21122121

Anczej

Nov 4, 2020
To put things in perspective, if you use the Walkthrough, which has been last updated in mid 2019, +90% of the current content has already been there. The first playable release has been in 2016, seven years ago. The game obviously suffers from the 'Song of Ice and Fire' Syndrome. No reason for such slow development other than the devs having run out of ideas or being too comfortable with the financing model of unconditional, unending, subscription-based fan support in exchange for one or two exciting new scenes every month or two.
What's this "song of ice and fire syndrome"? Sorry, I don't know what you are referencing to.

What? 2016 was 7 years ago? But anyway, I understand your point, that's exactly why I asked Valamyr, don't expect anything becouse you can only get dissapointed. I'm not paying them so I can't demand anything, but at the same, most of the times I got really interested in a game it turned out to have a... questionable devs, that either lost their passion, try to milk their patreons or something like that. I'm not suggesting anything, just enough bad experiences made me kinda sceptical. I suggest you do the same.

One more thing, Valamyr, even if it's unfinished, it still took me 18 hours (and even more, I just don't care for futa and dislike bestiality) of objectively good game. Personally, I'm just not into most of what's shown here, neither bestiality nor rape that's so common around here, but I'm currently interested in the norse girl Aslang or something and Slayer, as I think the old couple called her... "her", you know. I like strong women (and I made Claire like that), the graphics and some kind of plot that's better than "you arrive in a town as a student, now fuck your landlady, roommate, classmates, teachers and whoever else can you find", so I'm still waiting. And well, I played one and a half hour of Overgrown: Genesis, seems really nice. Simple, but enjoyable enough, so if you are looking for next games to play after finishing Claire's Quest, I suggest you give it a go.

Last edited:

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
What's this "song of ice and fire syndrome"? Sorry, I don't know what you are referencing to.
'Song of Ice and Fire' is George R.R. Martin's famous saga that gave us the HBO's 'Game of Thrones'. 'Game of Thrones' is actually the first book in the series, published in... 1996. The fifth book, 'A Dance with Dragons' came out in 2011 and the sixth has been written for 10 years now. In the meanwhile, the TV series, which premiered in 2011 had its disappointing final episode broadcasted in May 2019. You can actually see the young actors playing the main parts grow from children and teenagers into young adults throughout all those 9 years and 8 seasons.

Anczej

Nov 4, 2020
'Song of Ice and Fire' is George R.R. Martin's famous saga that gave us the HBO's 'Game of Thrones'. 'Game of Thrones' is actually the first book in the series, published in... 1996. The fifth book, 'A Dance with Dragons' came out in 2011 and the sixth has been written for 10 years now. In the meanwhile, the TV series, which premiered in 2011 had its disappointing final episode broadcasted in May 2019. You can actually see the young actors playing the main parts grow from children and teenagers into young adults throughout all those 9 years and 8 seasons.
So if I understand correctly, "song of ice and fire syndrome" means needlesly large breaks between releases? Yep, would make sense then. Still, I'm about to finish Overgrown: Genesis and well, the game is simple, but enjoyable. Has some mechanics to mess with, so it's not another powerpoint presentation with illusion of choice, so I'm hoping Claire's Quest will catch up to that and make a decent game in the end. No sense in complaining or something, as I'm satisfied with previous product, all I can do from now on is to patiently wait. Thanks for the information!

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
So if I understand correctly, "song of ice and fire syndrome" means needlesly large breaks between releases?
Not just that, but also something I'd call 'narrative sprawl' whereby an initially focused story becomes an epic journey that takes forever to complete, with so many unfinished subplots that each upcoming update feels like yet another episode of your favourite soap opera. It not just this game's weak point, as too many lewd games available here are perpetual works in progress, but this one is actually too good to be allowed to dawdle.

Reactions: Anczej

baltinko11

Jan 11, 2018
hello. l found a bug. when i exit the inn i got stuck in the water. The location is narfu village. This happens every time after all quests for thieves are done

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
hello. l found a bug. when i exit the inn i got stuck in the water. The location is narfu village. This happens every time after all quests for thieves are done
Yes, it's an annoying bug. You may use the in game cheat menu to teleport Claire to another location.

There's another bug when walking into the Inn in Valos farmlands after completed all available Sisters quests. You will not be able to exit, with the owner and his wife babbling something about not keeping Sister Rose waiting.

Reactions: baltinko11

Anczej

Nov 4, 2020
Not just that, but also something I'd call 'narrative sprawl' whereby an initially focused story becomes an epic journey that takes forever to complete, with so many unfinished subplots that each upcoming update feels like yet another episode of your favourite soap opera. It not just this game's weak point, as too many lewd games available here are perpetual works in progress, but this one is actually too good to be allowed to dawdle.
Yep, that's also true. Claire starts off as a poor peasant girl, my general plan when starting was to run away into safety, try to find whether my family is alive and if so, bring them to me, and make a living somehow, but instead I end up as what? Breeding ranch owner, nun, hunter, mercenary, prostitute, shield-sister (or something, I'm not sure what Aslaug called Claire), oh, exorcist for the little boy and alchemist with that gypsy girl too... What else? It's all content and it's all nice, but I also lack the "main plotline". I dislike that we are kinda pushed into being a hero, my mentality would be something like "fuck off boys, as Claire I'm a big fucking noone, don't expect wonders". You made me wonder how the ending would look like? I mean, I guess we could try and retake the continent, but once more, Claire is noone. Let me compare to the previous game as I just finished it today, Overgrown Genesis, there we at least were vaccinated against our will and had some "solid allies", but Claire is alone for the most part, really, how does she plan to wage a war? And even if, why would she be the leader or any participant?

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Since no one posted this here before.

Hello all and welcome to another concept artwork showcase!

Today, we're showing you the mummy of all dommy redheads: Chasseuse Maude!

Maude is part of the Rangers Questline, specifically the leader of the Poacher Gang that opposes the Rangers. In many ways, she is like a counterpart to Talin and co. Where the Rangers under Talin seek to maintain balance with nature, Maude is like a wrecking ball unto the forest, taking what she pleases, giving nothing back, and relishing in the thrill of the hunt and her personal gain and satisfaction above all else. Her cruel charisma has led to her gathering many like-minded brutes under her wing, and she poses a formidable challenge to the Rangers and their mission.

Maude will appear in the Rangers Questline following the "Death In The Water" quest, when the Rangers' intervention pisses her off one too many times and she decides to take a personal stake...

This piece is done by the amazing ! Do check him out if you can!

HunterWithAPen is relatively new to the NSFW scene, but is an experienced and, as you can see, very talented artist venturing into lewds. I really liked the fanart that he came up with of Claire, and I decided to bring him on board for our concept artwork team!

(PS: High-res versions of all our concept artwork is included as part of the Art Pack rewards for patrons at Tier II or higher!)
Hello all and welcome to another concept artwork showcase!

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
On Steam it says theyll sell a 'gold' version of the game with unique content later this year so I guess the author is working on it actively.

Kinda suggests itll be largely finished then? You cant call a game gold without wrapping up the story..

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes