VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 70 Votes

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
It's been a while since I played the last update, but until you said that, I had not even noticed there was no animations. I must have been so into the story/characters that I just didn't miss them.
How well are the sex scenes made if you didnt even notice the lack of animations? Damn that says a lot

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
How well are the sex scenes made if you didnt even notice the lack of animations? Damn that says a lot
I know right. Until you said that I really didn't remember no animations, I had to go back and check my saves. :ROFLMAO: I must have noticed at the time, but it obviously didn't bother me enough to make a note of or remember.

jemmylyn

Dec 23, 2023
This girl used to look much better than she does now. Zero interest in her with new appearance now, it's awful in comparison to previous look.

• Angry
Reactions: KiraJames

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
MC seeing the light:
"I was naive and I allowed all this to happen. Every time we've forfeited the initiative to the enemy, we've lost."

Let's go!

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I'm getting no music/sound, except in the menu. Was it always this way? It feels off, but that could be my memory playing tricks.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Azeroth67000

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
You didn't say anything about a soldier, you just said "I think he might be the slowest MC to develop in the games I've played so far".

I was referencing the character development of the MC as a person.
Nika has had over 5 years of development, while the Officer less than 3, neither have changed or improved very much from where they started.

I wasn't having a go at you or SG, (apologies if it seemed that way). I really was puzzled, that you thought this MC was the slowest developer you'd seen, when the one I think is the slowest was in your signature.

Reactions: Azeroth67000

Azeroth67000

May 15, 2018
I'm getting no music/sound, except in the menu. Was it always this way? It feels off, but that could be my memory playing tricks.
I feel like the action sequence at the warehouse could have been clearer. I saw there was intent, but it didn't land for me. That may be a minority opinion though.
It's reassuring to know I'm not alone in noticing and being unpleasantly surprised by these issues. The lack of sound and music renders the experience hollow and unengaging. The action in the warehouse, particularly the gunfights and the final confrontation with the woman, was difficult to follow due to the rapid, blurry shots. While I appreciate the overall atmosphere and universe, I struggle to connect with the characters and their actions, especially the main character (MC), who is in dire need of a complete rewrite and redesign—his survival to this point is nothing short of a Darwinian anomaly. The MC's design and backstory require a thorough revamp to make him more compelling, tolerable, and less deceptive in the role assigned by the narrative. The characters seem to shift their attitudes and personalities too frequently, which diminishes their appeal. Our character has had only one moment of lucid thought, and with all the women around him harboring secret schemes (potientially against him), such clarity is essential.

The reveal of the rebel spy's (or double agent's) identity, the initial romance (with the MC appearing quite emotionally immature), and its potentially tragic end (the MC's musings hint at survival for this individual) were not particularly interesting or surprising either.

Regrettably, the game lacks meaningful choices or decisions that impact the character's development or the plot's progression. This detachment, coupled with the absence of animation, sound, and ambiance, detracts from the immersion, making the experience feel more like a kinetic novel or webcomic, which is disappointing. Initially, I sensed potential in this universe and storyline, but my conviction has waned. I am uncertain about pursuing this story's future developments.

Last edited:

Hengat

Oct 17, 2022
The plot is so heavy for an AVN with such long periods between updates. Maybe it's just me but everytime when I want to just jump in characters start to talk about counts and rebels and I feel like I have to start from beginning because I don't get what is going on (even with codex at hand). It almost never happen to me but for some reason that's the case with this game.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
It's reassuring to know I'm not alone in noticing and being unpleasantly surprised by these issues. The lack of sound and music renders the experience hollow and unengaging.
I can't remember the reason, but back when it first started, Dev explained his reasoning behind no music and sound and that it would coming. If you are interested, it's probably in the first few pages (or you could use the search box).

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yes your memory is playing tricks. In fact earlier releases had no sound at all, not even in the menu. Dev has already compromised (a good one in my opinion) by adding music to the menu.

It's reassuring to know I'm not alone in noticing and being unpleasantly surprised by these issues. The lack of sound and music renders the experience hollow and unengaging.
It's done on purpose. The MC is suffering from a PTSD phycological condition and can't hear music. The lack of music in the game is actually an immersion feature.

The action in the warehouse, particularly the gunfights and the final confrontation with the woman, was difficult to follow due to the rapid, blurry shots.
That, I somewhat agree.

While I appreciate the overall atmosphere and universe, I struggle to connect with the characters and their actions, especially the main character (MC), who is in dire need of a complete rewrite and redesign—his survival to this point is nothing short of a Darwinian anomaly. The MC's design and backstory require a thorough revamp to make him more compelling, tolerable, and less deceptive in the role assigned by the narrative. The characters seem to shift their attitudes and personalities too frequently, which diminishes their appeal. Our character has had only one moment of lucid thought, and with all the women around him harboring secret schemes (potientially against him), such clarity is essential.
I totally disagree on this. My take on the situation is that the MC is supposed to be somewhat of a propaganda "puppet", and is very much out of his depth, and is in "fake it until you make it" mode, learning how to deal with the situation on the fly. To wit,
  • His basic military training was rushed (early graduation due to a rush to have more soldiers)
  • Has flashbacks of a panic situation in the war
  • Was in jail as a soldier for some reason
  • MC himself thought Lana is better suited to be the leader of the team
The reveal of the rebel spy's (or double agent's) identity, the initial romance (with the MC appearing quite emotionally immature), and its potentially tragic end (the MC's musings hint at survival for this individual) were not particularly interesting or surprising either.
Most people growing up in a safe environment (the war hasn't started yet) are emotionally immature at the MC's initial romance age, in their very early 20's.

Regrettably, the game lacks meaningful choices or decisions that impact the character's development or the plot's progression. This detachment, coupled with the absence of animation, sound, and ambiance, detracts from the immersion, making the experience feel more like a kinetic novel or webcomic, which is disappointing. Initially, I sensed potential in this universe and storyline, but my conviction has waned. I am uncertain about pursuing this story's future developments.
The only thing I agree here is the lack of meaningful choices. There has been multiple releases in which there were no choices to be made.

Reactions: Displayme

Azeroth67000

May 15, 2018
The plot is so heavy for an AVN with such long periods between updates. Maybe it's just me but everytime when I want to just jump in characters start to talk about counts and rebels and I feel like I have to start from beginning because I don't get what is going on (even with codex at hand). It almost never happen to me but for some reason that's the case with this game.
I think it's more of a memory or attention problem, which, as you point out, is not surprising given the long periods between updates. What's more, the story is still in its early stages, or at least at the end of the first part. I understand that you haven't followed or retained the lore or plot elements of the story universe. Allow me to provide a succinct summary: our character is a war hero, a charismatic leader (depending on the propaganda or by will of the scenario) and a seasoned tactician. He is a veteran recently demobilized after a year's service and a traumatic event (a mission gone wrong for him and his men). We later discover that the consequences of this mission have cost him credibility or reputation with the military hierarchy. To redeem himself, he is literally used as a propaganda figure to boost troop morale and public support in the face of a war whose outcome is uncertain and dragging on. The universe is dominated by a human empire (divided between a central government and noble houses on the borders) in the midst of a civil war following a series of bombings and surprise attacks that have claimed many victims.
Our character discovers the true nature of his new assignment: behind his role as a public figure, he must lead a special unit (the SOS) to assist a contact on the planet Elysium and investigate a possible rebel threat. He quickly meets his new team and takes the lead (with difficulty, as he's not cut out to conduct investigations, interrogate suspects or unravel political intrigues. Let's just say he's not very astute).

The team soon loses their first witness or suspect, and a new member, who seems to be playing his own game for political reasons, joins them (this person is responsible for that first murder). They then realize that a third force has manipulated them into unknowingly confronting each other, following a false trail. The naive main character falls in love with a stripper (whom he has met but forgotten), who turns out to be an agent of an enemy force. She leads them into a trap and apparently commits suicide (but could still be alive) to sow confusion. The "dead" spy apparently worked for the rebels, or was perhaps a double agent linked to another entity (perhaps an Elysium nobleman). Finally, the team launches a decisive operation to capture a rebel agent, leading to an intense shootout, and a suspect escapes (she had previously been seen with the presumed dead rebel spy). That's a summary of what happened, if it helps.

I can't remember the reason, but back when it first started, Dev explained his reasoning behind no music and sound and that it would coming. If you are interested, it's probably in the first few pages (or you could use the search box).
This doesn't address the current state of the game, and no matter what may have been said or promised in the past, all that matters to me is what is present and therefore concrete as it stands. On the other hand, I tend not to take the developers' word for it, and the many lies and denials of some of them have made me vigilant on this point. I'll still take a look to see what's been said, but I'll treat it with circumspection and it doesn't change my opinion of the game, rather this kinetic novel or webcomic, for the time being. Thank you for your intervention.

Thanks to Cabin Fever for answering my question. Although I do not agree with your point of view, this internal justification of the scenario seems above all to compensate for the absence of functionalities, probably due to lack of resources or desire to develop them (this is also the case for the absence of animations). This is a fundamental aspect to confer character, if not an identity, and at least comfort of play for the player. This reinforces my impression of reading an kinetic novel or webcomic, without animations, sound design, soundtrack, meaningful choices; with a caricatured and naive main character, ill-suited to the role assigned to him. Some characters suddenly change their behavior, attitude or even personality (the main character, then two or three of his companions, Mireille & Elise and Lana). We can argue that these are character developments, or reveals of their true personalities, but it remains very sudden, without justification or subtleties and without gradual evolution. As for the other points you raise regarding the hero, they have already been discussed and depend mainly on your adherence to the personnality of the characters and the plot as they are written (this is of course your right but hardly a valid argument ). The main character is definitely too young, too naive, psychologically unstable and too impulsive in his decisions to be qualified for such a role. The fact that he has a preference for someone else to fill this role or his past experiences (trauma or life on Muiran) does not change the situation. It's almost a miracle that he survived his previous mission, and he is not qualified for a position of responsibility given his incompetence and lack of experience. The fact that he was seduced and cheated so easily by an enemy agent should have already disqualified him, and the command should sanctioned him and entrusted the reins to someone else (Mireille or Safiya are better equipped to lead this type of mission, Lana is unpredictable and impulsive for this role and her jealousy made her make mistakes). Moreover, the absence of charisma or engaging personality somewhat harms the interest in the main character without forgetting the failing qualities of the character himself, this writing defect, among others, for the heroes or characters main ones seems recurring around here.

Last edited:

Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
i really want to like this game, but everything there is seemingly falls flat. the mc is nothing more than a wet blanket, he is present for the sake of being present. pacing is very slow, the game is 3 chapters long so far and there is still not much going on. the choices don't really matter. the whole thing is just really disappointing.

Last edited:

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
Developer: Gallant Trombe - F95zone - -
Modder: LaikDink
I've made a small walkthrough mod for this game. This mod will highlight some recommended choices. Enjoy!!
P/s: Updated to Ch2 C.v7
Download: MEGA
View attachment 2208625 View attachment 2208629
will there be a new one for C3-6??

4.30 star(s) 70 Votes