Unreal Engine Completed CODE: VALKYRIE II [Final] [Ulimworks]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game is obviously missing quite a lot of content, but I wanna touch on some issues I had with stuff that is already in the game too.

Teleporters:

The maps in this game already aren't designed rationally, you never really know when one area will lead to another, it's not like exploring a realistic neighborhood or something. This is made far worse by the way the teleporters are handled. A teleporter can be hidden in absolutely any nook and cranny and there are an absurd amount of those in this game. It's extremely easy to burn out searching for them.

Some simple ways to improve those: Make the teleporters glow a bit or make noise so you can see them from around corners slightly. This would prevent the common need to run down a hallway checking every little cubicle/curve for them. You could also increase their size.

Next up: the teleporters could be 2 way, or at least have a receiving end that looks different from the entrance. This gives you a problem that needs to be solved. If you see a receiving end connected to an area you can't reach normally, you know to look around for a teleporter. With the way they just drop you off anywhere, it's more like RNG than a cool puzzle that it could be. Spotting a receiving teleporter and managing to find the entrance to it would give a nice dopamine hit instead of just "Oh, random ass teleporter". It becomes a mini quest that needs to be solved and feels more rewarding for the player to find the way through it.

Enemies:

Swarm basic black monsters: They're fine, they're the mindless fragile swarm zombie type enemy. They're good at filling gaps in other enemies and applying pressure to the player.

Small Robots: Also fine, they can eat an absurd amount of bullets and tempt you into meleeing them, increasing your risk of damage. Their ranged damage is also a moderate threat, especially when in swarms.

Large Robots: Needs an alternate attack, I don't think I was ever struck by one of these. I feel like it'd be pretty cool if they normally guarded their weak point when walking towards you and only unguard it when attacking. For example occasionally they'd stop moving for a bit, unguard their weak point, and charged up/fired a beam at you from their chest/weak point that required you to dodge or shoot them at that point.

Massive black monsters: Again, not sure I was ever struck by one of these. For monsters that seem like they should be a boss, they were never a threat. They need some additional attacks like the large robots. Maybe a ranged attack, or maybe leaping at you from a distance or something. There's a lot of ways to improve them and make them more intimidating, would take a while to go through all those but I'm sure the dev could come up with some stuff if they spent more time on them. They might be in need of a buff/new mechanics the most.

Dogs: They're okay challenge wise, but I feel like they could use alternative attacks too like a lunge after a bit of a pause or something, forcing you to dodge or kill them before they leap. Them just running into you and dealing damage doesn't have much impact. As they are now, they're too similar mechanically to the swarm monsters and need their own identity.

I would love to see more from this dev, I hope they add some missions, more collectables, and a notice of how many collectables you've already grabbed in an area. The map is a bit too large/mazey to just leave it to random exploration for everything without any hints. Though they did space out the costumes evenly/logically. Even the ones I didn't find in my initial playthrough were in the areas I figured they were (So I can't fault them for that, though I can fault them for the massive burn out of being forced to check every single inch of the map for fucking teleporters until I stopped wanting to look for shit, lol).

Last edited:

LYuen

Sep 13, 2020
If you want the game to be more challenging, you can play with the extra character.
She has 1x beam of gunfire instead of 4 and has a narrower range of pyhsical attack, which is good fun to play with.

Agree that the random teleporting is annoying but I also enjoy randomly exploring the map.

I actually bought the game for it being so generous on the content - they have included the complete content from the previous game into this one.

Reactions: Muséf

wazxy

Jul 8, 2019

View attachment 1298958
And here we go, need some people to test this for me to make sure it works on all the costumes.
View attachment 1298970
V2
Your choice of MEGA or

Just extract the "CodeValkyrieII-WindowsNoEditor_p.pak" to the
"CodeValkyrieII_64bit\CodeValkyrieII 64bit\CodeValkyrieII\Content\Paks" folder
No I did not test it on the 32bit version. If you are still on a 32bit os in 202x you don't deserve uncensored gameplay. (y)
Nice wokr!

wazxy

Jul 8, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game is obviously missing quite a lot of content, but I wanna touch on some issues I had with stuff that is already in the game too.

Teleporters:

The maps in this game already aren't designed rationally, you never really know when one area will lead to another, it's not like exploring a realistic neighborhood or something. This is made far worse by the way the teleporters are handled. A teleporter can be hidden in absolutely any nook and cranny and there are an absurd amount of those in this game. It's extremely easy to burn out searching for them.

Some simple ways to improve those: Make the teleporters glow a bit or make noise so you can see them from around corners slightly. This would prevent the common need to run down a hallway checking every little cubicle/curve for them. You could also increase their size.

Next up: the teleporters could be 2 way, or at least have a receiving end that looks different from the entrance. This gives you a problem that needs to be solved. If you see a receiving end connected to an area you can't reach normally, you know to look around for a teleporter. With the way they just drop you off anywhere, it's more like RNG than a cool puzzle that it could be. Spotting a receiving teleporter and managing to find the entrance to it would give a nice dopamine hit instead of just "Oh, random ass teleporter". It becomes a mini quest that needs to be solved and feels more rewarding for the player to find the way through it.

Enemies:

Swarm basic black monsters: They're fine, they're the mindless fragile swarm zombie type enemy. They're good at filling gaps in other enemies and applying pressure to the player.

Small Robots: Also fine, they can eat an absurd amount of bullets and tempt you into meleeing them, increasing your risk of damage. Their ranged damage is also a moderate threat, especially when in swarms.

Large Robots: Needs an alternate attack, I don't think I was ever struck by one of these. I feel like it'd be pretty cool if they normally guarded their weak point when walking towards you and only unguard it when attacking. For example occasionally they'd stop moving for a bit, unguard their weak point, and charged up/fired a beam at you from their chest/weak point that required you to dodge or shoot them at that point.

Massive black monsters: Again, not sure I was ever struck by one of these. For monsters that seem like they should be a boss, they were never a threat. They need some additional attacks like the large robots. Maybe a ranged attack, or maybe leaping at you from a distance or something. There's a lot of ways to improve them and make them more intimidating, would take a while to go through all those but I'm sure the dev could come up with some stuff if they spent more time on them. They might be in need of a buff/new mechanics the most.

Dogs: They're okay challenge wise, but I feel like they could use alternative attacks too like a lunge after a bit of a pause or something, forcing you to dodge or kill them before they leap. Them just running into you and dealing damage doesn't have much impact. As they are now, they're too similar mechanically to the swarm monsters and need their own identity.

I would love to see more from this dev, I hope they add some missions, more collectables, and a notice of how many collectables you've already grabbed in an area. The map is a bit too large/mazey to just leave it to random exploration for everything without any hints. Though they did space out the costumes evenly/logically. Even the ones I didn't find in my initial playthrough were in the areas I figured they were (So I can't fault them for that, though I can fault them for the massive burn out of being forced to check every single inch of the map for fucking teleporters until I stopped wanting to look for shit, lol).
Game objective: Unlock all costumes

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
For those of you having trouble finding a lot of the costumes:
There's a very simple trick that can be used to actually get all of the costumes, and all you need to do is unlock the "Island B" dropoff point in the menu. I'll try to keep minimally verbose, but I'll explain where a lot of the costumes are from where you initially spawn using the "Island B" dropoff.

Starting at the dropoff point, there are two "easy" costumes that you can get—the first of which is almost directly underneath where you spawn; the second is in the secret area accessed by walking along the train path behind this point.

Screenshot (36).png Screenshot (41).png

However, if you angle your view downward, you can see a platform and a hidden alcove that you can easily run and jump to from here. Once you're inside, you'll find a split towards either a teleporter that leads you deeper into the island, or toward two massive cubes that require a bit of platforming (or a running jump followed by a late sword slash just after the zenith of your jump) to reach easily. In addition to those two massive cubes are two "red" cubes which you can avoid... but more importantly, a second hidden teleporter that shoves you all the way up to the top of Island C, where you can easily get to most other costumes in the game...

Screenshot (42).png Screenshot (48).png

...as well as giving you a third massive cube, so at this point, you should have at least 120,000 credits to spend on any costume you see fit—easily enough to purchase any of the costumes you find, just so long as you can actually find them. And finding the costumes should be fairly easy from here.

Screenshot (45).png Screenshot (38-1).png

If you look down from the back of the tower, you'll see the area near the "Island C" spawn point where one of the costumes is hiding; it's just a matter of dropping down to collect it since the mobs in that cityscape area are non-hostile.

Looking down from the front of the massive peak, the platform along the leftmost tower that you can see has one of the easiest costumes to get from here. You can either use jumping slashes as "pseudo-air-dashes" to make your way to the top of the tower and drop down (1) or you can drop onto the wider platform around the side of the tower and fight through a large horde of robots and monsters (2) to get to the costume spot. There is also a second costume that's a little harder to get from this point, so I've included a couple more screenshots to show more detailed info.

Screenshot (46).png Screenshot (47).png

This location is around where the (3) in the other picture was, near the two... jotuns? Titans? I'm not sure what to call them, but maybe "giants" is easiest. If you land on the lowered landing just right of where the giants are standing, you might come across a few small robots that will shoot at you. Once you've dispatched them, you can run along the edge of that platform to find a pane of glass you can jump on; take a few steps out and look around, and you should see another platform, this time with a landing spot for your escape mech. This is actually the place where you respawn when you reach the beacon at the end of the game. It holds one of the final costumes in the game, there beside the campfire.

I don't know how many more costumes are readily accessible from here, as finding them randomly can be a bit of a crapshoot. Aside from the costume shop in the building past the first ice shelf you walk through, I don't have any of the other costume locations memorized.

donysz

Sep 3, 2020
Sweet game, still having difficulty finding costume 8 tho, the maze design of the game is driving me crazy XD

Reactions: Muséf

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
you have 2 5 7 suits closed. is it "everything is open"?
Well, everything from the save the other guy posted. I tried to find the store from last game to buy them, but no idea where it is.
Cheatengine fairly simple to use for money tho, took me 2 searches.

Aug 8, 2017
Dunno if anyone already posted it, but I got 3kk points by jumping down island a (?) into a visible alcove and then down to a vaulted open hall with a single giant blue cube and an extraction point (otherwise a dead-end, so kind of a bummer).

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
Hm I guess I can see why it was originally set to censored. Lots of clipping during penetration, and no existing physics to the lady part. Oh well.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes