VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
:LOL:Do I have to explain it further? I don't think I can explain it further...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think the confusion about MC's hair is due to the usage of the word "blanching".

Blanching hair on the west side of Atlantic has everything to do with increasing hair volume and absolutely nothing to do with hair color. It is also an artificial hair styling method and literally can't happen naturally due to trauma.

Reactions: PussyDelendaEst
Oct 21, 2022
I think the confusion about MC's hair is due to the usage of the word "blanching".

Blanching hair on the west side of Atlantic has everything to do with increasing hair volume and absolutely nothing to do with hair color. It is also an artificial hair styling method and literally can't happen naturally due to trauma.
Plus he looks like a right nob :ROFLMAO:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
:LOL:Do I have to explain it further? I don't think I can explain it further...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No, I fully understand your point, I was just explaining why I felt like I did and that it was purely a "how I would have done it" explanation. Unlike a LOT of people on F95, I don't expect you to change for me and would be disappointed if you did change your vision for one person or small group :ROFLMAO:.

Unlike reading a book or playing a finished game, we here are seeing works-in-process and reacting to what we see at the moment. If I'd waited for this to be complete and played all the way through I would eventually see the things that (at this point) you are the only person that knows.

Voez1999

Jan 17, 2022
In any case if it's behind paywall i'll understand and respect that. The demo is good, thanks for that. Time to move on

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
In any case if it's behind paywall i'll understand and respect that. The demo is good, thanks for that. Time to move on
The game is available through it's current updates for free right here on F95, my friend. Those who are able to support the dev through Patreon should do so. However, what GT meant by "no public version" was there is no intention at present to publish on Steam or other public platforms. This is actually a pirate site. Many of the games here are pirated copies that are uploaded with or without the devs authorization. We are fortunate in this case to have the dev, Gallant Trombe, publishing the updates here for us to enjoy. As far as I know, the game will continue to be available free here on F95. The updates on F95 have been about a week or so after the Patreon release. Those who pay to support the dev should get first go but once they do, it is released here for everyone to enjoy. Hope that helps...

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

PS: I know it is difficult to believe that this is GT's first ever AVN effort based on the superior quality of the rendered graphics and intricate detail of the story but Color of my Sound is, in fact, GT's first ever AVN. So, it's good to have the actual dev participating in sharing the game and conversing in forum. :) Thanks GT! :)

Last edited:

Voez1999

Jan 17, 2022
The game is available through it's current updates for free right here on F95, my friend. Those who are able to support the dev through Patreon should do so. However, what GT meant by "no public version" was there is no intention at present to publish on Steam or other public platforms. This is actually a pirate site. Many of the games here are pirated copies that are uploaded with or without the devs authorization. We are fortunate in this case to have the dev, Gallant Trombe, publishing the updates here for us to enjoy. As far as I know, the game will continue to be available free here on F95. The updates on F95 have been about a week or so after the Patreon release. Those who pay to support the dev should get first go but once they do, it is released here for everyone to enjoy. Hope that helps...

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

PS: I know it is difficult to believe that this is GT's first ever AVN effort based on the superior quality of the rendered graphics and intricate detail of the story but Color of my Sound is, in fact, GT's first ever AVN. So, it's good to have the actual dev participating in sharing the game and conversing in forum. :) Thanks GT! :)
I mean i appreciate the elaborate essay and im fully aware that this site is pirated. What i'm saying is simply that if they would ever lock the game behind paywall i would understand. They have every right to do so. But thanks for clarifying its appreciated
And also you are right for a first timer this is good. It's not hard to believe but it is rare. I'd definitely put this up there with the likes of Artemis for a quality first avn.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I mean i appreciate the elaborate essay and im fully aware that this site is pirated. What i'm saying is simply that if they would ever lock the game behind paywall i would understand. They have every right to do so. But thanks for clarifying its appreciated
And also you are right for a first timer this is good. It's not hard to believe but it is rare. I'd definitely put this up there with the likes of Artemis for a quality first avn.
Please forgive my verbose manner. I have a tendency to run on and on about things I enjoy.

I suppose that I simply could've said...

Pay wall? Ain't gonna happen!:devilish: Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

Reactions: xapican

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
No plans for public release, for now... I'm still trying to figure all this out. :unsure:
Nothing wrong with taking your time. I know you've said you hope to have a Steam release at some point, but have you considered putting the game up on Itch as well? That seems be a reasonably decent #2 revenue source for some of the games I follow that haven't made it to Steam yet. Or if you don't want to offer chapter 2 for sale yet, you could at least offer chapter 1 as a free/pay what you want download there and link to your Patreon page. No pressure of course (Itch isn't even paying me to say this, the cheap, indie bastards!), but it's one thing you could do to get to the word to a potential audience that might not be on F95Zone yet and wouldn't otherwise by aware of the game.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Nothing wrong with taking your time. I know you've said you hope to have a Steam release at some point, but have you considered putting the game up on Itch as well? That seems be a reasonably decent #2 revenue source for some of the games I follow that haven't made it to Steam yet. Or if you don't want to offer chapter 2 for sale yet, you could at least offer chapter 1 as a free/pay what you want download there and link to your Patreon page. No pressure of course (Itch isn't even paying me to say this, the cheap, indie bastards!), but it's one thing you could do to get to the word to a potential audience that might not be on F95Zone yet and wouldn't otherwise by aware of the game.
I agree, my friend. When dealing with a masterpiece like this... it is best to savor all the little details...;)(y)

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
The plan is to release on itch when Ch2.B is ready.

I never explained why Ch2 is behind a paywall here, so I guess I can go into that.

The simple reason is that I want to sell the game on itch and steam eventually. And if I'm going to sell it, it just doesn't make sense to make the entire game available for free on an official level. It doesn't seem fair to those that bought it and not knowing it was free elsewhere. I know certain popular games do that and get away with it. But it just doesn't make any sense to me from a consumer point of view. Sure, if it is a model like Patreon where the idea is less about selling something, but more about providing continuous support to an artist to keep working on something, that's fair. But when it is sold as a product, that's completely different.

So, no matter how I think of it, I just can't reconcile the two models. Either I don't ever sell it as a product and keep CoMS a freeware, or I sell it as a product and cannot offer it for free myself.

Look, I know where I am posting this message, I myself am of course a user here, so I know what that means. I just can't say what I think personally. It doesn't seem fair to those who paid.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The plan is to release on itch when Ch2.B is ready.

I never explained why Ch2 is behind a paywall here, so I guess I can go into that.

The simple reason is that I want to sell the game on itch and steam eventually. And if I'm going to sell it, it just doesn't make sense to make the entire game available for free on an official level. It doesn't seem fair to those that bought it and not knowing it was free elsewhere. I know certain popular games do that and get away with it. But it just doesn't make any sense to me from a consumer point of view. Sure, if it is a model like Patreon where the idea is less about selling something, but more about providing continuous support to an artist to keep working on something, that's fair. But when it is sold as a product, that's completely different.

So, no matter how I think of it, I just can't reconcile the two models. Either I don't ever sell it as a product and keep CoMS a freeware, or I sell it as a product and cannot offer it for free myself.

Look, I know where I am posting this message, I myself am of course a user here, so I know what that means. I just can't say what I think personally. It doesn't seem fair to those who paid.
I own many AVN titles on Steam and still DL them from here to play outside of Steam's purview. I hate Steam and other 3rd party sites like it. I only use them because I must, not because that is my preference. If itch.io had better search functionality, I would be more inclined to use it but it doesn't so I don't.

Your game, your call, 100%, my friend. But, I prefer to get my games here for free.

Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:

Reactions: EndlessNights
4.30 star(s) 68 Votes