Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I noticed I ahd downloaded and not played 3.0.11 so I did while the new version was downloading, but the new version doesn't even work, can't even load my save files in it. What's the issue with 3.1.8? Nice fuckup by the devs for sure. Kill people's save files for the last release for the chapter. Stellar work guys.
At least there isn't any new content for this update so that was a waste of time to download.
The sex scenes are also extremely boring, not the thing I thought I'd complain about tonight but here I am. The MC cums so little it's almost making me feel bad for him. I think I speak for all of us here when I say in college or in college for those of us who didn't go. When we came during sex or just by wanking it's never not once been one little measly spurt. Not even the when you do it multiple times in a row.
It just made the sex scenes so lame tbh.

Jan 27, 2021
Not really surprising if they continuously switch writers, how many had they now 3 or 4.
Yet people still complain all the time about DPC working alone because it takes 6 to 8 months for him to make 5K+ renders with 300+ animations, tons of mini-games and an extremely detailed and complex story with difficult branching...
Don't get me wrong, I like(d?) this game (didn't play College kings 2 yet, waiting for a Steam sale) but I'm also not in denial, this was indeed a copy of BaDIK (not because of the college setting alone), I think there's room for it though, so I have no problem with it. But this game shows exactly what happens if a dev does not work alone on his idea like DPC. Of course there're some successful teams too but many times one member quits and that causes huge problems. If we don't even consider the writer situation here (what causes even worse issues than the bugs) this game is usually a mess, full of bugs and devs always work on old episodes/chapters even from the "first game" to make it somewhat playable and at least have some story that makes sense. The characters' personalities still change in every second minute, choices don't mean shit because the writing isn't synced with the code very well. One person can easily mess up too but it's a lot harder and very time consuming for multiple people to work in perfect harmony. Play-testing it before releases would of course also help...

Jan 27, 2021
I obviously hate this game, so I already bought College kings act 2 and 3 and will buy each and every episode/chapter/act or whatever it's called of College kings 2 until game is completed. I've never even downloaded this from here.
Since I think only one college themed game should exist (BaDIK obviously) I spent some money on College bound and on Freshwomen on Steam too. Maybe it's foolish to think I could have an opinion.

Does DPC do some things a lot better? Yes, he does. Is there room for improvement even for him? Of course. Is there room for improvement for this dev team? I definitely think so. The writing is the most difficult part of these games I think and changing writers causes problems especially if you rush to find a new one. Freeloading family was marked abandoned here because dev couldn't find someone who was capable of writing a good ending. Now it's finally completed it's really good. The original version of this game was among the most promising ones. Is this still one of the good or even better games? Yes, but could be much-much better without the story flaws, personality changes and bugs in code.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yet people still complain all the time about DPC working alone because it takes 6 to 8 months for him to make 5K+ renders with 300+ animations, tons of mini-games and an extremely detailed and complex story with difficult branching...
Don't get me wrong, I like(d?) this game (didn't play College kings 2 yet, waiting for a Steam sale) but I'm also not in denial, this was indeed a copy of BaDIK (not because of the college setting alone), I think there's room for it though, so I have no problem with it. But this game shows exactly what happens if a dev does not work alone on his idea like DPC. Of course there're some successful teams too but many times one member quits and that causes huge problems. If we don't even consider the writer situation here (what causes even worse issues than the bugs) this game is usually a mess, full of bugs and devs always work on old episodes/chapters even from the "first game" to make it somewhat playable and at least have some story that makes sense. The characters' personalities still change in every second minute, choices don't mean shit because the writing isn't synced with the code very well. One person can easily mess up too but it's a lot harder and very time consuming for multiple people to work in perfect harmony. Play-testing it before releases would of course also help...
Well, i don't think DPC was ever asked to give up/share the creative work like writing, some help would be useful for that game, seeing the ever longer update times and increasing branching.
But there is little point in arguing about that, as DPC is never gonna do that, i think the reason is more likely contributed to his peculiar personality thought.

I have no idea why this team changes the writers so often, but that is pretty much the worst person to switch, as you said, story and character personality changes too often and no continuity.

As for the bugs, i think this was even adressed by the dev team (it has been a while).
IIRC one of the problems was that they would add new content a day or two before release, basically no testing being done and even if they knew that there were bugs, they still would rather release the update in the broken state than do a bug fix first...and they had no intention to change that habit, well i think they said, they try not to add new content days before release, but releasing the update was more important then fixing it first.

The amout of bugs got better in season 2, but the first one was a horrible bug fest...
As for the story, i have no idea if they even have maped out the story, honestly i doubt it, but the character changes are what i really hate.

I wouldn't use this dev team as a example of what happens if the devs work in a team (well maybe a worst case example), same as i wouldn't use DPC as an example/standart for a solo dev and solo devs face different problems.
Why these guys do things the way they do is up to everyone's guess.

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
is there a fix for "this save was created on a different device. maliciously constructed saves can harm your computer. do you trust this saves creatorand everyone whocould have changed the file." then you click yes and this is what pops up
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/compat/load_failed.rpy", line 256, in <module>
TypeError: 'RevertableSet' object does not support item assignment

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "compat/load_failed.rpyc", line 6, in script
File "D:\CollegeKings2-pc\CollegeKings2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\CollegeKings2-pc\CollegeKings2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/compat/load_failed.rpy", line 256, in <module>
File "game/characters/CharacterService_ren.py", line 77, in set_relationship
TypeError: 'RevertableSet' object does not support item assignment

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
College Kings 2 3.1.8
Fri Jun 2 08:34:28 2023
```

is there a fix? thanks for any help i dont want to start over

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I obviously hate this game, so I already bought College kings act 2 and 3 and will buy each and every episode/chapter/act or whatever it's called of College kings 2 until game is completed. I've never even downloaded this from here.
Since I think only one college themed game should exist (BaDIK obviously) I spent some money on College bound and on Freshwomen on Steam too. Maybe it's foolish to think I could have an opinion.

Does DPC do some things a lot better? Yes, he does. Is there room for improvement even for him? Of course. Is there room for improvement for this dev team? I definitely think so. The writing is the most difficult part of these games I think and changing writers causes problems especially if you rush to find a new one. Freeloading family was marked abandoned here because dev couldn't find someone who was capable of writing a good ending. Now it's finally completed it's really good. The original version of this game was among the most promising ones. Is this still one of the good or even better games? Yes, but could be much-much better without the story flaws, personality changes and bugs in code.
That's a lot of words just to say

1685727441584.png

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
I don't know what the fuck the devs did, but now all the damn fights are corrupted and it gives me error every time I try to play them, it sucks.

• Angry
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia
Jan 27, 2021
That's a lot of words just to say

View attachment 2670065
And every game out there could be RDR2, what's your point? Just because there's a better game, one shouldn't be the same, however sticking to a story, and not changing LIs' and other characters' personality, not ignoring an important part (the fighting) almost entirely and creating a game with fewer bugs is a good goal for all the devs regardless of the theme of their game. Or your problem is I mentioned BaDIK? Aren't you the hater of that game then? I bought this one, not simply played, did you do the same with BaDIK or even with this? Do you support this dev team like me because you like what they do but still hope they would get better in a few things or just attack anybody who mentions an another game?

I could mention lots of games, let's say Leap of faith or Depraved awakening and some more. Those are on another level, good story, writing, characters, no bugs. The setting itself doesn't really matter, but obviosly people try to compare games with similar themes.

hoshin0119

Nov 24, 2021
If all you're going to do is complain about the game not working, buy a genuine copy from Steam. Genuine copies work just fine.

• Angry
Reactions: Almighty
3.20 star(s) 191 Votes