RainySeason

Sep 10, 2017
Whats the point of the wardrobe in the gallery? Dont seem to change any of the scenes from what I have seen.
Are they just for the sprites?
Do all of them have scenes?

「S」- Man

Aug 27, 2021
How about next year we organize a raffle, we bet on the moths we think this game getting updates, if he doesn't get none (which may very well happen) the prize accumulates.
I guess we have nothing to lose, we're mostly degenerates why not be degenerate gamblers also and go all the way? 占い師立ち絵.png

Reactions: ELECTRO503.

DZE

Jan 11, 2019
me being optimistic? we'll have a christmas miracle and the update drops on christmas/ new year
me being realistic? march release date

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
The new update has added some scenes based on minor story quest lines. Unless I am mistaken, there does not appear to be much progress done on the main storyline content

This game is promising. CQ has a lot of themes that cater to various fetishes and different target audiences (e.g., yuri, lesbian, male domination, corruption, bestiality, etc). But it is simply the sheer amount of routes and side quests that are gumming up consistent progress on updates.

To me personally, the dev team needs to consider cutting down on unnecessary fluff and slack. Perhaps, it would be deemed feasible to exclude certain routes and focus on the central components of the storyline to progress content updates in a more streamlined manner. You can't force everything you want in the game, which is fine. You could potentially just release a DLC following the base game with those alternative/miscellaneous content.

Just my $0.02, but the development model does not seem that overly realistic, and it seems that they are stuck in "analysis paralysis" by releasing mini-updates which causes new bugs to appear, only for future updates to only include minimal content focusing on fixing the bugs encountered in the previous update. Of course, bugs are an inevitable reality in any development cycle. However, I just find it a tad perplexing how obstructed the dev production process can be because of how they approach the prioritization of updates.

In any event, this is just a minor quip on my end. I will continue to monitor and check out other games in the interim of course. Just wanted to leave my personal remarks based on what I've observed thus far.

Reactions: Retts and cm4000

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
The new update has added some scenes based on minor story quest lines. Unless I am mistaken, there does not appear to be much progress done on the main storyline content

This game is promising. CQ has a lot of themes that cater to various fetishes and different target audiences (e.g., yuri, lesbian, male domination, corruption, bestiality, etc). But it is simply the sheer amount of routes and side quests that are gumming up consistent progress on updates.

To me personally, the dev team needs to consider cutting down on unnecessary fluff and slack. Perhaps, it would be deemed feasible to exclude certain routes and focus on the central components of the storyline to progress content updates in a more streamlined manner. You can't force everything you want in the game, which is fine. You could potentially just release a DLC following the base game with those alternative/miscellaneous content.

Just my $0.02, but the development model does not seem that overly realistic, and it seems that they are stuck in "analysis paralysis" by releasing mini-updates which causes new bugs to appear, only for future updates to only include minimal content focusing on fixing the bugs encountered in the previous update. Of course, bugs are an inevitable reality in any development cycle. However, I just find it a tad perplexing how obstructed the dev production process can be because of how they approach the prioritization of updates.

In any event, this is just a minor quip on my end. I will continue to monitor and check out other games in the interim of course. Just wanted to leave my personal remarks based on what I've observed thus far.
So is the new update out ?

Penitensary

May 10, 2020

i think the best way to handle it is if they make a rule for themselves stating that "At least 25% of the next update needs to be main quest related" for example, so even if they focus on sidequests and sidegigs for Claire it will still add up over time.

Personally though, i think their main issue right now is not having a clue what to theme the next island as, so they've been trying to pad out the available islands as much as they can. As much as i like the Rivermont path, if i'm being truthful there was no reason to add it if the main quest isn't even halfway done yet. It's stalling for time in the hope inspiration hits, so updates are sneak peeks like "Hey guys, here's a Sinn-sith undead" and "Have a basilisk snek boss encounter" with the updates being mostly centered around CGs.

asriu

Jan 26, 2020
i think the best way to handle it is if they make a rule for themselves stating that "At least 25% of the next update needs to be main quest related" for example, so even if they focus on sidequests and sidegigs for Claire it will still add up over time.

Personally though, i think their main issue right now is not having a clue what to theme the next island as, so they've been trying to pad out the available islands as much as they can. As much as i like the Rivermont path, if i'm being truthful there was no reason to add it if the main quest isn't even halfway done yet. It's stalling for time in the hope inspiration hits, so updates are sneak peeks like "Hey guys, here's a Sinn-sith undead" and "Have a basilisk snek boss encounter" with the updates being mostly centered around CGs.
Hmm more like they lost focus really imo they should focus one or two questline for short time goal rather than push more branch like seriously it feel like they chew more than they can bite with idea scattered here and there. Viking questline may enter new island or that forgotten high class courtesan from rat pit what happens to those two? Did developer even still have or remember their end game goal?
Rathpike attack on valos pretty nice then what? It feel that part of main quest or at least one path to ending iirc it even before revamp stuff.

imho this like web novel author have basic idea, explore via subplot while during writing sub already forget the main plot because reader pay more for subplot exploration.

It is nice game but feel dragged like reading web novel consist of thousands of chapter going nowhere.

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
Around April 2024. The game has a lot of content and becomes more and more complex with each patch. Now they release a patch every six months
That would be fine if the updates were actually substantial. Last time all we got were a few new scenes. Do they honestly think they will ever finish this game with the development method like this ?! And the last update was in march. So now they plan to have ONE update per year ?!

Last edited:
Reactions: ashley_1147

morphisiusz

Dec 19, 2017
That would be fine if the updates were actually substantial. Last time all we got were a few new scenes. Do they honestly think they will ever finish this game with the development method like this ?! And the last update was in march. So now they plan to have ONE update per year ?!
I know it's easy to get irritated. But nothing will actually be done. There is no point in getting worked up and it's better to let go. Any attempt to ask on Discord. When is the new patch, why is it taking so long? He meets me with an answer. It is a complicated process, it requires a lot of dedication and work, you cannot rush artists, you have to take into account other people's private lives, why are you moaning so much, because you will have it for free anyway. It's easy to criticize others when you don't create anything yourself. And so on and so forth. Crying and getting angry won't help. You just have to break away from it and come back once a year to check if something new has been created and if there is new content.

Reactions: wolfund

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
Some guy wrote (the post got deleted for some reason) that the update can be out by the end of the year ? Is that possible of its an April 2024 ?

Jul 4, 2017
I know it's easy to get irritated. But nothing will actually be done. There is no point in getting worked up and it's better to let go. Any attempt to ask on Discord. When is the new patch, why is it taking so long? He meets me with an answer. It is a complicated process, it requires a lot of dedication and work, you cannot rush artists, you have to take into account other people's private lives, why are you moaning so much, because you will have it for free anyway. It's easy to criticize others when you don't create anything yourself. And so on and so forth. Crying and getting angry won't help. You just have to break away from it and come back once a year to check if something new has been created and if there is new content.
You realize they make over $10,000 USD per month, right? The developers are trying to justify a $60,000 development cost per update, for what amounts to a handful of random scenes, niche fetish content, and - more often than not - arbitrary and unnecessary remakes of scenes, characters, or entire story acts. With nothing actually resembling a continuation of the main story.

All of those 'answers' you receive from the developers are nothing but half truths and empty statements designed to handwave criticism, deflect blame, and excuse a horribly mismanaged product which is, arguably, more of a money-making scheme/scam than an actual game at this point.

The thing which actually needs to happen - and which will make a difference - is for the thousands of patrons to realize they are rewarding bad behaviour and cancel their subscriptions to a dev team who clearly doesn't have their's or the game's best interests in mind (this coming from a former patron who did exactly that).

Dowaray

Apr 24, 2019
hey looks like the dev forgot to place Claire during an event cause I find myself stuck in the wall or object 2 times

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes