Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
But one of the downfalls of having a minimalist cast or with a few or maybe only one "love interest" is your game will be exclusively dependant on emoboys-pixelboyfriends... and -- maybe I am unfortunately wrong but -- I think they're the minority; a vocal one, but are a minority -- at least I hope so. Anyway, it could even be the case that if there were a game "Dating Nora" exclusively and only with her it wouldn't pick their interest. What they like is just having this possibility of frustration: that there could be some scenes with Nora but it doesn't. And then, more weeks of waiting for another possibility of frustration (sometimes months, as in the case of BaDIK's maîtresses of blue balls Jill & Bella). Of course, there must also have the possibility of "choice" (as in "I'm dumping Riley, Aubrey, and Amber! I'm choosing Nora over them!") -- and this is another reason for a large cast --, but, in the end, frustration is what matters... Even if the game starts large but turns easily into "Dating Nora", in a few updates more, emoboys would lose their interest. Or do you think BaDIK would have attained its degree of success if it have delivered Jill or Bella on a plate in a few episodes? No way! The balls can't even be blue; they must be purple! It's some kind of masochism, and I bet my ass that a game "Dating Nora" wouldn't sell...
Well thats's why i think a good middle path is key maybe 4-5 main LI and a few side girls. So u can have diversity, create some characters which actually have a personality and with this size u can work, of course there will always a update where one get more content.
One exampple of too much characters would be Banking on Bella, good game, good characters...but way to many of them, updates where not one girl u like is being featured, coupled with very long time beetwen updates...

For this game take Aubrey/Amber/Riley, if u want a more slutty character one of them could have filled that role, no need for 3 main LI's. Especialy Aubrey/Amber the only real difference is Amber likes drugs...
Lindsey could have easily replaced by Nora, which would have been more interesting story-wise imo.
Penelope is just kind of there, really lacks in term of content...
Penelopes friend feels like a completely unnecessary character.
Lauren is also not really blessed with much content, ever since the hoco.

Lacking content with main LI's is even more frustrating if there is a large cast and yet the dev continues to add more and more characters like Penelopes friend, Lindsey or Charli (i mean, he was an complete waste of time with no benefits, not even interesting, just a waste of space), or the hoock ups with some random girls on the trip...yet Penelope still has no action...

As for the game which shall not be named. I'm one of the players which likes slow burn, if it makes sense with the character in question. But with these 2 characters it is just wayyy too much, to the point of pure frustration, if anything this blueball fest would (or rather has) make me quit the game, instead of wanting more.

Personaly i'd prefer less blue balls and more story, like the escapades of the student/teacher(Bella) affair, makes a way better game than blue balls, which only masochists can enjoy at this point.
Imo a largely overrated game, i like the visuals thought.

Jul 9, 2020
College Kings [v14.0.1] [Undergrad Steve] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 14,94 GB / 2,98 GB - CollegeKings-14.0.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 14,xx GB / 2,97 GB - CollegeKings-14.0.1-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

Any help with uploading to more/other filehosters would be highly appreciated!

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please make torrent link :)

Reactions: Kaine1994

yamcha

Jun 23, 2018
I was wondering how does one get the scenes with Samantha? do I have to follow certain paths and not do other ones? Any help is appreciated

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Indeed. I think the formula of those dating sims is set by those Otome games -- with emphasis on the I think because I've never played them (only Doki Doki LC, but it's more like a parody than a real Otome game). But I think they have like that: around 4-5 characters with their dere personalities for the player to choose from.
The problem is that I think if a dev really wants to do something like that and the story really allows choice, he should do scenes with each girl on each release. I know there are feasibility issues -- small teams or even a lonely dev... --, but, at least, instead of releasing episodes, do updates of the same episode where every girl is contemplated. It doesn't need to be sex per se since the build-up of sexual tension is really important in that kind of game, and also because those players really like the romance and the building of a relationship, but there must be a story! That's why I think harem or player games are more honest -- not that I think everyone should like them but, at least, it's easier for them to deliver what they promise.
And then we have those games that like to contemplate every kind of player which BaDIK is paradigmatic: we have the total ho Quinn that comes with her own harem of girls, the half-slut Sage, the lesbo duo, the not-virgin-but-almost-like-it-if-were milf Bella, and the literally virgin Jill (and other random girls and teachers for one to bang as he please). BaDIK did it quite well -- and the numbers don't lie --, and, even if it takes a long time to deliver, its dev manages to deliver stories for each archetypical girl in it -- it's a game that, if you really want to see all the stories, you have to do a few runs (at least 4); but I think it's a very hard endeavor... The chances of failure are great. You can end up not pleasing anyone...
CK is not a failure and, by the number of patrons, is doing quite well, but, if you look at its story structure, you can see Lauren was planned to be the virgin fulfilling the role Jill plays on BaDIK, but I think she failed this objective since I don't see her creating the same degree of enthusiasm as her counterpart. And maybe the devs didn't even expect Nora would fulfill this role and that's why her part isn't major yet, but I bet -- if they are smart and follow the comments -- it will grow on later developments.
What I disagree with you is about the ho bunch on CK. I think the kind of player who is into those girls -- taking myself as an example :p -- wants quantity, variety... Only one wouldn't suffice. What annoys me in those games is having, for instance, Chloe's path blocked because she demands commitment. If there were only one girl to choose, I wouldn't even bother playing it (at least for the smut factor... the dev would have to be a really good story creator to change my decision).
But I agree with your opinion about Penelope... I never understood her existence... she adds nothing to the story. Lauren too... I agree with someone here who said she could be an antagonist and replace Charli who was just a bore... Lindsay at least is hot, but storywise I agree Nora would fulfill the role. I don't mind though having one-night stands... but, of course, the dev runs the risk of people emphasizing with her and asking for a major role (or people complaining about one-night stands making them deviate their route to pixel romance).
I said that Emily could have filled Chari's role as an antagonist, but Lauren is also an interesting possibility for that role. Especially since she likes mind games. I don't think that MC would like being on her bad side.

holliatak

Mar 27, 2020
shift+o

persistent._seen_ever["sexdream1"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v1_tomShoutBack"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["continuem"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["fkcon"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["aubreysexb"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["emsex_a"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["rileysexscene"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["brbj"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v8_cl_start"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v8_ri_start"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["hoco_amb_night"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["int_deal_w_josh"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["amber_sex_at_joshs"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v9_aubrey_scene_lake"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v9_emily_dorm"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v9_ri_sex"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v9_make_out_w_lin"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v10_mc_vs_ryan_fight"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v10_mc_vs_imre_fight"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v10s17_galleryScene"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v10_lauren_room_sg"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v10_amber_skatepark_sg"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v10s30_galleryScene"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v10s40_galleryScene"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v11s5_galleryScene"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v11_aubrey_plane_sex_sg"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v11_ms_rose_sex_sg"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v11s28a_galleryScene"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v11_riley_sex_sg"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v11_chloe_sex_scene"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v12_lindsey_sex"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v12_ms_rose_sex_sg"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v12_lauren_sex_sg"] = True;
persistent._seen_ever["v12_nora_sex"] = True
persistent._seen_ever["v14s01_sg"] = True
persistent._seen_ever["v14s03c_sg"] = True
persistent._seen_ever["v14s21a"] = True
persistent._seen_ever["v14s25a"] = True
persistent._seen_ever["v14s36_sg"] = True
persistent._seen_ever["v14s46a_sga"] = True
persistent._seen_ever["v14s46a_sgb"] = True
persistent._seen_ever["v14s53_sg"] = True

ENJOY guys

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I said that Emily could have filled Chari's role as an antagonist, but Lauren is also an interesting possibility for that role. Especially since she likes mind games. I don't think that MC would like being on her bad side.
Emily sure, Lauren while interesting, comes with the problem if u are in a relatioship with her, her being the antagonist would be problematic and would need to have consequences if she really belives/knows u cheat on her.

That reminds me, what happens if ur on Emilys path, will she still leave the college ?

Reactions: dmgab and NewTricks

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Emily sure, Lauren while interesting, comes with the problem if u are in a relatioship with her, her being the antagonist would be problematic and would need to have consequences if she really belives/knows u cheat on her.

That reminds me, what happens if ur on Emilys path, will she still leave the college ?
yeah Emily still leaves, what a great way to really kill any interest in her

Reactions: Kond

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Ok...i mean, it kind of makes sense if u ignore her from the begining and she was mainly there cause of the MC.
But why would she leave if u give her a second chance ?
she tells the MC that she loves him and you can tell her you love her, then she still tells him shes leaving and they can try a long distance relationship, it makes no sense after all this time and still no info on her cheating, then her siding with Charli which she never apologies for and then she just leaves after saying she loves him, and i thought i was getting enough kicks in the balls from the Riley route

Reactions: Kond and Raziel_8

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
she tells the MC that she loves him and you can tell her you love her, then she still tells him shes leaving and they can try a long distance relationship, it makes no sense after all this time and still no info on her cheating, then her siding with Charli which she never apologies for and then she just leaves after saying she loves him, and i thought i was getting enough kicks in the balls from the Riley route
And odd enough I chose the "Ok, bye" answers to her and be as cold as possible I still got nudes the day after, making her look bipolar. Well, even more :KEK:

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
I am sure this game would be more popular if it wasn't 15GB and rising. Considering the cheap download hosts throttling bandwidth even with a fast internet connect it takes over half an hour to download it.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I feel u, Riley also was a favorite of mine, before the trip started...
Yeah the whole point of Emilys cheating never getting adressed, was a one of the reassons why i dropped that path.
If u give her such a backstory, make a redemption arc, a love/hate story or whatever, but at the very least, address the elephant in the room.
The other point beeing, that she had next to no content, except the occasional hoock up...kind of sucks, as she has the best model imo and could have been easily one of the more interesting storys.

Well, that sounds completely stupid and here i thought after that park scene, where she tells me, she will ignore me (even if i'm already doing that the entire game) was the low point...guess u can always add more things which make no sense plot-wise, thought i'm not really surprised by that anymore.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

If you are on Emily's path she breaks your heart three times over. I think that is a pretty good life lesson for MC. What he is supposed to have learned from it I have no idea.

1636930832573.png

3.20 star(s) 192 Votes