VEHX

Jun 14, 2018
Great now it seems that the devs are prioritizing Steam over Patreon. Which is understandable though.

BDB12354

Jun 20, 2019
So does anyone have the latest steam version then? or know where to get it? i was looking forward to the new quest tbh

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
The version that is posted here combines the content of the two. So thats we are waiting for. As far as i know no one posts the steam version here , or any other place i know of. As for the quest that substitutes the urchin quest i think it's the one that is related to the bordel but its far from finished. I hope there are more than just rape scenes in the new update.

whamos_olrac

Mar 17, 2022
Version 0.25.2 is up on Steam.

That's quite a number of changes in the lore. From what I understand, the Steam version is different from the one here in F95, yet the version in this forum always integrates the update from the Steam release. Does this mean that we have to start all over again because of these alterations?

Last edited:

Glib1072

Nov 27, 2022
Games suffering as a result of their content being chosen by patrons is sort of the point that I'm making, though. I think it's probably the case that a lot of games suffer in quality because of the need to stick random fetishes in places or focus on things that weren't supposed to be a big part of the overall narrative.

Again, though, I know that it's how these games get made in the first place, just interesting to consider that they lose something by being made the way that they are.
I think the best example of this is the ranch - for a game already dedicated largely to having sex with monsters, they decided to devote 168(!) images to an unimportant job quest because that's what the Patrons wanted. Instead of finishing the story quests, streamlining the grind, or working on the sandbox, they dropped everything and devoted their resources to produce 168 more bestiality scenes, which is still only 1/4th of the ranch content, because that's what the backers wanted. Content not only slowed to a crawl, but the bulk of it was devoted to one specific fetish for a subset of their backers. Even looking through this thread, you see regularly see people who want more ranch content - 168 scenes is not enough.

The thing that distinguished this game from so many others is the focus on story content and actually being a decent game with fap content integrated into it. It's what got me interested in it - and that game still exists. But instead of focusing on what made it interesting and unique, they went all-in on even more bestiality content, because that's what the backers wanted. That will keep money flowing in from that particular group, but I can't help but think it's driven others away (including myself).

I came across the game at v20, and considered backing both because of the game and their good history of releasing regular content. I even bought the Steam version of OG, and that gave me a good feeling about CQ. But that was September 2020; in the 2.5 years since, releases have not only slowed to a crawl, but they've completely lost their direction. Recent posts seem to indicate they realize it, and the increased emphasis on story elements are a positive sign, but I'll remain skeptical until/unless they really start making progress. It's still a good game, but I won't back it so long as it exists just to milk money out of patrons rather than complete an actual game.

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
Beautiful women being bred by disgusting creatures is one of my shtick.
I dont mind it when the girls are down with it. But when it's all rape like the pig men scenes not a fan. Yet every one has their fetish as long as no real people hurt go for it.

Reactions: GaRbS

kailina55

Aug 11, 2018
I think the best example of this is the ranch - for a game already dedicated largely to having sex with monsters, they decided to devote 168(!) images to an unimportant job quest because that's what the Patrons wanted. Instead of finishing the story quests, streamlining the grind, or working on the sandbox, they dropped everything and devoted their resources to produce 168 more bestiality scenes, which is still only 1/4th of the ranch content, because that's what the backers wanted. Content not only slowed to a crawl, but the bulk of it was devoted to one specific fetish for a subset of their backers. Even looking through this thread, you see regularly see people who want more ranch content - 168 scenes is not enough.

The thing that distinguished this game from so many others is the focus on story content and actually being a decent game with fap content integrated into it. It's what got me interested in it - and that game still exists. But instead of focusing on what made it interesting and unique, they went all-in on even more bestiality content, because that's what the backers wanted. That will keep money flowing in from that particular group, but I can't help but think it's driven others away (including myself).

I came across the game at v20, and considered backing both because of the game and their good history of releasing regular content. I even bought the Steam version of OG, and that gave me a good feeling about CQ. But that was September 2020; in the 2.5 years since, releases have not only slowed to a crawl, but they've completely lost their direction. Recent posts seem to indicate they realize it, and the increased emphasis on story elements are a positive sign, but I'll remain skeptical until/unless they really start making progress. It's still a good game, but I won't back it so long as it exists just to milk money out of patrons rather than complete an actual game.
I get what you are saying and I agree with it, but it sounds like you have a dislike for the beasty content that makes your comment sound very biased. Saying 168 scenes is for sure an exaggeration. Counting a slight variation of a picture with, say, the penetration being slightly deeper than the previous pic, as a "different scene" is not very honest. It doesn't take near the amount of resources to create a variation of a picture than it does to create a new one from scratch, and there's no way there's actually 168 scenes in the ranch. Pictures with variations sure, scenes no. At the end like you said it's a game focused on beasty content so that's what (presumably) the majority of backers will pay to see.
It seems to me that the same thing happened as with most other games... devs started milking the game. There's nothing stopping them from adding more of the planned ranch content for example, (or any of the other side content) but they don't even do that. I'm not saying that would be good for the game, I just mean that side content should theoretically not be a reason for the game to have less regular updates. That's why I think it's not so much they got sidetracked as they got lazy. Even without a sense of direction and with tons of side content, they could still be providing updates regularly. "Hey for this month we do this side quest" etc. That is just not happening. And again I don't particularly think that would be good for the game overall but would still prefer to just have regular updates even if it means more side stuff. Anything is better than nothing imo, and personally I'm not here for the story.

kmh53

May 31, 2019
My steam version
CLAIRE'S QUEST VERSION SERIES 0.25.2 CHANGELOG

• The Rivermont route of the Prologue has now been finalized – failing to complete this route will cause the gameover event to trigger after the third day in Rivermont.

• New scene – the Fall of Rivermont (Claire PoV), part of the Main Questline if you go through the Rivermont route in the Prologue. This is a gameover scene that is automatically unlocked once you complete the Prologue (any route).

• Quest Journal has been updated with descriptions for all Rivermont sidequests.

• New major quest – “A Mother’s Pain” – part of the Main Questline if you did not go through the Rivermont route in the Prologue. Otherwise, this quest will be skipped

• New scene – the Nightmare – part of the new “A Mother’s Pain” quest. This is a gameover scene that is also unlockable in the Menagerie part of the Gallery

• New “Mother’s PoV” version of three scenes – Fall of Rivermont, Pigman Imprisonment, and Marie x Pigboss – all part of the “A Mother’s Pain” Main Quest. Not yet in Gallery.

• Lore change – the Noirwoods have been retconned out of the Five Families, replaced by the Twyne family (which will feature in the upcoming Sisters of Fertility quest, “Taming The Shrew”). Existing CG will be reskinned and reused later.

• Lore change – the events leading to the fall of Black Rock Pass as told by Lord Bertrand have been edited slightly to make more sequential sense since we are now going back to tell the Continent’s/Kingdom’s story.

• Lore change – Rathpike’s history and general Isles history as well as world history overview slightly altered to make more sense for how the Isles developed into their current states

• Large Gemstones from the Thieves Questline now working as intended with proper lockpicking blockers; Large Emerald back-added to the Lighthouse of Valos.

• Answering Lion’s initial queries in the start of the Mercenary Questline will now add attribute rewards.

• The bugged map leading out of the Rocks has been removed.

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes