VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes
Oct 21, 2022
Great foundation so far! Excited to see where it goes next. Hopefully there will be ample time between missions for doing minor things with the LI's so we can build a connection with them in free time and on the job.

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Developer: Gallant Trombe - F95zone - -
Modder: LaikDink
I've made a small walkthrough mod for this game. This mod will highlight some recommended choices. Enjoy!!
P/s: Updated to Ch2 C.v7
Download:
1670000618536.png 1670000696995.png

Last edited:

Juri my Waifu

Jan 21, 2018
ColorOfMySound-CH1EnhancedEdition
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​
Only on my computer that the torrent is in "Finding peers''?

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Just like I thought, blume is a she:cool:
It's a shame we cannot see the doctor again :cry:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Not really, the encode is focused on quality yet still reducing the size considerably with little to no quality loss. If i made another repack with 95% quality ratio for images and it will be virtually identical to original but the size reduction is not that good, the whole repack would be maybe 2-3 times bigger (aka prolly below 1GB).

Nope... not at all actually :geek: Don't believe me... try it yourself and compare the original image and one for my UQ Edition repack... you'll see ;) Be aware that this difference will be far more noticeable if you have big monitor/resolution so this is quite relative. I have small monitor/resolution so even encode done with 70% quality ratio for an image looks "decant" on my end.

This is not how this works tho... These repacks (aka compressed versions as they are more widely known here on f95zone) are focused on size reduction by sacrificing quality aka encoding the files and optimizing to find a good balance between quality and size. Mind you that these are not losseless repacks with pure compression on files (you know like fitgirl and dodi make them for aaa games) but we encode the files (images, videos and audio) themselves in favor to size reduction therefor they are lossy repacks. Sooner or later all devs will hit a reality check with size and they will either have to split the project (not a real solution imho) or optimized it cuz 1MB+ images, 10MB+ bitrate videos is really really unnecessary... unless you have big monitor/resolution and tons of HDD space where you really do not care about the file size... just know that there are some of us that do care :geek:

Sometimes... size really does matter :BootyTime:
Fair comments and you make good points. I didn't mean to offend. I fully accept the motivations and need for some players with limited bandwidth/disc space etc. I appreciate the work that you and the other repacker's do, and also take advantage of it myself for some games.

My point in this case was only that the compression seemed a bit too strong, based on my experience of the limitations of WEBP in the web development world. Personally I prefer no greater compression from the original JPEG than in the range of ~40% of original size.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
If you're only here for the pictures and think that pacing and atmosphere don't matter...
It's a visual novel, not a movie. It feels like you're driving down the road and hitting every single red light. Using hard=True only guarantees that the user can't move forward when they want to. They force your "pacing and atmosphere" upon the player instead of leaving it up to their choice.

The back me up:

In general, using hard pauses is rude. When the user clicks to advance the game, it's an explicit request - the user wishes the game to advance. To override that request is to assume you understand what the player wants more than the player does.

Calling renpy.pause guarantees that whatever is on the screen will be displayed for at least one frame, and hence has been shown to the player.

tl;dr - Don't use renpy.pause with hard=True.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I've made a small walkthrough mod for this game. This mod will highlight some recommended choices. Enjoy!!
Download: MEGA
Can I ask how you decided what the "recommended" choices should be? As far as I understand the consequences of nearly all of the choices are still very unclear.... :unsure:

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Can I ask how you decided what the "recommended" choices should be? As far as I understand the consequences of nearly all of the choices are still very unclear.... :unsure:
I think just like when I saw the command sentence True or False, I will make the recommendation

• Thinking Face
Reactions: osanaiko

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
It's a visual novel, not a movie. It feels like you're driving down the road and hitting every single red light. Using hard=True only guarantees that the user can't move forward when they want to. They force your "pacing and atmosphere" upon the player instead of leaving it up to their choice.

The back me up:
Renpy was initially designed for traditional eroge made with sprites and background art. The games in this genre have changed, evolved. I added those hard stops to control the pacing so I can show the vision I wanted to present. If you don't like it, feel free to mod it as you see fit :giggle:

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes