Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
Let's see it is true,the joining fraternities plot promised far more than it delivered back on the day,both in the Apes or Wolves routes there is much potential to be exploited from the backstory drama to the relationships our MC can carve with each of them(more antagonising or friend versions of the characters depending on the actions of the player).

Looking to the route I am doing right now on my first playthrough,the Apes route,Cameron is gaining weight on the narrative and his family drama with his sister can be expanded and grow to feel more realistic either by introducing the sister's friends,some gangs that could be tied to the past of them both or really show us if the feeling that they give the players of coming from the lowest social class is reflected upon the narrative more.

Beyond that there is Grayson and Ray(MC's friend whose name I cannot remember?),which are their own piece of work,but that's it we need more of the fraternity experience,more male buddies with their own backstories and dramas that feel compelling and real not reducing the fraternity to three dudes even if they are important on the present of the structure.

What types of girls do the Apes hang out with?Yes Grayson had a past with Chloe and Aubrey/Riley are girls that could hang around(depending on the players choice) with the fraternity you are in but beyond that there is not a profile of girl that is shown around them,not like arguably Nora who is the Wolves president girlfriend,for all the promises of crazier moral values and slutty girls there are no exclusive to the route.

Decisions like make the MC interested in politics on the conversations with Autumn,will that variable lead to something?Even if you decide not take part on her women rights protests?It is a concept that if given weight can come back at some point and determine the future of the MC's story.

Backstories like the founders of the fraternities should be given plot relevance letting the MC know more about them or even meet them and be involved on their messes if that's the case.

Here I understand that the development of a game takes time and that they are doing this for their own amusement but if you take a step forward and introduce a decision that implies story branching,you have to commit to it and show us all your fanbase that it served a purpose,that we do not end with a slightly similar plot with the different figureheads living generic events.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Everybody love story branches but let's be real here, even the most successful games haven't that many branches.
You usually have 2 or 3 mayor branches and some small options here and there, and that's talking about the big games.
Most games are just fuck everyone and that's it, because a route for every girl and choice requires tons of work just to add a bit of content to every route.

Last edited:

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
Everybody love story branches but let's be real here, even the most successful games haven't that many branches.
You usually have 2 or 3 mayor branches and some small options here and there, and that's talking about the big games.
Most games are just fuck everyone and that's it.
I know that disappointment is the usual conclusion we get when a VN starts its branching paths yet here it could be very well done giving that for the moment there are only two big paths if you exclude the individual routes of the girls.

Only asking for a little difference/some uniqueness and truly an overall series of consequences that justify why the branching was necessary on the first place.

My expectations are quite grounded about the future of the game but you know sharing ideas or even guidelines should help the creators if they read the chat a little.

Reactions: Ragnar

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
RE: 4.0 basic (Windows).
Some are talking about crashes.
I right-click the app and -run as admin. Zero crashes. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Understood this may not be practical for some to do this. I'm OK with it on the box that is used.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021

Hey everyone!

We've gotten a lot of feedback for 0.9 and while the release was relatively smooth and the renders were great, the story was just... lacking. It felt like a filler update and there's multiple reasons why.

The biggest reason is that I personally had very little to do with creating the story of 0.9. Managing a team of so many people is so much work and I honestly thought that if I give up the crazy amount of hours that creating the plot can take and have a team of people work on it without me, I would be able to help the game more elsewhere. I was wrong.

We had multiple different teams work on the 0.9 plot, the overview of what was actually going on was lost and the things that make College Kings what it is were forgotten in the process.
The team who worked on plot are really talented people, but how are they supposed to know the ins and outs of the game that I've been building for the last 8 months, mostly by myself?

I'm sorry I made this mistake. I'm sorry I caused you guys to experience a story that was underwhelming and didn't have the CK spirit. And I will do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn't happen.

For 0.10 (Act 2) I was fully involved in the plot development. It may have taken some all nighters, but we now have a plot outline (a flowchart with all the different storybeats) that we're really fucking proud of. There's going to be lots of sex in exciting places. There's going to be lots of impactful decisions. There's going to be fucking MUD WRESTLING from hot girls. I mean come on guys, we're bring back the College Kings that you know and love, with all the improved art, without any major bugs and with fantastic music, made only for CK.

And hey, we're working on a launcher for quicker and simpler downloads, a voiced over sex scene demo so we're ready once we hit the goal and so much more stuff.

We make mistakes, well in this, I make mistakes. But we're coming back and we're coming back better than ever. I personally read every single feedback form entry. I will make sure that your problems get addressed. This includes the short length of some of the updates, we're trying to figure out how to increase gameplay time without losing quality or update frequency, granted that's a bigger challenge, but we'll get it done.

I thank all of you for bearing with us, for bearing with me, in particular. Even when we make mistakes. Your support is what makes the game possible.

We will do everything we can to get the next update to you in May and I will personally do everything in my power to make sure it's an absolute beast of an update.

Thank you.

Steve
He shouldn't be too hard on himself. The whole thing is a ton of work. He made a production decision based on what he thought was best at the time. OK. It is what it is. Press on.
I like what he has done even if it is not some level of perfection (whatever that definition is).

Reactions: cib64

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Here's a temporary fix for the Lindsey contacts issue. It doesn't solve it properly (for some reason Lindsey just won't pop up on the contacts like other characters), but this just opens the phone into the Lindsay message so the scene can play out. You won't be able to go back into her messages later though, so a proper fix is still required. Note she doesn't even have a proper profile pic, so she looks like Chloe for now...

Just download the file, remove any random prefix (should just be called "scene16.rpy) and copy into the "\game\v0.9\" folder, replacing the existing file. You can back up the original file if you want.

I take zero responsibility for this shit, none whatsoever, but if your computer suddenly catches file and your house burns to the ground, it's probably just a coincidence.

EDIT: Added scene 38 as well, same issue, same fix.
I made a profile pic for Lindsey from one that was really small so it isn't great but I can tell who it is when I look at it so could be useful until it is fixed by dev.

Thought maybe you might want to add with your scripts of course that is up to you if that is even possible. Well any ways here it is. View attachment LindseyProfilePic.7z

Reactions: Tunak23

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
Everytime I right click, I get this exception:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyone got this? Start a new game, redownloading everything from scratch. Same thing happening when right click to open save/load menu!

maver!ck

Dec 10, 2020
how can i trigger riley's 3rd sex scene? the one that seems to happen after the incident in the corridor where the MC punches the guy or not

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes