Otaku Otter

Sep 20, 2018
Still dumb halting your game for an overhaul when its not even a finished product. This is pretty much the equivalent to going back into beta after releasing your product, from a design standpoint it makes no sense. You either commit to a project or you scrap the idea and move on, they are somewhere in the middle fiddling with this until they find something they like.

But enough of that no point arguing this on here so end the discussion, hopefully they dont take too long or they will just end up like every other dead patreon funded game, not much of a shocker but atleast the game is somewhat interesting so I will keep watch.
They actually had a Patreon poll about the release schedule. So, even IF (and they aren't) but IF they were shafting them for money. Guess what? It would be the fault of the majority of the patrons for accepting those terms, and if, as a patron (which you aren't) if you weren't happy with the decision withdraw your support.
Remember, these people are adults, and they made an adult decision.

Classic Krieger

Aug 1, 2017
Is it me or the main content of the game was cut in order to make a demo? I also notice much more CG's than there are in the game.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Weekly Blog 106-107
Sep 25 at 1:38am

Hello all and welcome to another weekly blogpost!

I have excellent news on the CG front - all previously planned CGs for Valos are now fully completed thanks to pigu! Portraits finished up thanks to Nikki! Maps have been tested, and I found a couple of pathing errors, and should have removed all the gamebreaking ones.

Only thing that's taking up more time is sprites, on which Ars is doing an excellent job, but quality does take time and effort and I have been guilty of having him refine the sprites until they're polished rather than move on with rough work in our wake.

In terms of gameplay, excepting sprites, Valos is now more or less ready. Given the circumstances, I am considering having Ars give me a "blank slate" sprite to work with, that I can put in places where we need new sprites. This will let you know that sprite is still in progress, while letting you play through the content. Obviously not ideal but seeing as sprites are the only thing missing, somewhat reasonable. If players don't like it we can always stop doing it later on.

Since sprites are taking awhile though, I took the liberty of getting a few more CG commissions done for Valos scenes. In particular, I thought I'd add a few more sidequests to Valos outside of the big questlines like the Five Families.

Regarding the Five Families, while it may not seem like it yet, it is in fact a major questline. However, it's arranged like a collection of interrelated sidequests to start with. Each of the five major families will give you a specific quest, and completing all five wins you enough renown to enter Gaelan's Landing, where you can participate in a deadly game of politics and intrigue.

Valos as it is looks quite good. Sisters and Rangers are quite fleshed out, and Five Families has a good bit of content for 3 out of 5 already. The remaining two are coming along nicely. Refugees in Valos play a big part in the Five Families, but more to come later rather than spoiling you now.

For patrons - I'll be sending out the art packs in the new "10 most recent" format shortly. Also, September polls coming soon + more sneak peeks of the Valos sets!

Stay tuned for more stuff!

Avenjq

Jan 29, 2018
People who think creating art and programing is the same work and is being done by the same person ... The art is being worked on regardless of the game itself and you will get the same amount as if they were working on the old engine, maybe even more if the new engine allows them to work faster on the coding.
Sometimes try to use the tumor that is growing on your neck folks.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
posted

Hello patrons! This month's polls will have a rather quick result! As you know, most of the content in our work is done, with the exception of sprites. That being said, while sprites are a pretty big part of the game (seeing as in-game you control one and interact with other sprites primarily), the rest of the game is pretty much playable.

So, this month we'll be asking - do you want the updates to be published only after all sprites are ready, or would you be OK with playing a version with everything is basically ready... Except the sprites?

If patrons are OK with it, we'll have these blank canvas 'placeholder' sprites first for the version releases, and the actual sprites for those characters will replace them later, once ready.

Vote now!

Results will take effect in a week if majority votes for placeholders!

Reactions: Krull

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
@Longo McFap Do you sleep by a computer because everytime I go to share a update you post a few minutes after the post.
Hehe, I am an addicted but I do not sleep next to one (for now at least ;) ). But my job allows me to have unlimited access to my homelab and so my e-mails during working hours. So it happens I receive a CQ update while I am drinking the first, second, third morning coffee ;) But don't worry, because I rotate my supported devs, I will only be able to post CQ news until the end of october.

Reactions: mirokid

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
Hehe, I am an addicted but I do not sleep next to one (for now at least ;) ). But my job allows me to have unlimited access to my homelab and so my e-mails during working hours. So it happens I receive a CQ update while I am drinking the first, second, third morning coffee ;) But don't worry, because I rotate my supported devs, I will only be able to post CQ news until the end of october.
Not complaining was just shocked at how fast, thanks for the posts. Also hoping we get that game early instead of waiting on sprites since there is no news on how long we wait if we do wait on sprites.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
So, this month we'll be asking - do you want the updates to be published only after all sprites are ready, or would you be OK with playing a version with everything is basically ready... Except the sprites?
Since they're doing an overhaul theres zero point to release anything before everything is finished.
Why even ask?

Shitsexotic

Feb 10, 2017
My gallery is bugged, whenever I zone into it it just replays the mean refugee scene over and over without letting me do anything else. Fix?

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes