despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Why did the gallery suddenly disappear? I cannot find it anymore, but I know it was there.
Apply the hotfix

I'm going through the intro right now and... did you use an adapted version of the Call of Cthulhu 7th edition skill system? Cause this is sounding awfully familiar lol (Not a bad thing btw, I'm actually a big fan of the CoC skill system, just found it funny is all)
Hey just a heads up for some reason the skills you study in the library aren't unlocking for me after I study them at the library
Yeah, it started out as straight up Cthulhu, but I needed to add some kind of extra progression so it ended up in its current state :)

Regarding the library: yep, small oversight, the skills unlock on their first use usually, and the bug is only a display problem, you get your skill points anyway!

kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
just found this, lots of typos for instance there was a scene where here was used when it shouldve been her
also, just bought the book store, and when Theresa was talking, it actually says Kate

kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
i keep getting a message about upgrading the cafe, but never get any options to upgrade the cafe

kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
ok, this is weird... just unlocked the scene replay, but there's scenes with a girl I haven't even met yet...

kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
there's a line that doesn't make any sense before the MC gets to have sex with Jenny for the first time on his bed... when his hard cock was over his pulsing manhood, she lowered herself just a bit... kind of hard for him to put his cock over his own cock...:p

in the same scene you wrote Jennies instead of Jenny's

Reactions: despiteful

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Did you click the complete button on the quest page? I didn't realize it was a button at first.
I think the issue is that the "COMPLETE" button isn't visually distinct enough. It's the same shade of gray as the quest reward text, with the same mouse-over color-change, it's plain text, and it's left-aligned, making it seem like it's just a statement of quest status, rather than interactive. Putting a box just around the word COMPLETE with a different background would probably help. Also, maybe make the text a different color, or remove the color-change effect on the reward.
I just started playing this, and I agree. I don't believe the COMPLETE! button stands out enough.

Another thing I noticed (it's hard not to) is overuse of the exclamation mark at the end of sentences — there are far too many. Not everything everyone in the game says should be said with an excited voice; nobody IRL talks this way, and it breaks immersion a lot for me. Unless someone's shouting or saying something with a "Wow!" type of tone, they shouldn't have the ! mark at the end of their sentences.

There are other ways to bring across the feeling that characters like Kate are constantly excited. You can, for instance, use {i}{/i} around text to italicize it, which implies emphasis. If you were using that for a character's thoughts, it might not work, but you are using parentheses instead, so the italics could work. You could also use {b}{/b}, you could slightly increase the font size with {size=+10}{/size}, or you could even use what authors have for centuries in printed books by just stringingTogetherSeveralWords. I would also use this last method sparingly, however; it becomes taxing very quickly for most readers.

BTW, you have "a total bonus/malus of [value] applies" when using a skill. I assume "malus" is meant to be the opposite of bonus, yes? If so, the word in English would be penalty, just so you're aware.

Last edited:
Reactions: despiteful
Nov 25, 2017
I just started playing this, and I agree. I don't believe the COMPLETE! button stands out enough.

Another thing I noticed (it's hard not to) is overuse of the exclamation mark at the end of sentences — there are far too many. Not everything everyone in the game says should be said with an excited voice; nobody IRL talks this way, and it breaks immersion a lot for me. Unless someone's shouting or saying something with a "Wow!" type of tone, they shouldn't have the ! mark at the end of their sentences.

There are other ways to bring across the feeling that characters like Kate are constantly excited. You can, for instance, use {i}{/i} around text to italicize it, which implies emphasis. If you were using that for a character's thoughts, it might not work, but you are using parentheses instead, so the italics could work. You could also use {b}{/b}, you could slightly increase the font size with {size=+10}{/size}, or you could even use what authors have for centuries in printed books by just stringingTogetherSeveralWords. I would also use this last method sparingly, however; it becomes taxing very quickly for most readers.

BTW, you have "a total bonus/malus of [value] applies" when using a skill. I assume "malus" is meant to be the opposite of bonus, yes? If so, the word in English would be penalty, just so you're aware.
I agree on the complete button not standing out enough, I also didn't realize it was a button at first.

It's been a bit since I've played so I can't remember how much exclamation points were used, but I don't remember it being immersion breaking for me, probably because I've definitely met people IRL who almost constantly talk in excited voices.

As for the third point... malus is actually an English word. A (albeit rare) meaning of it is "A penalty or negative thing," so the dev actually used it correctly here. They likely picked it up from Call of Cthulhu, given that's the system they based their skill system on.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I agree on the complete button not standing out enough, I also didn't realize it was a button at first.

It's been a bit since I've played so I can't remember how much exclamation points were used, but I don't remember it being immersion breaking for me, probably because I've definitely met people IRL who almost constantly talk in excited voices.

As for the third point... malus is actually an English word. A (albeit rare) meaning of it is "A penalty or negative thing," so the dev actually used it correctly here. They likely picked it up from Call of Cthulhu, given that's the system they based their skill system on.
OK, I found it finally; it's a legal-specific term, which makes it even more obscure to anyone not in the legal profession. It's telling that it's not found in almost any major dictionary online: , nor , nor , nor the OED. It's in the online and legal ones. That seems to be it. In fact, the word does exist outside of law, but it refers generally to a type of tree or shrub, not how it's used here. So yes, I stand corrected; no, however, I stand by what I said. I don't think it should be used, and you agree that it's very rarely used. Although its use can be surmised, I think it will look strange to most people.

Reactions: TheDevian

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
OK, I found it finally; it's a legal-specific term, which makes it even more obscure to anyone not in the legal profession. It's telling that it's not found in almost any major dictionary online: , nor , nor , nor the OED. It's in the online and legal ones. That seems to be it. In fact, the word does exist outside of law, but it refers generally to a type of tree or shrub, not how it's used here. So yes, I stand corrected; no, however, I stand by what I said. I don't think it should be used. Although its use can be surmised, I think it will look strange to most people.
I will most likely change it to handicap or penalty!
We use bonus malus in german sometime, and it kinda sounded english so I never second thought it, thanks!

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
I try to make a wide variety of female characters for the game, there will probably be some that aren’t aligning with everyones kinks.

The only thing I go out of the way to make skippable is the non NTR stuff that people here think is NTR ;)

But since femdom outside of some tsundere situations isn’t really my beer either, those will probably be confined to a few heroines :)
I try to make a wide variety of female characters for the game, there will probably be some that aren’t aligning with everyones kinks.

The only thing I go out of the way to make skippable is the non NTR stuff that people here think is NTR ;)

But since femdom outside of some tsundere situations isn’t really my beer either, those will probably be confined to a few heroines :)
there's femdom? im in downloading now love femdom. Where is the female domination tag, will it be added??

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
there's femdom? im in downloading now love femdom. Where is the female domination tag, will it be added??
There is some amount of mc getting teased by the girls in sexual situations!
If you only love femdom, I’m not sure you would enjoy the game!
The closest to a full femdom route outside of some scenes in various girls routes, is the new character Lily, she likes to be in charge and ‘might allow mc to masturbate’ while she is watching!

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Dec 31, 2017
COED Conquest [v0.7.2] [despiteful] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Original Win/Linux Size: 622 MB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 215 MB
Compressed Mac Size: 180 MB

PS: The above compressed version already patched with hotfix.
Do download the hotfix from the op if you downloaded v0.7.1.

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 19 Votes