Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
I am too dumb for this stuff

First scene for me is "pretty dry case"

then "Victim was shot from a low point"

then "two bullets were fired"

and so on, the Officer saying her sentences. At which point do I have to present what evidence? At the beginning or when I think it fits (shot twice -> report or when she is completely finished with her witness?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mike_666

Feb 7, 2021
Then, you need to press her on the statement 'I talked with the forensics team and they discovered nothing on the scene that would have indicated the presence of a third party', and then present the business card when prompted.

:cry: but the game just not comes up with this stuff. I presented the autopsy report but did not present the business card. Seems like that can't be done again or later.

Can someone please post a savegame-file? I'm done. The game really is fun, the court-dialogue is just friggin unnecessary, frustrating and at least does not work for me. Please somebody, give me a save-file from after the court-dialogue

nickpars

Jan 15, 2018
For some reason I cannot progress with Jennifer. She keeps saying we need to talk to people and look around the crime scene... Am i just that blind and missed something at the crime scene

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
I was very happy because the new update came, but I learned that there was not even a proper content.
Why are you waiting this long bro?

Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
For some reason I cannot progress with Jennifer. She keeps saying we need to talk to people and look around the crime scene... Am i just that blind and missed something at the crime scene

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
Honest question, how big a part does female domination play in this and is it avoidable?

Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Honest question, how big a part does female domination play in this and is it avoidable?
It's not super big, but it's there. It's mostly avoidable imo. And still, it's pretty tame as it's not ball busting, pegging, walking on u with heels etc. Think of sexy confident women getting their way with you.

Or yeah, you can be the chad and go to town, mostly.

Kekoernesto

Jun 18, 2020
he esperado mucho muucho esta actualización y aun si no es completamente contenido lascivo se agradece espero que la proxima actualizacion no tarde tanto y tenga mas contenido

Reactions: Yorma86

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It's not super big, but it's there. It's mostly avoidable imo. And still, it's pretty tame as it's not ball busting, pegging, walking on u with heels etc. Think of sexy confident women getting their way with you.

Or yeah, you can be the chad and go to town, mostly.
I have a kind of fetish that consists of avoiding femdom. I like that right or shortly before it happens, the MC has the option to refuse it, I find it gratifying.

Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Just a quick heads-up: I added a walkthrough for Jennifer in the main post about the game. You can now look at that if you get stuck.

Mike_666

Feb 7, 2021
I really appreciate your effort with the walkthrough, big kudos for you (y)

I found a savegame from before pressing or presenting anything in court and was trying to work through your walkthrough over and over again. I can present the forensic report and then a dialogue with the prosecutor Von Domme appears. I 've seen that already yesterday. But I cant see the dialogue about the forensic team nor am I able to press Janets new statement, it just wont show up. There is a dialogue between Von Domme and Janet (Janet saying she got confused...), she changes her testimony to "gun was fired twice, but one shot hit the victim", the judge comments "more truthful depiction of the situation". Janet stating the rest of her tesimony (green text) and the whole dialogue starts again.

I attached my save file, maybe someone can try it or maybe get me through that part.

Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
I really appreciate your effort with the walkthrough, big kudos for you (y)

I found a savegame from before pressing or presenting anything in court and was trying to work through your walkthrough over and over again. I can present the forensic report and then a dialogue with the prosecutor Von Domme appears. I 've seen that already yesterday. But I cant see the dialogue about the forensic team nor am I able to press Janets new statement, it just wont show up. There is a dialogue between Von Domme and Janet (Janet saying she got confused...), she changes her testimony to "gun was fired twice, but one shot hit the victim", the judge comments "more truthful depiction of the situation". Janet stating the rest of her tesimony (green text) and the whole dialogue starts again.

I attached my save file, maybe someone can try it or maybe get me through that part.
Yeah, looks like the last statement never got unlocked for you... Wow, I wonder what sort of a glitch happened in Ren'Py since it didn't update the variable, or rolled it back. Did you use the rollback feature? :unsure: I've had that break some stuff for me before, so it might be the culprit again.
Anyways I fixed your save, it should now have the final option visible. I'll also add a safety check for similar cases for the next update.

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
Games focused on purely management and games focused on dialogue-only VNs, of course. Nothing says you can't combine the two of them. You wouldn't say management games are not management games if they have a bit of VN in them, right? The cool thing is, nobody can stop me from mixing whatever genres I feel like doing, hehehehe.
I'm with cooperdk on the definition of VN's and sandbox/management games. It's either one or the other. You can't mix them as they have complete different nature. A VN is one long continuous story where you might have some choices which will send you down different paths, but you can't jump between different paths as you like during a game. In a sandbox/management game on the other hand each character can have it's own path and you can play them as you like, without having to finish a path before playing another.

You can off course ad a VN into a sandbox/management game, but I think you will lose a lot of the players who dislike VN if you do so. Instead it's better to break up the VN in smaller pieces so it's just another path.
I haven't played the court case yet, but based on the posts here, it sounds like it's a short VN that you can't get out of when first started. If this is true, why not break it up in multiple trial days, with the option to pause the trial and search for more evidence?

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
Uh, I'd have to list Pale Carnations as one of the main inspirations of the game.
I HATE VN's, but I played a couple of hours of Pale Carnations before I deleted it. I LOVE the content. It's exactly the kind of "forced" prostitution I hope we will get to see A LOT more of in the club. A lot of "forced" sex, some bondage and if spanking or violence it should be kept to max a red ass, but it can be left out completely IMHO.

Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
I'm with cooperdk on the definition of VN's and sandbox/management games. It's either one or the other. You can't mix them as they have complete different nature. A VN is one long continuous story where you might have some choices which will send you down different paths, but you can't jump between different paths as you like during a game. In a sandbox/management game on the other hand each character can have it's own path and you can play them as you like, without having to finish a path before playing another.

You can off course ad a VN into a sandbox/management game, but I think you will lose a lot of the players who dislike VN if you do so. Instead it's better to break up the VN in smaller pieces so it's just another path.
I haven't played the court case yet, but based on the posts here, it sounds like it's a short VN that you can't get out of when first started. If this is true, why not break it up in multiple trial days, with the option to pause the trial and search for more evidence?
The storyline for that is already broken down to multiple days. Of course, the trial could be broken as well, but I didn't think it would turn out quite that long. But I'd also argue that that's a very narrow definition of VN, but it might be a topic we'll end up agreeing that we disagree, heh. Everyone has their own previous experiences which will define your viewpoint. I've been gaming for over three decades and been developing stuff on/off for about 4 years and I've seen a lot of genre mashups, so I think it's a fair combination even if it possibly alienates someone.

Catering to everyone is ultimately impossible anyways :D plenty of evidence of that in this here forum. Might as well make the kind of game I'd play and let similar minded people enjoy it.

I HATE VN's, but I played a couple of hours of Pale Carnations before I deleted it. I LOVE the content. It's exactly the kind of "forced" prostitution I hope we will get to see A LOT more of in the club. A lot of "forced" sex, some bondage and if spanking or violence it should be kept to max a red ass, but it can be left out completely IMHO.
Well, the idea is that you'd corrupt and coerce the girls into having sex and servicing men in the club, but most club rooms will have the safe vanilla activity where the girls won't do anything lewd by themselves and the player has the option to just have them serve drinks and talk to the customers.
Personally I think that's a bit lame though and the girls should be turned into proper cum dumpsters, but I guess it feels even cooler/hotter when there's the option not to do it.

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
Well, the idea is that you'd corrupt and coerce the girls into having sex and servicing men in the club, but most club rooms will have the safe vanilla activity where the girls won't do anything lewd by themselves and the player has the option to just have them serve drinks and talk to the customers.
Personally I think that's a bit lame though and the girls should be turned into proper cum dumpsters, but I guess it feels even cooler/hotter when there's the option not to do it.
I totally agree with you and will be waiting impatiently for the first full sexual activity in the club. I don't care whether it's with a customer or the MC. I don't mind being a virtual pimp. :)

Reactions: Jimwalrus

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
...but I guess it feels even cooler/hotter when there's the option not to do it.
Boom! That's exactly it! Knowing that the corruption is not pre-ordained by the game may be a PITA for the dev having to build the 'nice' routes that few people will ever go down, but it makes it so much juicier to push the girls' limits.

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes