AddictedTT

Feb 22, 2018
Can someone upload the uncompressed PC version to nopy please? Reached my transfer quota on Mega and I have fast broadband so would want to play the game in the best quality :( Thank you

Reactions: WastedTalent

MataHariX

Nov 12, 2018
Dear Undergrad Steve,

Sorry, but I'm back.
In the meantime, I found in this thread in MSSG #2,907 a new patch. '1228398_files.rar' and applied it.

It might be hard to believe but I've got a new traceback text:

To me, the message is totally opaque but I'm sure it might be of help to you.
Be assured, I still like your game very much :love:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing /Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/script.rpy.
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'data' referenced before assignment

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 780, in load_appropriate_file
if data is None:

Darwin-20.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
College Kings 10.0.2
Sat May 22 18:14:52 2021

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
College Kings [v9.1.1] [Compressed]
Original Size Win/Linux: 8.37 GB
Compressed Size Win/Linux: 1.13 GB: -
Godnes... How it possibale? 8GB to 1GB?
Dev uses 4k ****x**** resolition or what?
Or Dev just like when big size game when it better? Yeaa?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I quickly wrote a down-and-dirty V10 walkthrough mod for my own use till multi-mod is updated. There's more than a few odd decisions that award points differently than one might expect, for example:

Note on maximizing Penelope points at cafe (scene22) - The script is rewarding points the opposite of what you might think. If you go to cafe w/out her you can get a total of: 2 Jen points, 1 Pen point. If you invite her you get only 1 pen point. So you get a Penelope point either way, but get bonus Jen points by not inviting Pen. One might think you'd be penalized Pen points by picking the other option.

Last edited:

lucas182

Nov 13, 2020
dev posted a hotfix patch on patreon. hopefully that one fixes a lotta these bugs. Only bug I have now, after using the full v10 download and applying 10.0.2 patch is the messed up messages app in the phone. But it's super annoying so I'm not playing till thats fixed. Hopefully we'll have access to the patch soon

randos belgados

Jan 11, 2019
ty for yall comments, im always hesitate to dl uncompressed version (any game) since usually havent tested and reviewed. esp game with huge size just to contain 4k images.
ill visit again next week for the compressed version.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
dev posted a hotfix patch on patreon. hopefully that one fixes a lotta these bugs. Only bug I have now, after using the full v10 download and applying 10.0.2 patch is the messed up messages app in the phone. But it's super annoying so I'm not playing till thats fixed. Hopefully we'll have access to the patch soon
Then you might never play. The phone msg scripts have been borked for many updates....I'm a modder and can tell you it's not easily fixed without a complete phone script rewrite. You can see for yourself if you want /game/phone. Dig in and have brain melted with variable f-ups.

Reactions: Ragnar
Feb 29, 2020
Don't you love it when a new update comes out. And you send 6+ hours downloading it because apparently you dont deserve to have this mysterious magical internet that everyone else on here seems to have.
You know the one that lets them download every game on here at once within 3 minutes.
Anyway.. So you finally get it downloaded and you load your save where you left off watching Cameron and that other guy whos name I forget run off to a room together.
Ending on the scene bellow. Only to have it end there in the new update that you just downloaded as well.
Screenshot (75).png
So what did I miss? What was all the crazy stuff that happened in this update?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Dear Undergrad Steve,

Sorry, but I'm back.
In the meantime, I found in this thread in MSSG #2,907 a new patch. '1228398_files.rar' and applied it.

It might be hard to believe but I've got a new traceback text:

To me, the message is totally opaque but I'm sure it might be of help to you.
Be assured, I still like your game very much :love:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing /Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/script.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 780, in load_appropriate_file
if data is None:

Darwin-20.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
College Kings 10.0.2
Sat May 22 18:14:52 2021
this is no official patch ....
i made this for ONE guy who messed up with a old mod ....

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes