Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
the constant "*laughs*" and "*chuckles*" after every single character's line was insufferable. even just seeing those words now triggers me. the new writer did away with that banal shit real quick and also gave the characters way more depth and individual personalities beyond being different looking cock sheaths.
They didn't even look that different. Half the girls use the same model with a few tweaks. Even the ones that don't, have very similar proportions, very similar skin tone, and very similar faces. Except for Nora, it seems like all the girls are clones, and I'm probably just saying that about her, because I like her. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Spider-Gwen's Hot

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
the constant "*laughs*" and "*chuckles*" after every single character's line was insufferable. even just seeing those words now triggers me. the new writer did away with that banal shit real quick and also gave the characters way more depth and individual personalities beyond being different looking cock sheaths.
they went back and fixed a lot of what was in my opinion bad writing. like the heavy vernacular switch. for example, as you couldnt suffer the giggles, i got frustrated with the constant "gotta dip" . however, as stated before, they have reigned it in, and not liking the writer change was my opinion. glad you like it though, cheers

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
This game deserves more credit than it gets imo
It's a great game
It's a shame the dev doesn't come here
I always like talking to the devs of the games I like on here

Anyway this game was one of the earliest games I played on here
When I started playing the games late last year
So It's always going to have a special place in my heart

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
It's a great game

Yeah it's a great game. In the top ten for me!

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
It's a great game

Yeah, I especially loved the sequence where you are on the boat, eliminating people. Fun one and unique idea.

hoshin0119

Nov 24, 2021
College Kings is my first Ren'Py game.
but unfortunately, he hasn't kept a single time commitment since 2022.
The same is true for this one.
Episode 4 will be released in two parts, part 1 and part 2, and he said he'd release part 2 by the end of the year, but is that really possible?
Rather, he said that the rebuilding of Episode 2 is not yet complete and the release could be delayed.
I don't know if I'll be able to release even Ep4 part 1, let alone Ep4 part 2, by the end of the year.

Reactions: TREXrg

dathk321

Sep 5, 2021
It's a great game

Eh you could support him with the highest tier on patreon 150$ , he would talk with you imidiately

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

dathk321

Sep 5, 2021
Imagine if this game have voice actor, this would make the game even popular on steam and also this site.
But maybe in others universe it have become true :)))
keep dreaming guys, one day you will hear maya or josy. Although Jill have voice in the first so she will not count :v

Reactions: Joshy92

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
That's a shame then
All the devs I talk too are really nice
I have never understood why people have to be so mean to devs that they push them away from the site
I believe a lot of people were constantly at him for this being a BaD clone (Which it really isn't) and the game was not in a great shape prior the extensive updates and reworks. I tell ya, Joshy... This place has quite a few religious zealot maniacs who don't like AVNs set in a similar setting to their favourite. They get extremely territorial.

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

dathk321

Sep 5, 2021
Imagine if this game have voice actor, this would make the game even popular on steam and also this site.
But maybe in others universe it have become true :)))
keep dreaming guys, one day you will hear maya or josy. Although Jill have voice in the first so she will not count :v
Oh, wrong post i guess :)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I believe a lot of people were constantly at him for this being a BaD clone (Which it really isn't) and the game was not in a great shape prior the extensive updates and reworks. I tell ya, Joshy... This place has quite a few religious zealot maniacs who don't like AVNs set in a similar setting to their favourite. They get extremely territorial.
Yeah i have seen similar to that in other threads
You're right this game stands on it's own
It's not a ripoff

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Oh, wrong post i guess :)
Uf they got professional voice actors, maybe. Most tend to use AI voices and they are quite bad. I usually turn off the vocie acting in some AVNs makes it far more pleasurable experience.

toobad0912

May 1, 2021
Hello!

I just started playing this game the other day, but I'm really enjoying it so far. But for some reason I'm not able to Save my progress. I keep running into this error:
Python:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/v7/v7.rpy", line 6088, in script
    u "Love your costume. You look amazing!"
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 397, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <function show_screen at 0x103a6a1f0>: it's not the same object as renpy.display.screen.show_screen

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/v7/v7.rpy", line 6088, in script
    u "Love your costume. You look amazing!"
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/exports.py", line 1473, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1259, in __call__
    return Character(kind=self, **kwargs)(what, interact=interact, _call_done=_call_done, multiple=multiple, _mode=_mode, _with_none=_with_none)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1352, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1003, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 693, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 4540, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1177, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1177, in event
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 770, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1138, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1071, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 368, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 375, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 397, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 427, in save
    reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 413, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/compat/pickle.py", line 103, in dump
    pickle.dump(o, f, pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL if highest else PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <function show_screen at 0x103a6a1f0>: it's not the same object as renpy.display.screen.show_screen

macOS-13.4.1-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
College Kings 1.3.17
Mon Aug  7 17:45:17 2023
Can anyone help me out? I keep having to hope that an Automatic Save was made recently every time I stop playing for a minute!

Edit: After several hours of additional gameplay, I now realize that not only has the Auto Save feature also broken, it took all the previous auto saves with it. I'm boned.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 191 Votes