despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Just found this and enjoyed playing it for a few hours. The idea of leveling up skills, investments and relationships is a very addictive one! I also really appreciate the quests and girls info giving me clear instructions for what to do.

That being said, there are areas the game could improve in. Here are some suggestions for quality-of-life improvements.
Thank you for your kind feedback, I will try to address all of your points in the following :)

* The player will inevitably have to try each action dozens of times to get 100 skill...but right now most of those actions have the exact same text every time. Every time I study with Miranda, she chooses the same secret message for the code and gets embarassed when I guess it...even though I've guessed it multiple times now. Every time I buy a coffee, the server is surprised to see me. It would be much less repetitive to have three or four variants for each of these - no new art required! For example, what if Miranda used the secret message 'My weak point is my neck' sometimes, or 'I have a thing for guys who are good at Investigation'? (This is especially weird that every time I try to pick up girls I use the exact same skills)
That's an interesting suggestion, but from a time management perspective, I would probably go for a wider variety of events you can use to level the skills

Originally, I thought of these study events as a way to rise your early skills, but I guess it is also kind of a good way to go all the way to 100 since most difficult later events can't be readily replayed like them!

Regardless I will put it on my list since if I ever find some extra time I can try it out!

* On the same note, it would be nice to have the game skip all that story text for events you've seen, say, ten times already. I buy a coffee from the cafe almost every day, and I've gotten into the habit of using TAB to skip everything. This is not a good thing in a game! Just being able to say buy a coffee and have it say just stamina +70 would be much nicer!
I will also put this on my list, for similar reasons, because that probably has to be an option rather than the default, and I have to figure out a way to implement it.

* There's a fair bit of useless, repetitive clicking in the game. You could get rid of some of them by adding the comment (I can do this all day!) with the result (Yes! 21 out of 50 is a success!). There's no reason these need to be separate messages!
I will take a look how this is implemented and if I can do it easily! It's on the list now :)

* Get rid of 'enter location', as it seems to do nothing but give you an extra mouse click every time.
Actually, that is kind of a relic, you can enter the location just by clicking on the name, I left the button in as an option for people that were already familiar with the initial system... (I even click it myself sometimes)

* It would be nice if working at the cafe gave you free coffee or free food. Not super important, but it seems weird that I can work at the cafe all day and be starving at the end of it. Similarly, isn't there any kind of employee discount at the clothing store?
If you look at say for example the canteen, you see the option to buy upgrades, I didn't have that when I originally designed those jobs.
I will eventually go over them again and implement the system, where such rewards as the ones you mentioned will be added!

* It's weird how the food and drinks work in the game...a $10 cake restores more stamina than a $20 burger (although the burger does give satisfaction). Personally, I would prefer if the more expensive options gave satisfaction and an equal or greater amount of stamina/hunger - that would make it clearly superior.
Yeah the cake is a weird one... Logic behind burger was, junk food gives satisfaction but doesn't get you satiated for long...
Guess cake is magical haha..

* At the beginning of the game, I didn't understand how the quests worked and failed to realize I had to click on complete to get the prizes (I had about six or seven waiting when I figured this out). Maybe you could put 'complete' in bold red to make it more eye-catching? Better yet, mark the whole quest complete with some art so that it's more obvious? Or have an icon on the screen remind you that you have rewards waiting?
Yes I already have it on my list to replace the button! Maybe even naming it "Get reward" would have been a better choice than naming it Complete...

* Even with only five or six girls I have some trouble remembering which girl is weak to, say, Athletics and which is weak to Charm. It would be nice if after you try a flirting tactic on her your character remembers that it is a normal, hard or extreme challenge and tells you next time (e.g. Charm (Normal) showing up instead of Charm). Or colour-code the ones you know (green = easy, yellow = medium, red = hard)
The heroine screen honestly looks like crap right now... I will probably rework it completely sooner than later, I will add it to the list for that rework!

* It's a little weird how stamina goes down and hunger goes up. What about changing hunger to 'fullness' and having it go down, or change 'stamina' to 'exhaustion' or 'tiredness' and have it go up? The way it's colour-coded now makes it less confusing, but it's still not as easy as I'd like to look at.

* The restore options for each stat... please colour-code the word 'restore' so that it shows up as, say, yellow if you actually have an item, and grey (like now) if you don't. That would save me wasted time clicking and realizing I don't have any more.
I put it on my list! But that's another UI element that needs replacing pretty badly!

Regarding the different up and down... Yeah... I understand your point... But I'm kind of scared to touch the code... I could maybe jumble it around so it looks right on the UI... I put it on my list... But don't put your hopes to high for that one

* When choosing which lecture to attend, it would be nice if the game told me my current skill level (e.g. Cooking 72, Music 85, Investigation 100) so I could know which ones to focus on. It might also be good to see which I have points in already.
That might be easy to implement, I will take a look!

edit: Implemented for next version

* In stores it would be nice to show which items you already own (at least the ones that aren't consumable). Again, colour coding could work - or just remove them from the store even. Is there a purpose to having them remain?
Yep that would be important... All depends if I can use class functions on screens.. I will try to figure it out, but I'm aware that it would be very nice to have...

edit: Implemented for next version (There is a Max text next to it if you are full)

* When meditating to improve skills, there's a lot of text, and I often forget what the original value was...it would be much easier to see it all in one line (Cooking is at 72...one success...now 74!). Even better would be a sheet showing before and after values (Cooking 72 -> 74, Investigation 25 -> 40, Combat 25 -> 25), with improvements in green.
I will take a look, but I'm not sure how easy it is to get it into the existing code

* For the tennis club storyline, it's frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any way to practice Gaming before you are asked to train, so your skill is very low and the only real way to raise it is buying gear. Couldn't you unlock the option to train with the ball machine when the quest begins?
There is something in the works... But I hadn't had time yet, I'm aware that there is a issue with the gaming skill!
I most likely will add something like a game console, with which you can improve it/play together with the girls

* After you've unlocked all three sex acts with the girls in class, it seems pointless to ever choose the handjob/blowjob options because they give less satisfaction. If they gave the same amount the second time they were chosen (a bonus the first time) then players could choose whichever scene they preferred to see.
Good point, on one hand I agree, but I also wanted to have some kind of progression in the amount of reward you get, the further you go...
I will think about it, maybe I just end up improving all the options the more you unlock

* Also on that note - it might make sense to give the sex-only encounters a bigger boost to satisfaction than the learning-and-satisfaction encounters, or else the lectures become no-brainers - improve your stats and gain satisfaction! Or perhaps the lectures + after lecture fun could count as 2 time periods.
Good point I will think on it

* There are a number of minor spelling errors throughout. Just things like graving instead of craving, unkown instead of unknown or live instead of life. Very minor, but worth fixing.
I'm continuously fixing them as people point them out to me, I have someone messaging me every error that they find on discord! I also made a channel on my server for that purpose... (Noone used it yet though...)

Keep in mind, I wouldn't have put this much effort into a comment if I didn't enjoy this game!
No worries I always enjoy some good feedback!
I put almost all of your points on my list, and will try to implement some when they fit my schedule!

Last edited:
Reactions: QuietlyReading
Jan 8, 2019
>I put almost all of your points on my list, and will try to implement some when they fit my schedule!

Thanks! I know that some things that look simple to me aren't always simple in the code, and I trust you to know what you're doing. Just wanted to bring things to your attention that might be helpful.

Oh, encountered a minor bug: you can raise Sophia's affection to 20 and get the 'protein shake' scene with her in the Sauna... before you buy the Sauna permit.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
>I put almost all of your points on my list, and will try to implement some when they fit my schedule!

Thanks! I know that some things that look simple to me aren't always simple in the code, and I trust you to know what you're doing. Just wanted to bring things to your attention that might be helpful.

Oh, encountered a minor bug: you can raise Sophia's affection to 20 and get the 'protein shake' scene with her in the Sauna... before you buy the Sauna permit.
Oh that one shouldn't happen! I will take a look!

Yes, some simple things are hard and some hard looking things are 2 lines!

Btw: There is now also color for skill upgrades and a before and after text!

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019

Yeah I had the sauna scene early too. Didn't cause any problems, but obviously wrong.

Reactions: despiteful

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Yeah I had the sauna scene early too. Didn't cause any problems, but obviously wrong.
yeah just checked it, for some reason I haven't put in a condition for the Sauna, not messed up, straight up forgotten lol

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
I reckon the skill system and training style is pretty cool and could be applied to different kinds of story. There are many Harry Potter rip games that never hit the mark, but I feel the system here would make for an interesting Wizard/school style game. (Not necessarily a harry potter world one as that's been done to death, but that kind of genre)

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
I reckon the skill system and training style is pretty cool and could be applied to different kinds of story. There are many Harry Potter rip games that never hit the mark, but I feel the system here would make for an interesting Wizard/school style game. (Not necessarily a harry potter world one as that's been done to death, but that kind of genre)
Honestly… That was my next plan!
Already put some thought into it, but with how mich I planned for CQ I wont have time for at least a year haha

Jan 8, 2019
One more bug:

When you get the event Kate: Whirlpool party? Whirlpool party!, if you choose it at the wrong time of day it informs you that it needs to be on the afternoon on a weekend day. If you click it on the afternoon on a weekday, however, it just...vanishes, leaving you having to return to the map.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
One more bug:

When you get the event Kate: Whirlpool party? Whirlpool party!, if you choose it at the wrong time of day it informs you that it needs to be on the afternoon on a weekend day. If you click it on the afternoon on a weekday, however, it just...vanishes, leaving you having to return to the map.
Will take a look thanks :)

edit: Fixed in next update

Last edited:

alex666p

Jun 29, 2017
Hello
I got bug with sauna - I was eble to wisit it with sophie without upgrade. And when i got money for sauna and activated it not appeared. I cant visit it.
1-3 is save before adding sauna and 1-5 after.

Reactions: despiteful

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Hello
I got bug with sauna - I was eble to wisit it with sophie without upgrade. And when i got money for sauna and activated it not appeared. I cant visit it.
1-3 is save before adding sauna and 1-5 after.
The bug that you can finish Sophie before the sauna is fixed in the next build.

For the Sauna to show up after purchase, you only have to work a shift

TAZTHEGREAT69

Oct 27, 2019
I'm having some trouble with some of the events/stat raising. I mean, I can go to the library and research botany for example and get nothing out of it but can increase my library skill only, and as well anything else I research there so it's confusing. Same goes with the lectures, seems a lot doesn't want to increase as quickly as it did in the beginning. The whole new mediation thing seems confusing as hell too, anytime I try to raise any of those stats I'm also told I don't meet the requirements because my satisfaction is at 100 and the cost it's asking is more than what we have.

I'm having trouble finding the next event with Maria, currently stuck at Level 4, been doing the practice sessions with all three girls and I'm almost maxed with Riley and Eden, Maria is maxed out. Currently working on the gentlemen's club and wondering if girls like Candy will ever improve, especially with their dancing/stripping, or does she remain as clumsy as ever?

Also having trouble with finding the next event with a lot of girls, Sophie is one, will there be more advancing with the cheerleaders, Theresa, etc.

Another thing I'm also wondering is the upgrade system. There's so much more I think that could be implemented to make improvements to your businesses and even your office. Revised menus for the cafe and canteen which would utilize your cooking, sales, creative, management skills more. Possibly even some increases to athletics and gaming as well - anyone who's worked in a kitchen knows how much you run your ass off if you're busy and short-handed and still pull it off. Upgrades to the movie theater such as renovating it, I do recall it is an old building that was closed for a number of years so very likely everything is outdated. Anything that will let you really put your management and creativity skills to use the most.

Will there be anymore content with Jenny and her detective office, those skills would get more use out of them and be able to get a lot more of them maxed out.

And do maxed skills all have to hit 100? I have some skills that aren't there yet but still have the 40 bonus skill points you are rewarded for maxing out the skill.

All in all, it's a great game and love it, other than some spelling errors, I'm enjoying the game very much.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes