VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
"Based on what we know so far." Obviously there are critical information not revealed yet. This wasn't a confirmation
Good, we were allready starting the existent rebel movement! (BTW, do you happen to know any good traders for weapons and spaceships? )

• Thinking Face
Reactions: monk_56

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
So basicly the empire was attacked by factions in the empire, then the empire blamed it on non-existant rebels and launched an all-out attack on these non-existant rebels.... So who has the MC really been fighting before he ended up where he is now?
This is getting confusing.... Did they implant false memories in atleast 3 of the members of the team? MC, Lana and Blanche all seem to have personal experiences with the war and the rebels... think we need to prepare for some red or blue pill soon ;)
To clarify a bit more, I like the prediction because it doesn't contradict a good portion of the hints. The Rebels are very real, MC and Lana weren't fighting imaginary people.

With what is available right now, I don't expect anyone to be able to logically predict the truth. I was trying to set people in the right direction.

Reactions: vogelbeest

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
With what is available right now, I don't expect anyone to be able to logically predict the truth. I was trying to set people in the right direction.
Well, i expect it will be a struggle for power and the MC in the middle of the more political center of the struggle instead of previously being fighting on the ground.... The big question (for me atleast) is if and how he is being used as a tool by former opponents or what his role exactly is.... seems the lady pulling strings (girl middle of the banner) knows more...
Will be interesting to see all unfold over time...

Aug 15, 2021
e was attacked by factions in the empire, then the empire blamed it on non-existant rebels and launched an all-out attack on these non-existant rebels.... So who has the MC really been fighting before he ended up where he is now?
This is getting confusing.... Did they implant false memories in atleast 3 of the members of the team? MC, Lana and Blanche all seem to have personal experiences with the war and the rebels... think we need to prepare for some red or blue pill soon
In regards to my theory? That's pretty close to how I'd imagine it, but I'll correct what I clearly didn't explain well enough.

The Empire stages a false-flag operation, using that as the excuse to act against "rebels". Based on what we know currently the Rebels are a very vaguely defined group, so that could effectively be any group that they wanted to have public support in trying to put down.

In the chaos that follows, we already know that there were at least a few major shifts in power among the Houses. At the same time, emboldened by these "rebel attacks" other people decide to join the fight. So while the Empire continues trying to put out the fires, the Houses realize something doesn't add up. Thus the SOS.

Not that the fighting didn't occur or that lives weren't lost, but rather the true narrative behind those events is not necessarily what the team understand them to be. Similar, though on a obviously smaller scale, actions have occurred historically to serve as justification for war/invasion. Again, this is just a theory based on the information we have and how it was presented. Specifically, it focused on the difference between how some items were very well elaborated on and some were mentioned only with vague details including in the Codex.

Reactions: vogelbeest
Aug 15, 2021
To clarify a bit more, I like the prediction because it doesn't contradict a good portion of the hints. The Rebels are very real, MC and Lana weren't fighting imaginary people.

Kudos to the fact that there is enough depth to the narrative already to make even a wrong prediction like that possible. Intentionally a red herring or otherwise, the way some of the topics were given such a vague treatment in the Codex actually further builds the distrust of any stated details. I started looking at all the separate entries and trying to find the loose thread to tug at.

Which is to say it did exactly what a good espionage story does for the reader. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story actually leads.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I like this a lot :D

Base on what we know so far, I think this makes the most sense.
"Based on what we know so far." Obviously there are critical information not revealed yet. This wasn't a confirmation :LOL:
Ok, when the Developer sneaks in and starts throwing statements like this around you know they're a sneaky trickster and trying to trip you up. Are you right? are they trying to make you think you're right, but you're wrong? Are you right, but they want to make you think you're wrong because they're acting like you're right? Are you wrong? Are you wrong, but they want to make you think you're right because they're acting like you're right? Are they ...............Damnit!

tricksy-hobbitses.jpg

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Thought i'd do a replay today... One little thing that's a bit off is the rank MC and Lana have, Lieutenant is not a really high officers rank, would at much expect them to lead a platoon maybe 2 but certainly not a division....
Both of them are supposed to have been used for propaganda for their succes and MC is even known as "The Officer".
I guess Commander or Captain would be more appriate for them, take note a navy "Captain" counts as colonel in the army...
Perhaps even rear admiral lower flag would be appropriate but that's the lowest flag officer allready... (or general 1 star)

Ofcourse they only been officer relatively short, however militairy succes would mean promotions aswell...

Edit : checked : admiral lower flag leads a division

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallant Trombe

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Thought i'd do a replay today... One little thing that's a bit off is the rank MC and Lana have, Lieutenant is not a really high officers rank, would at much expect them to lead a platoon maybe 2 but certainly not a division....
Both of them are supposed to have been used for propaganda for their succes and MC is even known as "The Officer".
I guess Commander or Captain would be more appriate for them, take note a navy "Captain" counts as colonel in the army...
Perhaps even rear admiral lower flag would be appropriate but that's the lowest flag officer allready... (or general 1 star)

Ofcourse they only been officer relatively short, however militairy succes would mean promotions aswell...

Edit : checked : admiral lower flag leads a division
The Officer is the one being promoted BECAUSE he is not that high rank. You're right, he commands a platoon, so does Lana. There are a few obvious reasons why MC was the one being promoted over someone with a higher rank. Youth, meteoric rise, results, actively taken part in fights, etc. Because the Navy has been an entity for such a long time and the Empire has been at relative peace for so long, there are not many young high ranking officers, if any. But with a war going on, there are actual opportunities for young, fresh blood to gain accolades and ranks through results in the war. Naturally, the Navy wants more of these young people to join and inject new blood into the Navy.

There's also the matter of public opinion. The Officer is unexpected, surprising, it makes headlines. Some old, seasoned general winning battles aren't really all that exciting to the public. After all, how could the Navy not win against the Rebel? Winning is expected and therefore unexciting. You can talk about how the generals have these masterstroke strategies to beat the Rebels, but nobody cares because the Navy have overwhelming power over the Rebels anyway. The Officer's journey was an ongoing narrative that is interesting to the public.

Lastly, this is CoMS, there are other less obvious reasons ;).

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Lastly, this is CoMS, there are other less obvious reasons ;).
Nepotism. He got promoted because he's the MC of the game the Dev is writing.
Wish I could get promoted so easily.

Or maybe The Officer IS Gallant Trombe!! :unsure:

Have we ever seen Gallant Trombe and The Officer in the same room at the same time? Kind of like Batman and Bruce Wayne or Superman and Clark Kent...........:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Maybe CoMS is an autobiography of Gallant Trombe who has travelled back in time to tell it to us as a cautionary tale! :eek::eek:. What exactly does Gallant Trombe mean? Is it Esperanto for "The Officer"? or "Time Traveller"?........

ancient-aliens-1.png

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
Ok, when the Developer sneaks in and starts throwing statements like this around you know they're a sneaky trickster and trying to trip you up. Are you right? are they trying to make you think you're right, but you're wrong? Are you right, but they want to make you think you're wrong because they're acting like you're right? Are you wrong? Are you wrong, but they want to make you think you're right because they're acting like you're right? Are they ...............Damnit!

View attachment 1604303
If you join the Discord, you'll get even more of that and then some. Lol. Got a channel specifically for conspiracy theories where he likes to fuck with us and make us doubt ourselves. Be sure to join if you havent already :)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
If you join the Discord, you'll get even more of that and then some. Lol. Got a channel specifically for conspiracy theories where he likes to fuck with us and make us doubt ourselves. Be sure to join if you havent already :)

Facepalm_statue.jpg

That's all I need, more conspiracy theories.....my head would explode :LOL:....I can't check the Being a DIK thread anymore because it's nothing BUT conspiracy theories and arguing about who's secretly related to who :cry:

MgrWkTwQwo5F.gif

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes