chesra.pola24

Sep 25, 2022
This sort of thing takes away from what a visual novel is supposed to be about, at least in my opinion. I do auto-win as well as I don't play visual novels for arcade style gameplay.
Well, it is meant to be a mini-game that enhances user experience through involvement. But overcomplicating that part took away a whole chunk of fun out of the experience

Reactions: Night Hacker

raider_manhc

Jul 12, 2018
Information for College Kings players.

College Kings
Act I, Act II and Act III, which is split across three Acts and game downloads, has now been combined into one game; one single game download; and is free to play for a better gaming experience.

Going forward, College Kings – Acts I to III will be known as College Kings - The Complete Season.

With this change, the College Kings Acts II and III will be retired soon to remove any future confusion.

New naming:

CK1 - The Complete Season.
CK2 - Episode I.

Subsequent parts of CK2 will be released as Episodes.
so when do we get the complete season here?

WastedEfforts

Jan 23, 2020
It isn't just cheating foreshadowing, but the foreshadowing of an entire cycle of a toxic marriage. Now I'm not saying that Nora is a bad LI or anything, just that there is a lot of subtext to go with the text and it isn't really subtle. It is like there is foreshadowing that Nora is meant to be the one that he will marry and have children with even though she is wrong for him. Basically, Nora's entire story arc is cheating and past behavior being an indication of future behavior. It kinda goes like this:

1. Nora and Alex have a meet cute, but she says right away she is taken.
2. Nora is seen chatting up Emily, the first girl we see her talking to/mirroring is the one who allegedly cheated on Alex
3. They get closer at the wolf party where she is beefing with her boyfriend
4. She enlists his help to make her dream trip come true, not her boyfriend
5. On the trip they sneak away from the group, including her boyfriend
6. Her boyfriend leaves her at the alter, she marries Alex instead
7. She has a domestic abuse incident (much discussed on this board)
8. She cheats with Alex (optional) Hides the affair
9. She disappears and ghosts Alex. Private detective must be "hired" to find her.
10. She insists that Alex creampie her even though they didn't before. Baby trap.
11. Alex and Nora parent a "baby" together (optional and fake lol)
12. She says that her and Chloe made out even if Alex and Chloe and/or Nora are in a relationship (plus she hates Chloe).
13. She tells Alex that no matter how the election went that nothing will be the same afterward.

There are other less impactful things, like her testing/teasing Alex with the prospect of cheating if you join the Wolves, but in general infidelity and Nora are thematically joined at the hip. While just a few of these you can just take or leave, when you string them all together they show a pattern foreshadowing that her cycle may be hard to break. Once you can see the foreshadowing, you really can't unsee it. It is just thematic shorthand. Then again, a lot of the other LIs have much less subtle problems (I'm looking at you Amber). The funny thing is that Chloe has a lot of similar red flags throughout the game but the main difference is that Nora would be a good mother (albeit a bad wife).
Bunch of bs.
Chris practically abandons Nora, so her leaving him is set in stone. Even Chloe, who's constantly busy, leaves some room for MC, unlike what Chris does to Nora (now multiply this for months).
Also, Nora doesn't hate Chloe, she never said that. In fact Nora said that she would like to improve her relationship with Chole.
Breaking apart and Nora's optional cheating is all Chris fault. He could've easily avoided this disaster by spending a little more time with his girlfriend. They didn't even have any intimacy for a long time and that's fucked up thing to do to your significant other.

raider_manhc

Jul 12, 2018
This is just a name change - everything is up to date.
There are no changes to the game files, version or content.
ok shame. so the bug with act 1 and 2 with the saves still not fixed? i got the guy, (cant remember his name), thrown home during europe trip before hte rest of the class went. but then in act 2 he is suddenly on same flight and with the class at airport... :unsure:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Bunch of bs.
Chris practically abandons Nora, so her leaving him is set in stone. Even Chloe, who's constantly busy, leaves some room for MC, unlike what Chris does to Nora (now multiply this for months).
Also, Nora doesn't hate Chloe, she never said that. In fact Nora said that she would like to improve her relationship with Chole.
Breaking apart and Nora's optional cheating is all Chris fault. He could've easily avoided this disaster by spending a little more time with his girlfriend. They didn't even have any intimacy for a long time and that's fucked up thing to do to your significant other.
I'm not making a value judgment on Nora's cheating or assigning blame. I'm talking about foreshadowing and analyzing the events as a storytelling convention. If I were to attempt to diagram problems with the relationship between Alex and Nora (who I must admit is probably my favorite love interest, issues notwithstanding) I would assert that women who cheat on their partner will tend to cheat on any future partner as well (men too, honestly). At any rate, I wasn't discussing that so if you wish to refute it feel free. The foreshadowing aspect is only a possible allusion to future events. No other love interest is as intertwined with prospects of marriage, children, infidelity, and divorce as Nora is. They stand up to get married. They raise a plastic baby together. Nora cheats, either physically or emotionally is your choice. Nora's parents are in the throes of a divorce. It isn't exactly subtle.

Also, if you didn't pick up on the fact that Chloe and Nora hate each other you are NOT paying attention. She might not have said "I hate you" but boy do actions speak louder than words.

richiman

May 3, 2022
ok shame. so the bug with act 1 and 2 with the saves still not fixed? i got the guy, (cant remember his name), thrown home during europe trip before hte rest of the class went. but then in act 2 he is suddenly on same flight and with the class at airport... :unsure:
You probably mean Charlie. It's not a bug. He normally back home with everyone on the plane from that Europe trip, and you can only really get rid of him at the very beginning of Episode I in CK2. It is certainly not the case that he himself is returning home from a trip. Even thrown home is not realistic, as teachers are responsible for every person on the trip until the end of the trip.

Flynn95

Jun 6, 2022
So I am currently on my first play through and I have only chased Aubrey and Chloe, I’m up to the Europe trip, is there a way I can stop being with Chloe and only Aubrey?
thanks to anyone who can help

Aug 29, 2020
So I am currently on my first play through and I have only chased Aubrey and Chloe, I’m up to the Europe trip, is there a way I can stop being with Chloe and only Aubrey?
thanks to anyone who can help
The only breakup being 'boyfriend' in the game so far is with Lauren and Ms Rose (But the affair was secret).

Since Lauren is getting naughty, I also want to break up with her and be with Nora, or Penelope.

does any one know if Ep 2 is coming out this year or not
He says he was going to see it this fall (in other words, yet this year), so it should come between the second week of NOVEMBER to the second week of DECEMBER.

Reactions: Blueray
Aug 29, 2020
To lose the FWB relationship, it is also difficult, I think that with Chloe, you can only change it before the trip, not after that, but with Aubrey you can.

And to tell you the truth, after we define a relationship it's kind of hard to change

Flynn95

Jun 6, 2022
To lose the FWB relationship, it is also difficult, I think that with Chloe, you can only change it before the trip, not after that, but with Aubrey you can.

And to tell you the truth, after we define a relationship it's kind of hard to change
Ah okay thanks, is that also the same for College Kings the new episodes?

Aug 29, 2020
Ah okay thanks, is that also the same for College Kings the new episodes?
I played until the penultimate day of episode one, so yes.

But on the patreon they said that the new phase the characters will have more personalities, so this may already change in the next updates

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Information for College Kings players.

College Kings
Act I, Act II and Act III, which is split across three Acts and game downloads, has now been combined into one game; one single game download; and is free to play for a better gaming experience.

Going forward, College Kings – Acts I to III will be known as College Kings - The Complete Season.

With this change, the College Kings Acts II and III will be retired soon to remove any future confusion.

New naming:

CK1 - The Complete Season.
CK2 - Episode I.

Subsequent parts of CK2 will be released as Episodes.
Well, someone forgot to tell the person who updates the OP, it still says just Act I for version 1.1.2s that now contains Act I, II and III and refers to the CK2 download as Act II.

Talk about confusing...

Reactions: Tunak23

WastedEfforts

Jan 23, 2020
I'm not making a value judgment on Nora's cheating or assigning blame. I'm talking about foreshadowing and analyzing the events as a storytelling convention. If I were to attempt to diagram problems with the relationship between Alex and Nora (who I must admit is probably my favorite love interest, issues notwithstanding) I would assert that women who cheat on their partner will tend to cheat on any future partner as well (men too, honestly). At any rate, I wasn't discussing that so if you wish to refute it feel free. The foreshadowing aspect is only a possible allusion to future events. No other love interest is as intertwined with prospects of marriage, children, infidelity, and divorce as Nora is. They stand up to get married. They raise a plastic baby together. Nora cheats, either physically or emotionally is your choice. Nora's parents are in the throes of a divorce. It isn't exactly subtle.

Also, if you didn't pick up on the fact that Chloe and Nora hate each other you are NOT paying attention. She might not have said "I hate you" but boy do actions speak louder than words.
There's no foreshadowing about Nora.
Bitching about Nora's optional cheating is moot, since intimacy and attention in relationship is essential. If you deny it to your LI then eventually he/she will seek it elsewhere, it's all on you. You can't just stop feeding your dog and then complain that it steals your food instead of waiting for you to feed it once a year, that's just stupid. I'm not the one to defend cheating hoes, but Nora was absolutely justified in doing so. Also, it was made to not blue ball player for too long if you pursue Nora.

Chloe and Nora don't actually hate each other. They have issues with each other, but also want to improve their relationship, as they mentioned on couple occasions. Mismatch of personalities aside, Nora's shitty romance and Chloe's way of handling things affect their relationship. I expect them to improve their relationship after Nora's break up and Chloe's potentially losing to Lindsey.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes