Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
The thing that makes me laugh about this game is that I am dating both Aubrey and Nora in my playthrough and FWB with Chloe and Lindsay. None of the gfs or FWBs seem to bump into you with your other girls at Chick's house even though your over there all the time. I know it's intentionally set up that way, but it would be interesting to see how the relationships could develop if some girls knew you were seeing others etc.
Dude, shhhhh, that's what I love about this game....
I want my Chloe/Nora/Lyndsey/Aubrey/Penelope/Lorraine sandwich and eat it.

richiman

May 3, 2022
Is this a version officially released by Undergrad Steve? As on the front page only 1.1.2 exists? And 1.1.4 has already come out? Sorry if I've missed something

1.1.4 is College Kings 2.
1.1.2 is College Kings 1.

Read the post again with understanding then you know how these uploads differ.

HWK1590

Feb 9, 2022
I swear this thread is just mass hysteria on bugs non stop. Shame cuz I like this game.
Same. I like this game enough that I am a Patreon for it. I enjoy the characters and the writing, while not always super, looks a lot better after playing a number of VNs obviously not written by native English speakers. College Kings is based out of the UK so it's writers are presumably all native English speakers.

Reactions: JEPelerin

DryAce

Aug 17, 2017
Ok, I just found out about this game and I am a bit confused right now.

Do I need to download & play the Season 1 before playing the Act I or does the Act I contains the whole gameplay?

How do I start?

kezguyfour

Apr 27, 2021

Do I need to download & play the Season 1 before playing the Act I or does the Act I contains the whole gameplay?

How do I start?
Someone will explain it better than me most likely, but go to the front page and find the most up to date version of CK1. I think someone a few posts above (richieman I think his name is) identified the correct version of CK1 and CK2 as below.

1.1.4 is College Kings 2.
1.1.2 is College Kings 1.

Read the post again with understanding then you know how these uploads differ.

So if you head to the front page you should be able to find the correct up to date versions of CK1 and CK2.

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Every playthru I did in this game was Wolves cuz I couldn't stand Cameron and Grayson.
This time I'm doing an Apes run and so far quite surprised at how I actually felt sorry for Cameron when you find out his problems. A little bit.
Grayson is still a total dick.

Also went for Amber right off the bat and really love the affectionate and kinky moments you miss out on with her if not popular and FWB. Samantha is pretty hot too...sorry Cameron lol..

I hope I can still get Nora as being an Ape my MC won't give a fuck about Chris. seems Ape route locks out Nora...fuck.

Seems another of my usual hotties got locked out too - Miss Rose. Imma stick with my Wolves saves, this sucks lol.

Last edited:

richiman

May 3, 2022

How do I start?

College Kings [Act I - v1.1.2s] then College Kings 2 [Ep.1 v1.1.4].

Play CK1 [Act I - v1.1.2s], do a manual save of the game at the very end of CK1 (during the flight on the plane that goes to Europe).

Then play CK2 [Ep.1 v1.1.4] and use the option to import the save from CK1 (can be found in the "Load" tab) previously made a manual save of the game from CK1 to continue the story.

Season 1 [15.1.0] - The outdated full version of College Kings - Seasons have been converted into Acts.
Act I [1.1.2s] - The latest and current full version of College Kings - A completed game with three Acts.

Act IV has been removed from College Kings and updated in major update as Episode 1 for College Kings 2.

College Kings - Act I, Act II and Act III
College Kings 2 - Episode I

Now work is underway on Episode 2 for College Kings 2.

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
Every playthru I did in this game was Wolves cuz I couldn't stand Cameron and Grayson.
This time I'm doing an Apes run and so far quite surprised at how I actually felt sorry for Cameron when you find out his problems. A little bit.
Grayson is still a total dick.

Also went for Amber right off the bat and really love the affectionate and kinky moments you miss out on with her if not popular and FWB. Samantha is pretty hot too...sorry Cameron lol..

I hope I can still get Nora as being an Ape my MC won't give a fuck about Chris. seems Ape route locks out Nora...fuck.

Seems another of my usual hotties got locked out too - Miss Rose. Imma stick with my Wolves saves, this sucks lol.
Apes route does not lock out Nora.

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Oh nice one. I had abandoned the Apes route thinking Nora was a no go. Now I can continue going after Sam.
I can live without Ms Rose this playthru, especially considering her highly sketchy stunt in Paris.

Last edited:

Roniered

Nov 11, 2020
Despite all the possible outcomes from fraternities, I think I will stick to Wolves f0r now. Because remember, our MC wants to be the fight king, which means he has to fight Grayson, and being in the wolves when that happens will give more reputation to the Wolves. But I will also try to become an ape sometime.

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
College Kings 2 seems a big step up from the earlier updates. I don't know if they changed writers again but I found it a lot more enjoyable.
Content wise, it felt like a huge chunk to experience and I loved the relationship evolvement for some of the girls - which was really needed.
It's hilarious when you are literally involved with everyone as either FWB or dating. Doing the massages for Chloe & the Chicks was a bit nerve wracking as my MC is dating Nora & Aubs, but banging Chloe & Linds and he's in the same room as them all with some saucy banter flying around....I felt a bead of sweat at that point. Defo feels more fun now but with some advancement with hotties like Nora & Penelope and my fave bad girl Amber who is becoming a serious LI potential. Here's hoping the upcoming Pool Party update delivers too.

Last edited:

novopip

Aug 23, 2021
it's not the save. The kiwii was broken from the beginning, but this time I couldn't ignore it and proceed. On Steam someone wrote that it will be fixed with next update, so they must know the bug.
The problem is both in your save game and in the game. Unless the developers correctly fix the bug that causes some file paths to be saved as absolute instead of relative, when the next version is released, we'll see some error reports from users who have changed the installation path.

unfortunately it doesn't work
I loaded your save game and confirmed that the problem indeed was using square brackets in the game folder name. Unfortunately changing the name won't be enough to fix your save game; when College Kings 1.1.2s determines the file paths to Kiwii profile pictures, it incorrectly uses absolute paths instead of relative paths. I can see from your save game that your profile picture paths look something like D:/Downloads/Play/College Kings [Act 1 - v1.1.2s] - windows and linux/game/images/nonplayable_characters/profile_pictures/mc.webp. So you have to do some tricks to fix the problem. There are a couple of options.

1. The simplest solution is manipulating "game/after_load.rpy" script to set you profile picture manually. An unmodified line 89 should contain the following code
Python:
try: mc.profile_picture
Change it to
Python:
try: mc.profile_picture = 'images/nonplayable_characters/profile_pictures/mc.webp'
Note that you shouldn't change the indentation level. Now when you start the game and load the game, there should be no immediate error messages and you can continue playing. However, if you try to change your profile picture in Kiwii app, you'll encounter the familiar error message because all profile picture paths in save game have not been fixed, so avoid that.

2. Use some Renpy save game editor to fix paths. I had never used a save game editor before, but I used gameresourcesviewer.ru – an online save game editor – and managed to fix your save game file in a minute. Just load the save game into the editor and filter results using search function (in your case it makes sense to search "Downloads"). Then change absolute paths to relative paths, i.e. D:/Downloads/Play/College Kings [Act 1 - v1.1.2s] - windows and linux/game/images/nonplayable_characters/profile_pictures/mc.webp becomes images/nonplayable_characters/profile_pictures/mc.webp and so on. When you're done, click "File -> Save as..." and you can download a functional save game.

3. While I didn't dig too deep into this, the save game file richiman provided should let you continue playing. You will see an error about missing files for profile pictures because your game is not installed under C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/College Kings/, but you can ignore those errors. The only drawback is that Kiwii won't show your profile pictures.

4. Use console commands to fix paths. I won't go into details because you'd have to write several commands exactly and I can't give you a 100% guarantee that this wouldn't cause future problems even if everything seems to work for now.

Hope this helps.

DryAce

Aug 17, 2017
College Kings [Act I - v1.1.2s] then College Kings 2 [Ep.1 v1.1.4].

Play CK1 [Act I - v1.1.2s], do a manual save of the game at the very end of CK1 (during the flight on the plane that goes to Europe).

Then play CK2 [Ep.1 v1.1.4] and use the option to import the save from CK1 (can be found in the "Load" tab) previously made a manual save of the game from CK1 to continue the story.

Season 1 [15.1.0] - The outdated full version of College Kings - Seasons have been converted into Acts.
Act I [1.1.2s] - The latest and current full version of College Kings - A completed game with three Acts.

Act IV has been removed from College Kings and updated in major update as Episode 1 for College Kings 2.

College Kings - Act I, Act II and Act III
College Kings 2 - Episode I

Now work is underway on Episode 2 for College Kings 2.
ok thanks for the info

richiman

May 3, 2022
Can't get the Amber sexting on Day 12, wonder why.
Beware of spoilers.

The following characters react best to each KCT. Consider this if you want to improve your relationships with them. For the characters not listed, it doesn’t fundamentally make a difference to the story what KCT you have.

• Confident – Emmy, Grayson, Jenny, Josh, Lauren’s roommate, Penelope, Riley
  • Loyal – Autumn, Imre, Lauren, Nora
  • PopularAmber, Aubrey, Candy, Chloe, Lindsey

Day 5:

Key Moments for Amber:
Meet Amber and Kim at Josh’s party.
Meet two new girls at a party (Amber and Kim), but don't get so drunk you'll regret it later.

• The theme for today will be centered around reconciliation, as you can move to patch things up with other characters if you've done them wrong. It's also the day you'll (possibly) learn more about Chloe and where you can take the first meaningful steps towards a relationship with her. You'll be able to ask Penelope out on a date and meet two new girls at a party (Amber and Kim), but don't get so drunk you'll regret it later.

• Overall, there will be a lot more to lose than to gain during the course of this day, so tread carefully.

• Your friend Josh will come texting next, and he's got a party planned for tonight. He'll be very insistent, and will use a picture of Amber (a girl who will be there) if you resist at first. There's no harm in simply going, and you'll get to meet Amber and Kim. But stay for too long and it will not end up well with Chloe. Or simply decline the invitation and go straight to the Chicks' place.

Day 6:

Park:

Amber or Chloe path: If you Keep talking to Amber she'll end up sending you a picture of herself, but if you decide to Meet Chloe there's a swimming pool session coming up next.

More:
Official Walkthrough

Go to Walkthrough (Act I and II) -> Press Ctrl + F -> Enter Amber and check the important moments.

richiman

May 3, 2022
For Season 1/Act I, is there any difference in the content between the patreon and steam version?
Seasons no longer exist - this version is obsolete.
Acts are compatible with College Kings 2 - Episode I and allow you to continue playing.
CK1 Act I contains three acts and allows you to continue playing CK2.
It's just that Steam version gets updates faster.

3.20 star(s) 190 Votes