richiman

May 3, 2022
What is the correct order to play this game, I played a bit when it was first released but didn't love it, thought give a go again. What is the difference between ACT 1 and game before reworking.
CK1 v1.2.11 (Act I) then CK2 3.0.11 (Act II).

Season 1 v15.1.0 is a very outdated version from Patreon. CK1 used to contain 4 Acts. Act 4 was reworked to Episode 1 in CK2. CK1 now contains 3 Acts. CK2 contains 3 Episodes and work is underway on Episode 4. Actually this game is called College Kings 2 - Episode 1 because it contains only 1 Episode, and additional Episodes were added as DLCs and you can finish the game on Episode 1 or buy the DLCs and continue with new adventures. You can import game saves from CK1 to CK2. The latest versions simply contain more content.

Reactions: Swampfire25

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
Case in point.

To stop pirates?
You took two things and lumped them together. The "case in point" was referring to a user complaint. Most of the comments over the last couple of pages seem to be from users who can't make the game work properly or who are confused about versions of this or that. This is the user experience I was referring to earlier, and the frustrations of which people who paying for and playing with shouldn't have to suffer. The game is supposed to be functional and fun. The functional lapses are taking a lot of the fun out of it. The idea of throwing releases out as fast as possible without proper screening and then fixing the defects later is a shit way to approach how it's done. The larger defects should be fixed before the updates are released. The frustration factor would go down 1000% it that were the case.

Reactions: TREXrg

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I must be one of the only people who liked the Amber detective story lines. But if they are getting rid of it in Ep 2 - So be it. I would say have her antics as a spin off game, or something, but I don't want the Dev to start yet more projects.

Reactions: Vill3m

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
i hope the revamp also removes that boring as fuck carnival on the pier event and adds more to the pool party. that event was too short in my opinion. there should be more going on at a pool party. keep the scene where mc fucks loser's mom though lol.

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
I must be one of the only people who liked the Amber detective story lines. But if they are getting rid of it in Ep 2 - So be it. I would say have her antics as a spin off game, or something, but I don't want the Dev to start yet more projects.
I liked the Detective storyline as well, and thought there was a lot of humorous stuff in it. Frankly I wish they'd just stop fucking around and fucking everything up and simply fix the existing errors and move on to properly executed new content. The revisions and bugfixes seem endless at this point. Endless replayability my ass. Who wants to go back and replay entire episodes simply to view the few "new and improved" changes they make at which point they will presumably tell us that there is no save compatibility between episode 2 saves and new episode 2 saves or whatever, and that the new version number will precede the old version number which of course will cause endless confusion plus a whole new selection of bugs or whatever other way the dev can find to take a game and totally self-sabotage it. I'm sure that new ways will be discovered to screw over the game and alienate the fan base.

This was one of my favorite games for a while. Now it's just making me frustrated and angry.

Reactions: Vill3m

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I liked the Detective storyline as well, and thought there was a lot of humorous stuff in it. Frankly I wish they'd just stop fucking around and fucking everything up and simply fix the existing errors and move on to properly executed new content. The revisions and bugfixes seem endless at this point. Endless replayability my ass. Who wants to go back and replay entire episodes simply to view the few "new and improved" changes they make at which point they will presumably tell us that there is no save compatibility between episode 2 saves and new episode 2 saves or whatever, and that the new version number will precede the old version number which of course will cause endless confusion plus a whole new selection of bugs or whatever other way the dev can find to take a game and totally self-sabotage it. I'm sure that new ways will be discovered to screw over the game and alienate the fan base.

This was one of my favorite games for a while. Now it's just making me frustrated and angry.
Yeah, I actually haven't played it since around midway through episode 2 I think it was? Loved it, but the messing with version numbers and incompatibilities etc... I just played something else. I should reload it and see what's new I guess but. This idea of going back and remaking is a plague and slows down development of new content which is already slow.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I have to admit that the detective storyline was my favorite part of episode 2 but I also have to admit that it was fucking pointless. All that it really existed to do was antagonize all of your friends. You had to ask two people casual questions to find Nora and literally discovered nothing of value regarding the college's beef with the frats. That is a lot of meat to cut out of the game, though it was padding. I think the game will be less fun without it, but I understand why they want to dispense with it. What I'm more curious about is what will replace it.

Reactions: TREXrg and StpdMggt

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi. What is Act 1 latest version? I download this game from here a while ago and it says 1.2.17s in the main menu but the current Act 1 file name at #1 is called CollegeKings-1.2.11. So is my version newer or older?
screenshot0003.png

richiman

May 3, 2022
Hi. What is Act 1 latest version? I download this game from here a while ago and it says 1.2.17s in the main menu but the current Act 1 file name at #1 is called CollegeKings-1.2.11. So is my version newer or older?
View attachment 2605743
1.2.17 is older. 1.2.11 is the latest. All the builds were updated so the update numbering had to be changed to make everything match.

Reactions: NukaCola

Leonin

Dec 6, 2018
If he is changing old stuff I would go with the scene where Chloe has sex with the MC on a sidewalk next to the parking lot in broad daylight. That feels out of character for both of them.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
If he is changing old stuff I would go with the scene where Chloe has sex with the MC on a sidewalk next to the parking lot in broad daylight. That feels out of character for both of them.
I mean, if we are going with what a character would do. A president in a senior year who is regarded as the hottest in the college would probably not give the MC the time of day. Freshman mongoloid with a stunted intellect. Really have to do some mental gymnastics on some of these MCs in AVNs and how they get girls.

Pete16

Aug 29, 2022
Hey, so I am completely lost and dont know what do download when i want to play the game from the beginning.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes