1.90 star(s) 101 Votes

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
They kinda stopped the project being about breeding and started adding some stupid shit that has nothing to do with it.
The game was intended to be more than just breeding from the very beginning. Heck, even when Breeding Season was still on its last breaths there were already plans published about the dungeon crawling bits of this game. So I think you have the wrong idea.

They will be releasing HD animations as well. The problem is those animations are going to be with another characters in the world that are in no way connected to the main monster roster. And, ofcourse, there will not be a lot of them - most of the animations they will be doing are going to be LD animations for ants.
If you look at their PAtreon they still have 4 HD animations for main monsters coming and 6 animations for Companions.
Yet for some fucking reason they want to do 180+ more sprite animations...

I honestly just dont get it.
Really, you don't get it? You don't get why they don't make animations that cost much more effort and time to make instead of the smaller ones with fewer frames?

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
The game was intended to be more than just breeding from the very beginning. Heck, even when Breeding Season was still on its last breaths there were already plans published about the dungeon crawling bits of this game. So I think you have the wrong idea.
As far as I can read on their official Patreon page, "Team Nimbus are creating Cloud Meadow, an adult monster-breeding game!", not a "... farming simulator with low detailed animations that you can barely look at".
Why people are attracted to the game in the first place? "Breeding monsters". If I want farming - I'll go farm some shitty browser game that has more complicated mechanics and that has already been developed for a few years. Dungeon crawling? Same shit - tens and hundreds other games to do that shit. Breeding game with monsters that has actually great animation style and interesting and attractive design with complicated mechanics behind it? I have nothing that can compare to what MC has. You catch my drift?

Really, you don't get it? You don't get why they don't make animations that cost much more effort and time to make instead of the smaller ones with fewer frames?
Yes, yes I dont get why would game designer decide to prioretize secondary thing over the main attraction.
"Hey, how about instead of making interesting combat mechanics in DMC V we prioretize making more dance animations? New Graphics? Too expensive! How about emotion wheel? Who the hell needs Devil Breaker!? Its too hard to create new mechanics, how about we just make more flashy animations in the main menu - they are much easier?"
Of-fucking-course its hard! Doesn't mean you should prioretize some stupid ass shit that is easier to make. Creativity and success dont work that way.

Have you been in their Discord channel? Have you seen some additional designs they have for monsters? Its insane!
They have such a great designs, so beautifully made, so interestingly colored. To do what? To be enemies AND NOTHING MORE. For every main roster monster they have 4 different grades! 4 Karl! And all they are doing with it is to be enemies.
Why!? Why not utilize them more? Why not make them companions? Build a story around them? Make them more valuable as personalities? This is beyond my goddamn understaning.
They could've done the best monster Breeding game up to date, but instead they are making a mediocre game in every single aspect (design being an exception).

"Well, they are a small team, and cant afford that" Really?? You fucking serious right now!? They have 14 developers! 14! This is a small team? Are you shitting me! You want to tell me that a team of 14 fucking people can not do a single hand draw animation a week? This is a fuking joke. I've been studying and doing animations: vector animations, 3d animations, hand drawn animations, raster animations and I shit you not - the work they put in a single sex animation should not take more than a fucking week to create! Just a single person that works 8 hours a day should be creating 2-3 sex HD animations in 1 month! Lets assume it takes them more than that, they have other stuff to create, yes. Well then why the fuck do you have 3! writers working on that project!? 3. writers. Just think a freaking second. Why? There are projects that have 1 writer, yet they manage to have times more interesting story than CM has. Are you really going to tell me that that CM is a game about complicated story? Are you really going to tell me they NEED to have 3 writers to pull that off? How about you take those 2/3 writers and change them to animators so they could actually do you some animations that you need so desperately? No? Well let us assume they want to have deep lore and interesting story, ok. How long has this project been in development? 1 year? 2? 3 already? For 2-3 years 1 single writer can write you and publish a fucking book, not less. With interesting story, with intruiging characters, with deep as hell lore, with EVERYTHING.
You pay people money, they should work, its their job. If they can not manage to do in a week what a goddamn freelancer can do in 5-7 days - you look for a new employee, or you train yours to be better. Its buisness, its money, it works that way, and it should not work another way. Because when it does - you have a self proclaiming Monster Breeding game that focuses on everything else but breeding.

This game has insane potential, it has insanely attractive designs and really cool concept. But the basic game design choices make to me no fucking sense.
So yes, when you ask me if I dont understand why - I'll tell you yes, I dont understand why.

P.s. If they decided to concentrate on farming and dungeon crawling - then they have to advertise their game as such.

Merrill

Dec 20, 2018
As far as I can read on their official Patreon page, "Team Nimbus are creating Cloud Meadow, an adult monster-breeding game!", not a "... farming simulator with low detailed animations that you can barely look at".
Why people are attracted to the game in the first place? "Breeding monsters". If I want farming - I'll go farm some shitty browser game that has more complicated mechanics and that has already been developed for a few years. Dungeon crawling? Same shit - tens and hundreds other games to do that shit. Breeding game with monsters that has actually great animation style and interesting and attractive design with complicated mechanics behind it? I have nothing that can compare to what MC has. You catch my drift?
The game was always going to be a Harvest Moon clone, which contains breeding but not just breeding. If you are just now realizing this 3 years later I don't know what to tell you. Go play Monster Rancher or something.

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
The game was always going to be a Harvest Moon clone, which contains breeding but not just breeding. If you are just now realizing this 3 years later I don't know what to tell you. Go play Monster Rancher or something.
Haven't been here for 3 yeas. More like half a year.
Have been watching as project progresses and it just pains me to watch it.
Imo huge potential, wrong direction.

There is nothing bad, that game wants to be more than just a "all about sex" game, but if you market your game as such - this should be your main concern. ANd as far as breeding goes - its okay, it has its share of mechanics. When I was playing this game's build that had no game-breaking bugs, I was able to play it all day and it was fun.

My main concern with game lies in its lack of breeding quality. LD animations suck and there is not enough of HDs. Yet for some reason they decided that LD is priority, farming is priority, dungeons are priority, combat is priority, crafting is priority. Everything but its main advertising point.

But yes, you are right. If they decided so, theres nothing wrong with that I guess - its their Project, they advance it the way they want it to look like, and its my right to stop care about it if I want to. It just pains me to see how much of potential is being waisted here.

Reactions: obiwan

hayze35

Dec 23, 2018
Hi was wondering how to get penny to start whoring out at office because when I try the serum it comes up red text with NYI

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Breeding game with monsters that has actually great animation style and interesting and attractive design with complicated mechanics behind it?
That's it. If it were just a dungeon crawler with the great animations and attractive design, or a farming simulator with those things, would you be talking the same way? When you say that there are enough dungeon crawlers and farming simulators, you left out the part about the animations and design that you do bring up when you say that there aren't other games that compare to CM. This, to me, says that it's about more than the core concept(s) of the game for you.

As for me, I'm just in it for the pretty animations. I haven't bothered to actually play the game. And perhaps I'm right in doing so, if the many, many reports of how broken the game is is any indication.

Doesn't mean you should prioretize some stupid ass shit that is easier to make.
Put yourself in the shoes of a creator on Patreon for a minute. Would you rather bust your ass working on high quality stuff, or do the easy things and get the same (or perhaps even more) money? As much as I dislike the whole circlejerk about Patreon milking, it does have a core of truth to it.
Its buisness, its money, it works that way, and it should not work another way.
I agree that that's how it should be. Do good work and be rewarded for it. But that's not the reality that we live in when it comes to Patreon. Especially when it comes to adult content.

a mediocre game in every single aspect (design being an exception).
But the basic game design choices make to me no fucking sense.
Aren't you contradicting yourself here, or am I misinterpreting you?

Sounds like a typical adult Patreon game, honestly.

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
156_163_146_167, you didnt get it. Instead of making secondary gameplay mechanics that other games do better, that other games have more and that other games handle more creatively, CM could've concetntrate on breeding mechanics and create astonishingly amazing game about breeding. Why? Well because there is no other game that has breeding with monsters with such design and animation style. Mediocre dungeon crawling, crafting and farming are not adding that much.

If it were just a dungeon crawler with the great animations and attractive design, or a farming simulator with those things, would you be talking the same way?
I would. If were into those things, I expect them to be at their best. Why? Because Im not a lazy piece of shit that sits on his ass doing nothing. I work, I get money with my blood and swet and I want to see people do the same, because if people dont give their maximum, we won't get better future.
But its not just about those things. To take your own example, it would be like this: If it were a dungeon crawler with the great animations and attractive design that decided to stop half way on dungeon crawling and instead decided to add Sudoku, Chess and Rock-paper-scissors... Those last 3 thigns can be fun, no doubt. But they are SECONDARY. Instead of prioretizing secondary things, why not concentrate on the main attraction? If you advertise your game as dungeon crawling, then make sure that dungeon crawling can be at its maximum possibly awesome level.

When you say that there are enough dungeon crawlers and farming simulators, you left out the part about the animations and design that you do bring up when you say that there aren't other games that compare to CM. This, to me, says that it's about more than the core concept(s) of the game for you.
Ofcourse its more, and thats what bothers me. There is no other game as stylish and attractive as CM in its design, and it makes me sad, that the game that has those things decided to be another farming simulator with poor dungeon crawling mechanics.

As for me, I'm just in it for the pretty animations. I haven't bothered to actually play the game. And perhaps I'm right in doing so, if the many, many reports of how broken the game is is any indication.
Then you perhaps shouldn't even have a say about the game. If you expirienced 10% of the game and you try do defend it with this kind of expirience, it just shows how unadequate your view to the gaming as it all is.
Talk about the game without even actually playing it. Great. Whats next? I have only watched it on youtube and I can give this game 10/10?

Talking about the builds is absoulutely another problem - they are unplayable as if right now, having the same game breaking bugs from itereation to iteration. Its just laughable and unprofessional. Can't blame you for not playing it because of it though, but you at least could've tried you know...

Put yourself in the shoes of a creator on Patreon for a minute. Would you rather bust your ass working on high quality stuff, or do the easy things and get the same (or perhaps even more) money? As much as I dislike the whole circlejerk about Patreon milking, it does have a core of truth to it.
Okay I put myself. On the one hand I can work on a Job of my dream - I create what I want and how I want, I can make my dream come true, but to do that I have to actually work my ass off.
Or on the other hand I can say "fuck that shit, I want some chips and Cola" and I just go on the couch and jiggle my balls all day off.
If I want to call myself a complete and adequate human being, I think I will choose the first one. Oh, look at that - thats exactly what I'm doing every fucking day - I work my ass off to make my dream come true, because jiggling your member is not fulfilling and doesnt get you anywhere.

I agree that that's how it should be. Do good work and be rewarded for it. But that's not the reality that we live in when it comes to Patreon. Especially when it comes to adult content.
Sounds like a typical adult Patreon game, honestly.
And thats a good thing?! Seriously!?
You are telling me that laziness and mediocrity is to be a normal thing and I should be okay with it? You really wanna tell me that I should support someone who tragets being just mediocre?

I have a lot of things to say, but I'm struggling not to swear my insides out on you right now, so let me phrase this to you:
If you work in game development, and all you want is to be mediocre at best, QUIT YOUR FUCKING JOB. Its not for you. Leave it to people who actually want to accomplish something in their life.

Aren't you contradicting yourself here, or am I misinterpreting you?
No idea, its hard to follow your train of thoughts honestly.

But looking at your previous stands all I can say is that:
- you being ok with laziness and not demanding anything from developers for your hard earned money is not a good thing;
- you not actually caring about the game more than just 1 aspect is not a good thing;
- you defending the game without expiriencing the game itself as a whole is not a good thing.

Without passion, there is no labour. Without labour, there is no progress. Without progress, there is no future.
The very fact that you support laziness disgusts me into oblivion.
I'm sorry me being so negative, but I find this shitty attitude ridiculous and angering.

Reactions: ejmuerte

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
If you expirienced 10% of the game and you try do defend it with this kind of expirience, it just shows how unadequate your view to the gaming as it all is.
Let me just set this straight. I'm not defending the game. How could I if I haven't played the majority of it, and all I'm hearing about it is bad stuff? What I was trying to do is supply an explanation for why things could be going the way they are with this game. That, and I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind the statements that I replied to.
Can't blame you for not playing it because of it though, but you at least could've tried you know...
I've tried playing the game one time. From what I still know about it is that it was slow to pick up. Took a long time to get into anything interesting, let alone H scenes. And I believe that session was cut short because of a game breaking bug, causing a crash. After that, I didn't bother with the gameplay any more for as long as I'm still hearing reports of how buggy the game yet remains.
And thats a good thing?! Seriously!?
No! Where did I imply that it was?
- you being ok with laziness and not demanding anything from developers for your hard earned money is not a good thing;
That statement about me is not true. Never did I say that I'm okay with what's happening. I just stated that it was happening.
- you not actually caring about the game more than just 1 aspect is not a good thing;
It's not, but again, why bother with the gameplay if I only hear bad things about it? Would you play a game or see a movie that has only received largely negative reviews?
- you defending the game without expiriencing the game itself as a whole is not a good thing.
Again, not defending it. That's just how you choose to interpret my posts.
The very fact that you support laziness disgusts me into oblivion.
What makes you think I support them?

Haven't we two been through something like this before, by the way? I remember clashing with you a while back, and then it turned out that we shared the same opinions. And I believe that's again the case here. It's more difficult to convey emotion and meaning through text alone.

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
If everything you said was not to imply that you're ok with this, if everything that you "answered" was in terms to provide some kind of answer that is not really needed because everything is basically self-understandable, then why having this conversation at all?

- It pains.
- Yeah, you cut your finger, it bleeds, because you have blood.
- No shit, Sherlock.

If you are not supporting it, then why dont you say that in the first place? Everytime I try to read your statements, they come to me as contradictions to what I say, as an excuse to developers, rather than your actual view.
If you dont support them - why didnt you just say that? Why having this conversation at all in the first place?
People can be lazy - ofcourse. Why working on something hard when you can sleep - sure. Those things dont need clarifications, this is why everything you answered me before comes as counter arguments.

All in all I also dont understand why would you choose to have a conversation about the game that you didn't play? Where is the logic? I didnt play it, but I still wnat to have a say about it? Sure, its your right to do that, but your overall strangth of arguments is kinda minimal. Where is the point in that?

I am ofcourse sorry for being a jerk, but next time, if you dont support this kind of attitude that this game has, please say it at the very start. Also preferebly play the game a little bit more, just so you could understand more aspects that this game has or has not.

karn3939

Oct 18, 2017
Haven't been here for 3 yeas. More like half a year.
Have been watching as project progresses and it just pains me to watch it.

There is nothing bad, that game wants to be more than just a "all about sex" game, but if you market your game as such - this should be your main concern. ANd as far as breeding goes - its okay, it has its share of mechanics. When I was playing this game's build that had no game-breaking bugs, I was able to play it all day and it was fun.

My main concern with game lies in its lack of breeding quality. LD animations suck and there is not enough of HDs. Yet for some reason they decided that LD is priority, farming is priority, dungeons are priority, combat is priority, crafting is priority. Everything but its main advertising point.

But yes, you are right. If they decided so, theres nothing wrong with that I guess - its their Project, they advance it the way they want it to look like, and its my right to stop care about it if I want to. It just pains me to see how much of potential is being waisted here.
It's not that it is a problem that they don't want it "all about sex", the problem is when you advertise that it will be better than breeding season, have more sex than breeding season, then pull this crap. That is my problem with Cloud Meadow.

Reactions: ejmuerte
1.90 star(s) 101 Votes