VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
Might not be something I'd play (male protag reason) but this is probably the first time I've seen a 3D VN with genuinely fucking great looking models. Read your note, you're doing some good work on your first game. Keep that shit up.

Reactions: osanaiko

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Wait it isn't chapter 2 but a slight rework?

Reworked and expanded some scenes and added more dialogue, afaik.

Chapter 2 is out on the Dev's tho! :giggle:
Ah I see²
Are there animations added? would be nice
No, "Chapter 2" is not a rework.

The current download in the OP (as of 2022-12-6) is "Chapter 1 Enhanced Edition".

This version is based on the previous "Chapter 1 Finale (v9)" release. In has one major rework that is an enhancement of an introductory scene, and also an extension to a sex scene, some minor changes to dialogue, and the addition of some background music and sound effects.

The current (as of 2022-12-6) high-tier Patreon exclusive is "Chapter 2 - Part A". This is entirely new content. It hasn't leaked yet but probably will soon enough.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Very nice to play the Enhance Edition get caught back up love the improvements I also notice sound effects. I really enjoy the game great work Gallant Trombe. P.S. I'm wondering in the future will there be any type of music in the game.
I want to add music. I actually didn't like the sound I added all that much, I think it will be better with music. But for now, I'm focusing on Chapter 2B and beyond. Music isn't a priority at the moment.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I finally got around to playing the latest update. I will have to say I'm not a fan of the "updated" intro story. I liked that Blume was kind of mysterious and ambiguous. person? AI? we don't know. Now we see her. I hated the "explain the white hair with hair dye" portion. It could have been a great "war turned my hair white" flashback storyline. I kind of stopped playing this update when we got to meeting the team. I started out loving the game when it first released, but I had started to move away from it with subsequent releases. Just didn't fit my feelings for the story. I hope Gallant Trombe makes the game they want, I know the game I'm working on is going to be my vision not the "fans", but it turns out I don't think this one is for me. I have said that before about books I've tried to read many times but couldn't get into and then at some point pushed through and loved them. That may be the case here later on. I'm not going to click "ignore" on this one, I'm just not going to check into the updates for quite a while.
Still one of the best looking games out there.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
I finally got around to playing the latest update. I will have to say I'm not a fan of the "updated" intro story. I liked that Blume was kind of mysterious and ambiguous. person? AI? we don't know. Now we see her. I hated the "explain the white hair with hair dye" portion. It could have been a great "war turned my hair white" flashback storyline. I kind of stopped playing this update when we got to meeting the team. I started out loving the game when it first released, but I had started to move away from it with subsequent releases. Just didn't fit my feelings for the story. I hope Gallant Trombe makes the game they want, I know the game I'm working on is going to be my vision not the "fans", but it turns out I don't think this one is for me. I have said that before about books I've tried to read many times but couldn't get into and then at some point pushed through and loved them. That may be the case here later on. I'm not going to click "ignore" on this one, I'm just not going to check into the updates for quite a while.
Still one of the best looking games out there.
Hey, you do you, no problem. I can't flip-flop my vision based on how each person perceives my game. The two examples you brought up are interesting though. I'll explain my reason for it without spoiling, you can decide if you agree or not.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Hey, you do you, no problem. I can't flip-flop my vision based on how each person perceives my game. The two examples you brought up are interesting though. I'll explain my reason for it without spoiling, you can decide if you agree or not.

I liked that Blume was kind of mysterious and ambiguous. person? AI? we don't know. Now we see her. I hated the "explain the white hair with hair dye" portion. It could have been a great "war turned my hair white" flashback storyline.
Hey GT... Loving the new update thus far except I have to agree on both of HogRocket's points.

Blume should be a mystery at first. That was not a hint but rather a slap in the face realization that Blume is not an AI. No further mystery...

And, I prefer the "war turned my hair white" explanation to coloring it as well. Not sure where you got hair "blanching" but that does not fly in the states by any stretch of the imagination regardless of what Elle magazine says. (Yes, I looked that shit up! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:) In the states, folks color, dye or bleach their hair. Those are the commonly accepted terms. In all honesty, the easiest way to get that stark white color is hydrogen peroxide, commonly referred to as "peroxide blonde." However, that process can easily damage your hair to the point it becomes brittle and breaks right off.

Coloring MC's hair just tells me that the war only did a half ass job in traumatizing him. You should reconsider changing at least that point. Having the trauma of war turn his hair white is just better story telling. I will not tell you how to write but will encourage you to go with your initial instincts rather than waffle about changing things like these. You were on a perfect trajectory... now... IDK. Still playing the update at present. Not going to let two small items I see as mistakes ruin the whole show but still have to say that your initial ideas for presenting Blume as a mystery and the "war turned my hair white" were much better than what you have now.

The sound effects are a nice addition however we still need music... desperately... I gave some more thought as to how to handle music and MC's perception of it after the "Day of Infamy." Maybe it should be a muffled sound like when your neighbors play their music too loud but all you can hear is the throb of the beat with zero clarity in the mid and upper ranges... kind of like living inside a subwoofer. You could even use that technique to show from who's point of view you are referring, like in the scene with Dizzy early on... all MC would hear is that muted throb of the bass with no clarity yet when Dizzy speaks, we hear the full track as it would be heard in the club by regular folks. MC hasn't gone deaf. It's just his perception of music that has been altered so none of the melody and harmony make sense to him after his trauma so all he hears is muffled, muted thudding. Does that make sense? As a retired pro musician, I have given this a lot of thought so I hope that made sense.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

I don't mean I wanted you to leave Blume as ambiguously humah/AI for the whole story, I just liked the feeling of uncertainty at first. I kind of hate the AI Controller trope too. Just a little later reveal would have......I won't say "been better" because it's just my opinion, lets just say that would have been my preference. Even as soon as the team was fully assembled.

As to his hair, I meant the type of thing like trauma literally turned his hair white naturally (which used to be a trope in classic literature :ROFLMAO:) . It's just a story preference for me. Choosing to dye his hair, although, fits well with the "remaking myself after tragedy" is fine - it happens aaaaalllll the time in real life. One minor detail is he says he started bleaching his hair "about a year ago" if I remember correctly but this picture of during the war shows him with white hair.

TheOfficer.png

That means he started bleaching his hair while he was on combat missions during the war. Not a problem, but the flow of the story by what he says makes it seem, to me, that the time from that picture to the time he makes his statement is longer than that, like he started doing it after the war. Just my perception of the event. If the statement had been "I started doing that a while ago" it would have flowed better for me.

This type of storytelling and especially on this site is rather unique because the "readers" see the work-in-process and can give feedback, bitching and conspiracy theories in real time. That's good and bad. Traditional authors don't have to put up with the bitching and unasked for feedback while they are writing, but they miss out on feedback that could be helpful. .
All of this is meant purely as feedback from my viewpoint, critique not criticism. There are things I like about it, including lots of the story, but it's just not right for me right now. I start books, only to put them aside until my mood fits the story. This might end up as my favorite title in 6 months :LOL:.

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes