VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 69 Votes

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
During the process of creating Chatper 1, the dev was directly releasing to F95, but now chapter 2 started that is no longer the case.

However, sometimes patrons will leak the newer releases.

The OP contains a link to Ch2 part A, although the version number in the description is not updated.

Patrons / Itch.io users have access to Ch2 Part B, but that has not leaked yet.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Gallant Trombe I started the game few days ago, and I just caught up to the latest update, and I have to say, I'm really digging the game.

I love the whole world-building you have going on with this universe (the Empire, the Three Houses, the Frontier, and Rebels), not to mention some great characterizations.
So far, we've only gotten introduced to SOS Nu squad members, and gotten to know the main Houses, but I'm hoping we get to know some Rebels characters as well soon enough.

Current favorite LI is Mireille, though I don't think there are actually any bad LI for any of the 7 main LIs (rest being June, Dizzy, Blanche, Lana, Elise, Safiya), each having their own quirks and very engaging attributes (heh, why am I getting the strong feeling that June = Empress of the Empire?)

Couple of questions to you:

1) Obviously above 7 are confirmed as main LIs (since they are in the main menu, not to mention the Dossier [though Safiya's slot is still in "?"]). But will they be all, or will there be more main LIs or side LIs?
Kinda wondering whether characters like Aria, Judge Hilde or any other new characters will be romanceable by MC in the future, or whether the door is fully closed, given that SOS Nu squad has been fully unveiled now.
Not asking this because I necessarily want more LIs (I'm fine either way tbh), but just curious because I've noticed some devs like to keep their LIs numbers pretty large (some games have up to 14 or 15 LIs), whereas some like to keep it pretty small (like 2 or 3).

2) Following is something I noticed while playing the game.
The Codex (oh, before I forget, good job on slowly adding stuff in dossier/glossary in little increments. Some games I noticed, have been adding terms/lore too much all at once, but your game I found has been adding entries little by little at just the right intervals without it feeling too much), it shows Mireille's dossier as the following:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regardless, love the game and will continue to keep tabs on it for the future updates.

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Gallant Trombe I started the game few days ago, and I just caught up to the latest update, and I have to say, I'm really digging the game.

I love the whole world-building you have going on with this universe (the Empire, the Three Houses, the Frontier, and Rebels), not to mention some great characterizations.
So far, we've only gotten introduced to SOS Nu squad members, and gotten to know the main Houses, but I'm hoping we get to know some Rebels characters as well soon enough.

Current favorite LI is Mireille, though I don't think there are actually any bad LI for any of the 7 main LIs (rest being June, Dizzy, Blanche, Lana, Elise, Safiya), each having their own quirks and very engaging attributes (heh, why am I getting the strong feeling that June = Empress of the Empire?)

1) Obviously above 7 are confirmed as main LIs (since they are in the main menu, not to mention the Dossier [though Safiya's slot is still in "?"]). But will they be all, or will there be more main LIs or side LIs?
Kinda wondering whether characters like Aria, Judge Hilde or any other new characters will be romanceable by MC in the future, or whether the door is fully closed, given that SOS Nu squad has been fully unveiled now.
Not asking this because I necessarily want more LIs (I'm fine either way tbh), but just curious because I've noticed some devs like to keep their LIs numbers pretty large (some games have up to 14 or 15 LIs), whereas some like to keep it pretty small (like 2 or 3).

The Codex (oh, before I forget, good job on slowly adding stuff in dossier in little increments. Some games I noticed, have been adding terms/lore too much all at once, but your game I found has been adding entries little by little at just the right intervals without it feeling too much), it shows Mireille's dossier as the following:

Regardless, love the game and will continue to keep tabs on it for the future updates.
Oh dear, JJJ84 has begun his thousand-question invasion! Please don't turn this into another TDLF situation. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, you expect someone with an aptitude for subterfuge and has an agenda of her own that doesn't necessarily align with the MC's to be completely truthful in what she says?

• Haha
Reactions: JJJ84

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Oh dear, JJJ84 has begun his thousand-question invasion! Please don't turn this into another TDLF situation. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, you expect someone with an aptitude for subterfuge and has an agenda of her own that doesn't necessarily align with the MC's to be completely truthful in what she says?
Honestly, just finished the actual version (the A one, I don't have the B yet), and I could say no one is completely truthful so far, even the MC.

Wasn't sure if I liked it when I started it earlier today, but totally got into it, mainly because of that, can't really trust anyone, brings another kind of dynamic.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Heh, don't worry, wouldn't consider flooding this thread with questions....yet (though who knows what might happen in the future :KEK: ).

As for Mireille, what I thought was the following:

Reactions: PapaPhat

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The Codex (oh, before I forget, good job on slowly adding stuff in dossier/glossary in little increments. Some games I noticed, have been adding terms/lore too much all at once, but your game I found has been adding entries little by little at just the right intervals without it feeling too much), it shows Mireille's dossier as the following:

Glad someone else noticed that like I did. Still not sure what to make of it, TBH.

Reactions: JJJ84 and PapaPhat

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
(heh, why am I getting the strong feeling that June = Empress of the Empire?)
I always thought she is with the rebels. I have the feeling she is aware of the attack although I can't point to what exactly. Then there are these two screens:
given that SOS Nu squad has been fully unveiled now.
That has been claimed before. ;)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC and the hotties all have different intel coming in. MC seems to have different handlers,
like this cabal of many crime bosses all clamoring to use this unit to hammer down on
those responsable for reckless/messy kills getting too public for confort
and/or factions getting too bold/out there for control.
As such, the A.I. gives MC this or that tid bit of info according to the crime boss at the buttons
on any given mission/period of mission briefing/debriefing.
Not everybody who happens to be wearing a tight white rain coat is wealthy or power oozing.
Heh, don't worry, wouldn't consider flooding this thread with questions....yet (though who knows what might happen in the future :KEK: ).

As for Mireille, what I thought was the following:

Glad someone else noticed that like I did. Still not sure what to make of it, TBH.
I always thought she is with the rebels. I have the feeling she is aware of the attack although I can't point to what exactly. Then there are these two screens:

That has been claimed before. ;)
MC gets conflicting info from his handlers and from the hotties because everyone is contending for his manipulation, so thread confidently where you want your hard throbbing weighted hammer to punch this or that hottie into the oblivion of passion.

Reactions: PapaPhat

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
MC and the hotties all have different intel coming in. MC seems to have different handlers,
like this cabal of many crime bosses all clamoring to use this unit to hammer down on
kills getting too public for confort and/or faction, so the A.I. gives MC this or that tid bit of info according to the crime boss at the buttons on any given mission.
Not everybody wearing a tight white rain coat is wealthy or power oozing.

MC gets conflicting info from his handlers and from the hotties because everyone is contending for his manipulation, so thread confidently where you want your hard throbbing weighted hammer to punch this or that hottie into the oblivion of passion.
I would think the ability to "thread confidently" is the least likely thing, considering everything going on in the game. That's probably one of the areas of greatest concern.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC seems to lack the basic understanding that he is the extension of a very powerful very cruel crime boss when he is acting commander of this squad, so being the hammer for the gods means a hella more weighted decisions and deliberate down right deadly conviction. Every soldier should see the fact they are the knuckles of their army, but the fists and heels and the whole body of that army will back them up pummeling all opposition to the smitereens.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Still not sure what to make of it, TBH.
She's halfway there then.... If she had told you she's an assassin you would keep an eye on her. Now you're just busy thinking she's a weird chick... But a goodlooking weird chick.... And before you know it you're distracted again, she already got your phone bugged dude! Pay attention!

Reactions: EndlessNights

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021

The Dossier is not wrong, but not 100% accurate, more like 99%. It isn't completely precise. You can say this is an unreliable narrator kind of situation. However, if you recall one of the things Mireille taught the MC... the truth is a powerful agent for deception.

From a storytelling standpoint, I wouldn't write lies and false information unless I absolutely have to. The expositions are true and you can rely on them to understand the plot and the characters. In this case, Mireille isn't answering the question for some reason, and you might find out why by the end of Chapter 2.

As for the LIs, I'm not going to confirm who is and who isn't. It takes away their mystique and possible fate in the story. ;) The squad is structured like a harem and I'll leave it at that.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
She's halfway there then.... If she had told you she's an assassin you would keep an eye on her. Now you're just busy thinking she's a weird chick... But a goodlooking weird chick.... And before you know it you're distracted again, she already got your phone bugged dude! Pay attention!
What are you talking about, "she's halfway there"? I completely do not trust her; it's a far cry from only thinking she's a "weird chick". Even if the codex shows information the MC himself doesn't have, as a player I'm even more distrustful of her. If she didn't have any ulterior motive, why would keeping the MC guessing benefit continued cooperation? If she is not trustworthy, she didn't do a very good job of allaying any suspicion, since an assassin would obviously never admit they were such unless they saw a benefit in doing so. What exactly is "there", then; halfway to what? Like Gallant Trombe (and Mireille herself) said, "the truth is a powerful agent for deception". Just because she might not technically be an assassin doesn't mean the MC should feel any easier around her.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
What are you talking about, "she's halfway there"? I completely do not trust her; it's a far cry from only thinking she's a "weird chick". Even if the codex shows information the MC himself doesn't have, as a player I'm even more distrustful of her. If she didn't have any ulterior motive, why would keeping the MC guessing benefit continued cooperation? If she is not trustworthy, she didn't do a very good job of allaying any suspicion, since an assassin would obviously never admit they were such unless they saw a benefit in doing so. What exactly is "there", then; halfway to what?
I still don't trust ANY of these girls. Yet, I still want to fuck them all into a cum coma:devilish:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
(heh, why am I getting the strong feeling that June = Empress of the Empire?)
Thinking about this again. It would be an interesting plot twist if she is both the Empress and a rebel. Something on the lines of the Empire is corrupt and needs to be completely recreated.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Like @Gallant Trombe (and Mireille herself) said, "the truth is a powerful agent for deception".
It will be very hard to see (both for the player and the MC) if something is the truth or a blatant lie most of the time...
Personally i would just translate it as a warning to MC to not blindly trust them (and her) and be careful not to be used for the wrong reasons... MC already has little reason to trust any of the houses, so it makes sense they will need to bring truths to the table to get MC to do what suits them...

And how loyal is Mireille to house Utica? Seems to me her loyalty was to house Seidel first... Most of the team are orphans, one lost her house, another her memories, yet another her foster family.... Why would you send them to represent you if this team is that important for your house? With those backgrounds they sound more like the ones you would send on suicide missions to be honest... Perhaps Mireille tries to tell MC her reasons for being there aren't for Utica... but for Seidel...

Same counts for the MC , he's been jailed for possible treason. The army can't use him any longer for military command with that history. So how much deception is there from his own superiors? There's blume that can see anything he does whenever she wants, she not only monitors him but through him she can observe any of the other team members too, and not only that, she also decides what info to give him and when....

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
why am I getting the strong feeling that June = Empress of the Empire?
That would be interesting!!

I always thought she is with the rebels.
It is clearly hinted at that. And I learned to distrust pretty much everything that is easily hinted.

Which starts the standard circular thought: too obvious, cannot be -> therefore, best way to deceive the reader is to go for the obvious -> but then you should definitely distrust the obvious -> so definitely it is the obvious -> no way, as you can do much better but leaving the obvious at point view and hide the truth behind half-lies, half-truths...

Anyway, I doubt we will learn every time soon. But the fact that we are wondering, means the novel did a great job at keeping us intrigued!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
That would be interesting!!

It is clearly hinted at that. And I learned to distrust pretty much everything that is easily hinted.

Which starts the standard circular thought: too obvious, cannot be -> therefore, best way to deceive the reader is to go for the obvious -> but then you should definitely distrust the obvious -> so definitely it is the obvious -> no way, as you can do much better but leaving the obvious at point view and hide the truth behind half-lies, half-truths...

Anyway, I doubt we will learn every time soon. But the fact that we are wondering, means the novel did a great job at keeping us intrigued!
June being the Empress might be an interesting wrinkle given quite a number of folks seem to be saying she's likely to be a Rebel (not like my intent is to be a contrarian, but I guess I do in a way favor the whole "expect the unexpected" route, heh).

It might explain following things:

- Why MC is favored in the Empire and is their poster boy (sure, he has the reputation for winning the battles, but would that alone really be enough, to be put in charge of SOS Nu? Getting a feeling that someone high up has a huge faith/trust in MC. And if that person is June as Empress, the puzzle I guess sort of fits).
- The silhouette of the Empress, which is shown (along with the 3 Great Houses) when Blume explains to MC, does look very similar to what June's, out of all female characters revealed till now
- All the Houses, through the means of intrigue, seem to getting their representatives to Mireille (biggest proponent would be House Utica through Mireille, but there's definitely glimpses of it through Safiya with House Galiena, and also Elise through House Rosenheim as well [implied through her Aunt's instructions on coms], and their reasons aren't explained why.
What if these Houses got the intelligence that the Empress has affections for the MC and trying to one-up each other by sending their own representatives to influence the MC?
Just their own chess game of political intrigues and MC is their most valuable piece to win it all in the end (for their House to gain the most power).

Ngl, something like above would actually interest me quite a bit.
Not saying I would dislike the June = Rebel reveal if it turns out that way, but I'm somehow seeing more possibilities for storylines with the Houses etc with June = Empress scenario.

Though, I'm guessing those folks (who think and support Rebel scenario more) will have quite a few of good theories as well.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
June being the Empress might be an interesting wrinkle given quite a number of folks seem to be saying she's likely to be a Rebel (not like my intent is to be a contrarian, but I guess I do in a way favor the whole "expect the unexpected" route, heh).

It might explain following things:

- Why MC is favored in the Empire and is their poster boy (sure, he has the reputation for winning the battles, but would that alone really be enough, to be put in charge of SOS Nu? Getting a feeling that someone high up has a huge faith/trust in MC. And if that person is June as Empress, the puzzle I guess sort of fits).
- The silhouette of the Empress, which is shown (along with the 3 Great Houses) when Blume explains to MC, does look very similar to what June's, out of all female characters revealed till now
- All the Houses, through the means of intrigue, seem to getting their representatives to Mireille (biggest proponent would be House Utica through Mireille, but there's definitely glimpses of it through Safiya with House Galiena, and also Elise through House Rosenheim as well [implied through her Aunt's instructions on coms], and their reasons aren't explained why.
What if these Houses got the intelligence that the Empress has affections for the MC and trying to one-up each other by sending their own representatives to influence the MC?
Just their own chess game of political intrigues and MC is their most valuable piece to win it all in the end (for their House to gain the most power).

Ngl, something like above would actually interest me quite a bit.
Not saying I would dislike the June = Rebel reveal if it turns out that way, but I'm somehow seeing more possibilities for storylines with the Houses etc with June = Empress scenario.

Though, I'm guessing those folks (who think and support Rebel scenario more) will have quite a few of good theories as well.
I overall believe it would be interesting if that is the case.

I would say your first argument is very supportive of that idea (not like necessarily implies it, thought), specially given that MC himself that high command in the Navy are not taking into account what he did, which we do not know how, but clearly he fucked up.

The silhouette of the empress could simply be wishful thinking. I would say it is very hard to tell on that to the point that I doubt there is objectively any reason to, but I will give you the benefit of doubt.

I strongly dislike the third argument, though. More than anything, if the argument is just what you said: the Empress has affections for the MC. That would really be disappointing in my opinion. Besides, MC was totally in danger several times. Would such a simple-minded Empress, that instead of prioritizing the well being of the Empire by putting the best MC, would choose the guy she likes to be in danger constantly? If that is the case, a very less interesting character than a powerful, cunning empress that is willing what needs to be done for the sake of the Empire.

On the other side, supporting your statement, is the planet where MC was at the beginning. If I remember right, that was precisely the capital.. Although this is can mean anything. In fact, forcing the argument for all we know, she might be a sister of the empress, jealous that she doesn't have a crown, kind of like Scar in The Lion King.

So... I wouldn't worry too much about her yet, we have too little information. I do know myself: I am hoping for a real Empress, a total beauty, smart, cunning, manipulative, even cruel when necessary, looking out for her and her kingdom. We'll see.

4.30 star(s) 69 Votes