Lord_everhard

Oct 10, 2020
Yeah I have a downloaded html file that I open with firefox. I also attempted it with chrome
if you want to share a save I could edit it then reupload it here for you or try the varible modded verison edit what needs done then its sorted

RHQuinn

Sep 9, 2019
I'm Sorry but when I enter SugarCube.State.active.variables into f12 I get 0 results
In the console Firefox has suggestions and autocompletion.

So in firefox open the dev window with F12, go to the 'Console' tab, type or paste 'SugarCube.State.variables' (anything in the console is CaSe SeNsItIvE), then just type another period '.' and you'll get all available suggestions (the console input now reads ''SugarCube.State.variables.'). Use up and down arrows or page up and page down keys to peruse this list. Type the first letters of the variable to filter the list (adding 'Level' when you're looking for 'greenLevel' will not work). In this case you're looking for 'SugarCube.State.variables.greenLevel'. Apparently you want it at 10 so write in 'SugarCube.State.variables.greenLevel=10'. Superweird you got it to 20 without console or savegame editing, but there you go.

You can absolutely break your game with this (by which I mean your current playthrough) so always backup your saves, use at your own risk, etc, etc.

Last edited:

DKoW

Mar 23, 2019
In the console Firefox has suggestions and autocompletion.

So in firefox open the dev window with F12, go to the 'Console' tab, type or paste 'SugarCube.State.variables' (anything in the console is CaSe SeNsItIvE), then just type another period '.' and you'll get all available suggestions (the console input now reads ''SugarCube.State.variables.'). Use up and down arrows or page up and page down keys to peruse this list. Type the first letters of the variable to filter the list (adding 'Level' when you're looking for 'greenLevel' will not work). In this case you're looking for 'SugarCube.State.variables.greenLevel'. Apparently you want it at 10 so write in 'SugarCube.State.variables.greenLevel=10'. Superweird you got it to 20 without console or savegame editing, but there you go.

You can absolutely break your game with this (by which I mean your current playthrough) so always backup your saves, use at your own risk, etc, etc.
I'm wondering is there a setting that needs to be set before you can use the console. I've tried everything listed here to make those variables show up, but all I get, in Firefox, Chrome and Edge is a blank screen. I've redownloaded the files a few times, in case something was wrong with the HTML, but no. Nothing seems to work.

Even on other HTML games nothing shows up in the console. So I'm curious if there is something that needs to be done before the console works.

I know nothing about code or what the F12 function actually does or is used for, so thats the level you're dealing with.

j_1993_m

Feb 28, 2021
I'm wondering is there a setting that needs to be set before you can use the console. I've tried everything listed here to make those variables show up, but all I get, in Firefox, Chrome and Edge is a blank screen. I've redownloaded the files a few times, in case something was wrong with the HTML, but no. Nothing seems to work.

Even on other HTML games nothing shows up in the console. So I'm curious if there is something that needs to be done before the console works.

I know nothing about code or what the F12 function actually does or is used for, so thats the level you're dealing with.
Pressing F12, opening the console tab and clicking the empty space to type should be the only steps required. As others have said, it's case sensitive, but should auto complete if you're typing the right stuff in. I'd suggest looking into your browser settings to see if there's anything related to dev tools disabled.

DKoW

Mar 23, 2019
EDIT:

Ok, I now know what I was doing wrong. You're supposed to type in the large blank window where the two blue arrows are. That is not at all obvious to anyone who knows nothing about this stuff. I was typing in the filter search field as that makes sense. Use the search bar to search for things.

Last edited:

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
lol when i prest f12 i dont get a blank scren but i get an error i think your supposed to type somtin in before you can activate stuff

Jan 16, 2022
This game's replayability is superb.

The story is engrossing.

Now I'm trying a coven-run from the beginning, where my MC infiltrates the coven ASAP.

DISCUSSION: What other routes do you enjoy? What are some paths somewhat unknown, but that shed lights on pieces of the story that are hidden?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lord_everhard

Oct 10, 2020
This game's replayability is superb.

The story is engrossing.

Now I'm trying a coven-run from the beginning, where my MC infiltrates the coven ASAP.

DISCUSSION: What other routes do you enjoy? What are some paths somewhat unknown, but that shed lights on pieces of the story that are hidden?

Ok lets see spoilers or rather less known lore stuff...

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
ok so i know how to press f12 ok i thought i had a check point saved but i didnt so

how do i use f12 to load

Afternoon063BaseHub1

4.60 star(s) 129 Votes