VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
Can I ask how you decided what the "recommended" choices should be? As far as I understand the consequences of nearly all of the choices are still very unclear.... :unsure:
I think just like when I saw the command sentence True or False, I will make the recommendation
I interpret this cryptic answer as confirming what I already suspected...LaikDink is a TELEPATH. This venerable eminence knows the mind of Trombe better than Trombe himself and can predict the storyline years in advance. Who better to write a walkthrough?

Unfortunately, he also knows all of our credit card numbers and passwords.

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
I interpret this cryptic answer as confirming what I already suspected...LaikDink is a TELEPATH. This venerable eminence knows the mind of Trombe better than Trombe himself and can predict the storyline years in advance. Who better to write a walkthrough?

Unfortunately, he also knows all of our credit card numbers and passwords.
haha it's not like that

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Renpy was initially designed for traditional eroge made with sprites and background art. The games in this genre have changed, evolved. I added those hard stops to control the pacing so I can show the vision I wanted to present. If you don't like it, feel free to mod it as you see fit :giggle:
I understand the intent, it just comes off as annoying and fucks with my reading flow when the story constantly stops-and-starts. Every hard stop is a little kick to the balls of my immersion.

Of course I can just remove them from the script manually, but having to rewrite the game files to make it playable seems less than ideal.

Reactions: qaywsx

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
I'm wondering if we will wait another 4 months for re-do of next chapter without seeing any difference on story wise or we will actually see something new and progress the story,or maybe one step front,two steps back like 'Shut up and dance'. Just saying it's another re-do like many other games,where fans are losing patience. There are more and more brand new games with excelent graphics,awesome renders and great story( Race of Life,The Grey story,etc). I know that some devs are fan of re-doing for different reasons.Better hardware,showing off that they are getting better,etc,but for me it's the feeling they are stuck and buying time to continue with same quality, what usually end up with On Hold and Abandoned tag unfortunately. I hope this game won't share the same faith,because I really like it.

• Angry
Reactions: Cabin Fever

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
I'm wondering if we will wait another 4 months for re-do of next chapter without seeing any difference on story wise or we will actually see something new and progress the story,or maybe one step front,two steps back like 'Shut up and dance'. Just saying it's another re-do like many other games,where fans are losing patience. There are more and more brand new games with excelent graphics,awesome renders and great story( Race of Life,The Grey story,etc). I know that some devs are fan of re-doing for different reasons.Better hardware,showing off that they are getting better,etc,but for me it's the feeling they are stuck and buying time to continue with same quality, what usually end up with On Hold and Abandoned tag unfortunately. I hope this game won't share the same faith,because I really like it.
No more reworks. I only rework this once because the original scene was a placeholder I never replaced.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Renpy was initially designed for traditional eroge made with sprites and background art. The games in this genre have changed, evolved. I added those hard stops to control the pacing so I can show the vision I wanted to present. If you don't like it, feel free to mod it as you see fit :giggle:
There is one huge difference between eroge (utter shit IMHO) and what I see from Gallant Trombe and my other fab favorite AVN devs... You couldn't pay me to even consider playing eroge with all of the prepubescent looking pie eyed girls. It is distasteful and disgusting to me. Whereas what you are making, GT, as well as my other favorite devs, are truly beautiful works of digital art that are truly made with IRL adults in mind. I love what you do, my friend.

The more realistic the character models appear to my eye in the renders and animations, the more I like them. That puts what you create right on top with the very best of the best, GT. Thank you. I love what you are doing. Keep up the brilliant work, my friend.

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Badgerlad

Mar 3, 2020
Wow, been waiting for the final finale version of chapter one to play this "for real" after giving an earlier version a quick spin before deciding to wait for a bit more content. I'm both annoyed with myself for waiting, and pleased that I did. This chapter sets up the story really well, and I can't wait to see where it goes.

I've also never taken that many screenshots of a character's face. Mireille is just... perfect. Seriously, the most stunning facial renders I've seen in a VN. And Hilde is right on her tail. The only competition I can think of is, in the interest of not discussing other games in this thread, a certain redhead from a game involving the pursuit of our local star descending below the horizon.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I don't know if this is possible or not, but can it be made into an option in the preference? That would be a win-win for all if it's possible.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Honestly, posting this question when the early access of the next chapter has already came out even before the Chapter 1 re-do came out is rather odd, if not outright silly.

Reactions: osanaiko

captcha69

Apr 12, 2021
It's a visual novel, not a movie. It feels like you're driving down the road and hitting every single red light. Using hard=True only guarantees that the user can't move forward when they want to. They force your "pacing and atmosphere" upon the player instead of leaving it up to their choice.

The back me up:
is what the dev want it to be, if u want to cut parts of his work because it affect ur subjective vision of what a VN is or should be, that is ok too, im not saying that this game is a piece of art in term of "quality", with that being said, a writer is an artist, so if u want to experience his work the way he envisioned it, then, my opinion is, that we should let those the way they are. but again that is my subjective opinion.

cgehunter

Mar 3, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Color of My Sound [Chapter 1 Enhanced Edition v1] [Gallant Trombe] [UQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 2.52GB
Repack size: 393MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / PixelDrain / / /
MacOS = WorkUpload (EFO) (Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :alien:
Do hope you can compress the new update on Android soon chief.

• Sad
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

tuekop

Aug 26, 2020
Only on my computer that the torrent is in "Finding peers''?
Lol, torrent is the last place if you want to download files.
:KEK:

EDIT: since there is naïve and stupid pepol like me exist, the risk of you getting hack is really high. someone did hacked me in the past, i dont know how, i only know its started from torrent since that is the only option i can use to download the files,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
not from this site though. (just saying , better be safe rather than being naïve and dumb )

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 68 Votes