Guiltyveek

Apr 23, 2021
It is funny reading on some threads the lack of updates specific games have vs. people complaining about updates being too frequent. Seems it's hard to balance.

But I do agree with the others that the story since Act 2 started has been really bad. None of the moments with whatever LI you choose feels interesting, since there's been no character development and no building of relationships really. The girls you do get scenes with feels more like a one night stand and friends than a relationship.

Like ninetofive said, to me this game looked like you could choose between Chloe/Aubrey/Lauren/Riley/Emily/Penelope/Amber, now there's more. And some have very little screen time, so why are they even in the game then suggesting a potential LI possibility? Then add in that Aubrey doesn't seem interested in a relationship with MC, so why is she a MG again if she's really just there as a fuck buddy? Also why would we choose Amber when she looks at every guy and drops her panties when drunk or high? Honestly, it's not like we're at the beginning of the story, but I can't think of 1 path/girl where it feels like an actual relationship.

Then add in that there's no consequence, so you might as well be bedding every girl when you can.

And also...if Aubrey and Chloe are best friends, how come they've been together maybe 3 times this whole game? The whole story is really lackluster, unless this is a game where the MC is the King of Frats cause he gets to screw each and every girl he wants.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
It is funny reading on some threads the lack of updates specific games have vs. people complaining about updates being too frequent. Seems it's hard to balance.

But I do agree with the others that the story since Act 2 started has been really bad. None of the moments with whatever LI you choose feels interesting, since there's been no character development and no building of relationships really. The girls you do get scenes with feels more like a one night stand and friends than a relationship.

Like ninetofive said, to me this game looked like you could choose between Chloe/Aubrey/Lauren/Riley/Emily/Penelope/Amber, now there's more. And some have very little screen time, so why are they even in the game then suggesting a potential LI possibility? Then add in that Aubrey doesn't seem interested in a relationship with MC, so why is she a MG again if she's really just there as a fuck buddy? Also why would we choose Amber when she looks at every guy and drops her panties when drunk or high? Honestly, it's not like we're at the beginning of the story, but I can't think of 1 path/girl where it feels like an actual relationship.

Then add in that there's no consequence, so you might as well be bedding every girl when you can.

And also...if Aubrey and Chloe are best friends, how come they've been together maybe 3 times this whole game? The whole story is really lackluster, unless this is a game where the MC is the King of Frats cause he gets to screw each and every girl he wants.
Balance is hard to achieve in all things but it's clear with this game that if updates are being pushed repeatedly with game-breaking bugs that the update cycle is too fast for the devs to cope with.

Story yeah, it's gone to hell. Understandably difficult when you have a change in writer but I assume the dev has the overall storyline planned out. Needs better writing to get it there and actually maintain some level of intrigue IMHO. The characters really do have so much potential it's unreal, I could think of so many ways to make great scenarios with these characters, but at this point they've been diluted so much that none of them are particularly interesting at all. As you say, none of the paths feel like a relationship. Most of the sex scenes have little to no buildup it's just *phone buzzes* hey wanna fuck? Sure omw. Fucking ensues. And most of the buildup that does exist hasn't actually led to anything. It's like the worst of both worlds where the actual sex scenes are unsatisfying and the buildup is pure blue balls.

Also at this stage the game really feels like groundhog day. I swear the last hour or so of playing this was just:

1 - Lying in bed, get a text
2 - Go meet someone
3 - Back to the house, talk to Wolves
1 - Lying in bed, get a text... and so on

It definitely feels at this point that we are going in the direction of a free-for-all fuck fest which I know this game was not intended to be. I don't know if devs got complacent because the support was more than expected and now they are happy to just collect money and put out a shoddy product, or if they bit off more than they could chew and are struggling to maintain quality while pushing content out quickly to try and please their supporters. From the way UndergradSteve posted in this thread in the early days I'd lean towards the latter, he definitely seemed to care a lot back then about how to make the game better. If that is the case I really would recommend slowing things down and getting it back on the right track before it's too late. Just look at a game like WVM for an example, the dev had to take a long time off due to personal reasons and it still receives huge levels of support because he maintained the integrity of the game. Then look at games like DMD or My New Family and how they just push content out rain or shine long past their expiration date and have just turned into blatant cash cows with nothing new or interesting ever happening. It would be a shame if College Kings went down that route because I know that was not the devs intention and the game has a boatload of potential.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
I can't play v10

Tried playing from the end of v9. Unexpected error

Played from previous save points. It ends in the exact same spot as v9

Started a new game. It ends in the exact same spot as v9 again

AND! I can't skip through the game despite having several saves already, so I played it all again

WTF? I like this game, but this is exhausting

Reactions: Tunak23

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I have a little different perspective that most of you guys that have been here a long time, since I just played College Kings for the first time a few days ago, but it seems like a pretty good game to me.

For those of you saying that the story is falling apart, what specifically is the issue you have with the current version? I am genuinely curious. Is it not ending up how you expected? Not a lot has really happened, so I still consider it at most 25% completed.

As for bugs, I haven't really encountered any other than the phone notification dot, and that is pretty minor.

I don't care for the fight minigames, but it is done better here than most games, where at least you can simulate win.

There seems to be decent progression with the girls so far, and while their personality is not very deep it's not that different than many other successful games here. Everyone loves to compare this game to a certain top college themed game, few of the characters are very deep with that one either. You either get 2 or 3 LIs with a lot of backstory and personality, or 8+ LIs with more superficial characteristics. I don't see how you can have both.

Reactions: Wonder Wolf

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I want this game to succeed big time.

Yeah there are a lot of tech issues on-going with it. Yes there are some plot issues you could drive a truck through. However, I think the framework is there to make this a really great game if the plot lines are made tight.

Just did yet another playthrough of 10.2 (Win10). Really enjoyed the back stories of the characters that are showing through. The history of Aubrey, Lindsey and Lauren are bit by bit becoming more known.

There are flashes of writing brilliance with some of the conversations.

For now, in the parts that bore me or are dull and of low value, I use the skip button a lot.

Just like when you write an essay or article or something, your first draft needs a lot of work, and, when you go back and spend time re-writing, it becomes better and sometimes, really really good.

I see this game story line as a first draft. Investment in rewriting, and cleaning up each story path...from the very beginning, would create success for the writing team and a lot more enjoyment for the viewer.

Again, I want to see this game have huge success.

Reactions: Tunak23

Guiltyveek

Apr 23, 2021
There seems to be decent progression with the girls so far, and while their personality is not very deep it's not that different than many other successful games here. Everyone loves to compare this game to a certain top college themed game, few of the characters are very deep with that one either. You either get 2 or 3 LIs with a lot of backstory and personality, or 8+ LIs with more superficial characteristics. I don't see how you can have both.
Well you basically pointed out the problem: the game doesn't succeed at either building a relationship with a LI in college, NOR does the game succeed at being a fuck fest with 8+ LI in college.

There's little character development and there's no relationships.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

IF the game is about having fun in a fuck fest after Emily cheated on us, then I'd rather see more parties, more harems, hello Aubrey and Chloe threesome or Aubrey and Riley? Now we're even getting a dating app, like why?? Do we really need more FWBs?

Like ninetofive said, all scenes start with getting a text to fucking, and it's gotten really boring. Every time we get a text from Aubrey, we already know how it's going to progress.

And while I know Steve does not like to compare this game to Being a DIK, is BAD not succeeding at being a game incorporating bits of having a relationship with a LI and also having a path of fucking around with quite a few girls? College Kings tries to do both, but currently sucks at both.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Well you basically pointed out the problem: the game doesn't succeed at either building a relationship with a LI in college, NOR does the game succeed at being a fuck fest with 8+ LI in college.

There's little character development and there's no relationships.

IF the game is about having fun in a fuck fest after Emily cheated on us, then I'd rather see more parties, more harems, hello Aubrey and Chloe threesome or Aubrey and Riley? Now we're even getting a dating app, like why?? Do we really need more FWBs?

Like ninetofive said, all scenes start with getting a text to fucking, and it's gotten really boring. Every time we get a text from Aubrey, we already know how it's going to progress.

And while I know Steve does not like to compare this game to Being a DIK, is BAD not succeeding at being a game incorporating bits of having a relationship with a LI and also having a path of fucking around with quite a few girls? College Kings tries to do both, but currently sucks at both.
I am pretty sure by the dialogue in the game that an Aubrey/Riley 3some is coming. Both girls were giving off major signals about liking the idea of an 3some at the trying on glasses scene.

Also at the charity event you can dance with Aubrey. The problem with the charity event is that you have to talk to the girls in a certain order to get certain events. So when you go do not talk to Riley until you talk to Aubrey first or you won't get the dance with Aubrey event.

Also if you talk to Nora before talking to Chloe you can tell Chloe that Nora is bitching about her which causes Chloe to go confront Nora but if you tell Chloe about Nora's bitching you can't invite Chloe to Europe. Don't know if that means Chloe wont go to Europe of if she will just get mad that you didn't invite her but I'd rather invite Chloe and keep her on my good side.

I can't play v10 I tried playing from the end of v9. Unexpected error
If you used the 10.1 update patch on on version 9.1.1 it won't work. The 10.1 update patch was made to be used on version 10.0.0 of the game.

Both the file and folder structure are different in version 10.0.0 compared to version 9.1.1

Last edited:

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
I am pretty sure by the dialogue in the game that an Aubrey/Riley 3some is coming. Both girls were giving off major signals about liking the idea of an 3some at the trying on glasses scene.

Also at the charity event you can dance with Aubrey. The problem with the charity event is that you have to talk to the girls in a certain order to get certain events. So when you go do not talk to Riley until you talk to Aubrey first or you won't get the dance with Aubrey event.

Also if you talk to Nora before talking to Chloe you can tell Chloe that Nora is bitching about her which causes Chloe to go confront Nora but if you tell Chloe about Nora's bitching you can't invite Chloe to Europe. Don't know if that means Chloe wont go to Europe of if she will just get mad that you didn't invite her but I'd rather invite Chloe and keep her on my good side.
The thing with Chloe is one moment you think she is nice and this are all just stupid rumors about her character and how she behaves, but in the next moment she is not very nice to others for example Nora. Nora is not nice to her either and it is difficult to believe both of them what they say, so I usually take the path in the middle between the two.

Reactions: Tunak23 and znar25

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
For those of you saying that the story is falling apart, what specifically is the issue you have with the current version? I am genuinely curious. Is it not ending up how you expected? Not a lot has really happened, so I still consider it at most 25% completed.
For me, the problem is that there is little or not much of interest.

The few stories that we can have are badly exploited.
The MC spends time with all the girls or with his friends, which means that we don't have time to learn more about the characters, and therefore to become attached to them.

For example the story of Grayson's sister (I'm not sure of the name). It is the only one that is a little developed.

The other narrative arcs, it goes too fast, or on the contrary there is nothing.

Sometimes I also find that very poorly written. For example the update 9.0, it was a disaster. The MC is freaking out about the tournament, and rightly so, and instead of practicing, or asking his frat guys to teach him how to fight, he spends his week doing something else entirely.

As for bugs, I haven't really encountered any other than the phone notification dot, and that is pretty minor.
V10 fixed a number of bugs. It was really the catastrophe before. It is true that there has been an effort on this subject.

I don't care for the fight minigames, but it is done better here than most games, where at least you can simulate win.
It's a part of the game that's pretty well done. I like the fights. Unfortunately, they missed the combat animations in V10, which made the combat very strange.

I don't see any progress with LI. For now, I'm not able to say if it's LI or just sex.

There is only Riley you can kiss in public. And I don't even know if that means the two are together.

I don't think players want 8 well-developed LIs. 2 or 3 are enough, but we don't have them. Chloe was off to a good start, until the hoco party and the scene afterwards, but nothing more. When you meet her, you don't know if you're with her or not.

I feel like a lot of the dialogue with the girls is the same regardless of your relationship with the girl.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
The thing with Chloe is one moment you think she is nice and this are all just stupid rumors about her character and how she behaves, but in the next moment she is not very nice to others for example Nora. Nora is not nice to her either and it is difficult to believe both of them what they say, so I usually take the path in the middle between the two.

To me it is really understandable why Chloe isn't nice to Nora. I actually see Nora as being manipulative and a back stabber. Chloe was voted to be president of their frat and it is Nora who constantly bad mouths her and is trying to manipulate the other girls into removing Chloe from being president. I think Nora's ulterior motive is that she wants to become president and I haven't even seen anything showing that Chloe is being a bad president so it is just an power grab on Nora's part.

Last edited:

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
Is there a working android version 10.1 out there? Seems the phone is having some glitches.....

PapaChamp

Jun 11, 2020
College Kings [v10.0.2] [Undergrad Steve] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.
Developer:

Compressed Win Size: 1.42 GB MEGA
Compressed Mac Size: 1.41 GB MEGA
Compressed Linux Size: 1.42 GB MEGA

Thank lucas182 for the

Compressed using YAC - Yet Another Cruncher (A Game Compactor) [V3.1b]
Quality Level: Medium
This compression is unofficial which reduces image/audio/video quality and might break the game.

If you enjoy this compressed version, please click the "(y)like" to give me support.
Hey man! Do you have a uncompressed version for mac?

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I see what many of you are saying, but it depends on where you think the game is in overall development. If you think it is still in the early stages, it is OK that we don't have a lot of depth yet. Sure, we can each go down the list with each character and list things we would prefer to happen, but the dev has his own vision, I am sure, and we would never all agree anyway. And I agree that the fight scenes were very underwhelming, with little in the way of fans or consequences, but I don't like that part of the game anyway, so the less we see the better.

It was the same with homecoming. It was pretty underwhelming. But, I enjoyed the lake scene with Aubrey and Riley. The dialog and scene building was really well done here. I hope we have a lot more of that with other characters.

Chloe is fairly boring to me. I get that she is setup as the main LI for some, but so far her character is pretty generic. She is basically the Maya character here. She is the typical hot blonde, but comes with lots and lots of baggage. She really wants to keep the MC in the friend-zone, so I am not really interested in jumping through all her hoops just to build a relationship with her. I am a lot more interested in Penelope, Riley, and even Aubrey. Sure she acts like the college easy-girl, but you are starting to see glimpses of her personality, and if she is developed well, there is a lot more to her character than is immediately apparent.

My main criticism, is that almost all the girls are way to quick to jump in bed with the MC, but these games are all about wish fulfillment, more than accuracy, and I understand that I am in the minority in wanting a super-slow burn, with steadily advancing intimacy, rather than immediate gratification. For me the progress with Penelope or Lauren are more my style. Although the model for Lauren is quite unattractive in most scenes, in my opinion.

Nora is probably the most attractive for me, personally, but I am not sure about her character yet. She could be on to something with Chloe, or it could be mostly petty jealousy. She hasn't really offered any good examples other than Chloe being too precious, for her attitude. That kind of jealousy, where it seems to affect your enjoyment in life, is not a good look. But we will see, maybe she has good reasons.

I will just add that I would really like there to be more consequences for Emily cheating on the MC in their relationship. I am not saying the MC has to be overly cruel, or mistreat her for the whole game, but to just say "oh well" and spend time together right away like nothing has happened, seems a little unlikely, and not how I would want to play it.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 191 Votes