Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
Didnt think about that lol Sorry
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Copy pasted change log lol
He also warns that the last save the game has you do (at the ending sequence) for some reason wont be usuable in the next update so instead save before entering the headmasters office
Many thanks!
Added to OP thx
Attaching the full completed walkthrough for v0.2b by yours truly. May you update it in the OP please? Thanks.
Enjoy guys!

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Downloading newest version now (v0.25) will edit post with download link once I have it uploaded

Download link:

He also recommends starting over because as the change log states the intro was reworked and also because hes not sure if there are any bugs after reworking the intro

Last edited:

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Downloading newest version now (v0.25) will edit post with download link once I have it uploaded

Download link:

He also recommends starting over because as the change log states the intro was reworked and also because hes not sure if there are any bugs after reworking the intro
Nice, thanks! Now we just need the updated walkthrough.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
The GameOvers on this one are a bit brutal.

[Edit]

Also the random number generators appaently aren't. So the game is about remembering which choice works for each stage in the conversation. Which wouldn't be so bad if it the text wasn't so laggy, or if there was a least a key you could hold to skip through it. As it is, the game locks you into long sequences of dialogue and exposition where you don't get a chance to save if you get it wrong, and to replay it all gets tedious pretty quickly.

Which is a pity, because the premise is decent and while it could use a little polish, the writing shows promise. I'm just not sure I can copy with a lot of reloading from "why is there a girl in my room" and bombing out at "what do you mean, you're afraid of libraries?"

Last edited:

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
I like the premise of this game. I also admire the author's ambition. Game seems reasonably polished (some spelling/grammar errors and graphical glitches), but no bugs so far. Possible problem with this game is the author's ambition. Scaling down might be prudent if the author isn't very experienced.

Recommended changes:
1. Checks are usually after a lot of conversation. Either give the player the chance to save before the chance (especially so because some outcomes are game overs), or add a skip button. Preferably both. Not doing that will lead to frustration, frustration leads to anger, anger leads to hate. And hate leads to less patrons.
2. Performance is likely to become a problem, I noticed several slowdowns playing the game. If at all possible start optimizing now.

Reactions: docclox

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
I like the premise of this game. I also admire the author's ambition. Game seems reasonably polished (some spelling/grammar errors and graphical glitches), but no bugs so far. Possible problem with this game is the author's ambition. Scaling down might be prudent if the author isn't very experienced.

Recommended changes:
1. Checks are usually after a lot of conversation. Either give the player the chance to save before the chance (especially so because some outcomes are game overs), or add a skip button. Preferably both. Not doing that will lead to frustration, frustration leads to anger, anger leads to hate. And hate leads to less patrons.
2. Performance is likely to become a problem, I noticed several slowdowns playing the game. If at all possible start optimizing now.
The GameOvers on this one are a bit brutal.

[Edit]

Also the random number generators appaently aren't. So the game is about remembering which choice works for each stage in the conversation. Which wouldn't be so bad if it the text wasn't so laggy, or if there was a least a key you could hold to skip through it. As it is, the game locks you into long sequences of dialogue and exposition where you don't get a chance to save if you get it wrong, and to replay it all gets tedious pretty quickly.

Which is a pity, because the premise is decent and while it could use a little polish, the writing shows promise. I'm just not sure I can copy with a lot of reloading from "why is there a girl in my room" and bombing out at "what do you mean, you're afraid of libraries?"
The there are a couple issues with the RNG the way it is; even following the walkthrough will lead to fails, when really it shouldn't; if you are doing everything perfectly, selecting the right dialogue, it should win every time; while choosing the incorrect responses should lower your chance of success, otherwise you get frustrated by the constant reloading and going through dialogue. It might not be so bad if as already stated, there was a better save/load system or checkpoints closer to the choices, but I think that would be harder to implement than adjusting the RNG.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
The there are a couple issues with the RNG the way it is; even following the walkthrough will lead to fails, when really it shouldn't; if you are doing everything perfectly, selecting the right dialogue, it should win every time; while choosing the incorrect responses should lower your chance of success, otherwise you get frustrated by the constant reloading and going through dialogue. It might not be so bad if as already stated, there was a better save/load system or checkpoints closer to the choices, but I think that would be harder to implement than adjusting the RNG.
I totally agree regarding the dialogue choices should be the factor in succeeding or failing. The only place where I feel the RNG should be is while taking a picture of someone or sneaking in.

My suggestion is as follows:
  • While having a conversation with someone, in the end the choices made should affect the friendship of that specific person.
  • Specific characters couldn't be approached or their route be blocked until specific skills are required. as an example:
  1. Jane will require specific amount of "Fitness" skill points in order to continue with her.
  2. Kira will require specific amount of "Intelligence" skill points in order to continue with her.
  3. Tato girl will require specific amount of "Confidence" skill points in order to continue with her.
You get my point, and you increase those skill points by doing certain activities. Relationship can be expanded to require you to be enemies ( or not friends) with certain people.

it's getting so late here, just wanted to give in my opinion on the fly. Thanks for the game.

PS: Anyone managed to grab the latest walkthrough provided from the developer?

Reactions: 3xpurt

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I totally agree regarding the dialogue choices should be the factor in succeeding or failing. The only place where I feel the RNG should be is while taking a picture of someone or sneaking in.

My suggestion is as follows:
  • While having a conversation with someone, in the end the choices made should affect the friendship of that specific person.
  • Specific characters couldn't be approached or their route be blocked until specific skills are required. as an example:
  1. Jane will require specific amount of "Fitness" skill points in order to continue with her.
  2. Kira will require specific amount of "Intelligence" skill points in order to continue with her.
  3. Tato girl will require specific amount of "Confidence" skill points in order to continue with her.
You get my point, and you increase those skill points by doing certain activities. Relationship can be expanded to require you to be enemies ( or not friends) with certain people.

it's getting so late here, just wanted to give in my opinion on the fly. Thanks for the game.

PS: Anyone managed to grab the latest walkthrough provided from the developer?
@Qleaf posted it just a few posts above you :p

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
@Qleaf posted it just a few posts above you :p
Sorry, but I'm confused, what did you mean by you posted it? The walk through or the game ?

I was talking about the walkthrough the developer posts in his patreon page.

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Sorry, but I'm confused, what did you mean by you posted it? The walk through or the game ?

I was talking about the walkthrough the developer posts in his patreon page.
He was asking if anyone had managed to get the walkthrough so I was letting him know you had already posted it

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
He was asking if anyone had managed to get the walkthrough so I was letting him know you had already posted it
I see, that's cool. but let's make one thing clear;

There are 2 walkthroughs:
  1. The developer's walkthrough ($10+ patreons can view)
  2. My walkthrough ( based on trail and error with lots of reloads to test different routes.)

I'm confident enough that I covered everything available in the game based on available content for the current version and I made it more visually appealing, easy to read and placed save holders before an event which you might fail at.

That being said, I would still like to compare between his walkthrough and mine to double check I didn't miss anything if we have any $10 patreons here.

I'm off to nap before I have to go to work QQ , I'm going to cry I didn't sleep >.<

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I see, that's cool. but let's make one thing clear;

There are 2 walkthroughs:
  1. The developer's walkthrough ($10+ patreons can view)
  2. My walkthrough ( based on trail and error with lots of reloads to test different routes.)

I'm confident enough that I covered everything available in the game based on available content for the current version and I made it more visually appealing, easy to read and placed save holders before an event which you might fail at.

That being said, I would still like to compare between his walkthrough and mine to double check I didn't miss anything if we have any $10 patreons here.

I'm off to nap before I have to go to work QQ , I'm going to cry I didn't sleep >.<
I hadnt realized that and in that case hats off to you. Thats amazing work you put into the walkthrough and a lot more work than just dropping 10 dollars xD

BowDraco

May 18, 2017
Is this game crashing on anyone else? Haven't edited any stats or change any options other than always run. Game continues to crash during unsavable dialogues...

Also does anyone know how the "quick save" feature works?
Edit: I guess quick saving only works outside of dialogue. Go figure...might aswell call it hotkey...
Also found out you crash if you hit the enter key too much, tried to tone it down some. And it still crashes if you hit enter 2 times for every dialogue box

Last edited:

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Is this game crashing on anyone else? Haven't edited any stats or change any options other than always run. Game continues to crash during unsavable dialogues...

Also does anyone know how the "quick save" feature works?
Edit: I guess quick saving only works outside of dialogue. Go figure...might aswell call it hotkey...
Also found out you crash if you hit the enter key too much, tried to tone it down some. And it still crashes if you hit enter 2 times for every dialogue box
Hmm I didnt notice any crashes. and i always change rpgm games to always dash if the option is available lol. So I dont know what to tell you .-.
I also never use the enter key. I just play with the standard z x and arrow keys

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes