Grimlar

Jun 22, 2021
Mari would like to have a word with you. :cool:
Noted, my apologies to Mari and the others for my memory lapse.
As for Jamie I have to assume that we will see her blossoming a bit later in the story, otherwise I fear for her being left behind again. (For some reason I just thought of the film 'Grease' for the first time in many years with the late transformation of ONJ's character. Hope if they do go down that route that its done a bit better than the film though. That was too abrupt.)

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
So she's really Step-Mom? No Ipatch planned to "fix" this, or does it conflict with the story? Always makes me sad, when coming home doesn't involve a little wincest ;)

Reactions: Randeep44

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
So she's really Step-Mom? No Ipatch planned to "fix" this, or does it conflict with the story? Always makes me sad, when coming home doesn't involve a little wincest ;)

pcandmom photo.jpg

This is the photo of the young MC with his mom on the wall of the living room.

Lisa is not MC's mom. MC's mom died when he was young. It's a fairly big part of the story.

Grimlar

Jun 22, 2021
Noted, my apologies to Mari and the others for my memory lapse.
As for Jamie I have to assume that we will see her blossoming a bit later in the story, otherwise I fear for her being left behind again. (For some reason I just thought of the film 'Grease' for the first time in many years with the late transformation of ONJ's character. Hope if they do go down that route that its done a bit better than the film though. That was too abrupt.)
Having gone through some more dates with Jamie and hearing about her interest in making new friends, and getting 'busy' multiple times a day, Im sure we will see her develop more, although I guess its something that will need to be handled carefully. I still think she needs nother interest.

On a related but more general note, the game is tagged as harem, I guess Im wondering if thats something the dev set or not?

The reason I mention it is because as interesting as some of the girls are, I think some of them are unlikely to ever be comfor5able within a harem relationship. Kendra and Izzy for example, (though skillful writing could prove me wrong,) Juliana, Gertrude and Jez too, but for different reasons, some of the others too.

It would be nice if after collecting members of a 'harem' a game (not necessarily this one,) allowed the MC to help find a decent exit route for a former partner once it became clear it wasnt going to work, it could even be a game mechanic of sorts, reducing tensions within the remaining group to the point where a long term future becomes viable.

It would also be interesting to see different types of relationship within a harem, by which I mean why does harem have to mean everybody in bed together at the same time? Its not how the term was used historically so far as Im aware.

Most harem VN's seem to spend the majority of the game with the MC romancing a group of women individually. So, rather than all the women suddenly discovering they are bi and never knew, (only about 8% people have ever had feelings for their own gender in their lifetime, with less than 4% actually identifying as LGBT, according to USA surveys,) surely it makes more sense for at least some of the women to agree to share, but each have their own space within the group, Ie Jamie gets Monday, Tammy gets Tuesday etc and the weekend is shared family time, ie walk in the park or something. There could even be friends with benefits, ie a mainly lesbian couple could join the group at birthdays/christmas, or platonic options, ie an exclusive couple who want to be part of the family but arent interested in sex outside their own pairing.

Provided people are honest with each other (harder than it sounds I know,) and are clear where the expectations and boundaries are I think its as likely to work as any other arrangement. But maybe Im deluding myself.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I'm an incest fan myself, I wrote a few words about that in my review:

"Incest fans like me have to turn up our suspension of disbelief a notch, because the story is written in a way, that MC's actual mother died years ago and he comes home to his step-mom and her daughter from an earlier relationship. You CAN change the way you call each other to sis/bro/mom, and 95% of the time that works fine, but sometimes the story talks about your (deceased) mom or something similar. It would need a rewrite of the story to make an actual iPatch, but since only the dev knows where the story is going, I don't think that makes sense while the game is still in development.
Usually I don't like these "inbetween" solutions, but in this case I can live with it. The rest is just too fine to ignore the game. "

Also, but that is wild speculation at this point, I think that MC's real (deceased) mom will play some role later in the story. My theory is that the (quantum physicist) father was working on a way to either undo her death somehow or travel to a parallel universe where she is still alive.

On a related but more general note, the game is tagged as harem, I guess Im wondering if thats something the dev set or not?
From the dev's FAQ:

- Are there any negative consequences when I date multiple/all characters?
No, you can date all of the characters simultaneously if you'd like. Some story elements may change later in the game based off who you are dating, but there will be no negative consequences.

It is important to understand what the [harem] tag means in that context. On f95 the definition is
"Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]"
Simultaneously doesn't necessarily mean with each other as well, just that multiple persons have sexual relations with the MC, knowing they are not the only ones. (I am pretty sure that the future of the game will include at least some threesomes though.)

Will they end up in a literal harem, living together, happy to serve only the MC and forget their personalities, friends, and family? No. I think that is one of the most important things to keep in mind. The potential LIs all have backstories, personalities, and their own life. Some of them will have sex with other people than MC. Like Izzy, who is very open about it or Mrs McGee who pretty sure has sex with her husband. If some players don't like that, they can choose not to pursue those characters. Even Juliana - who is still a virgin - talks about how she wants to have sexual experiences with different people.
That's one of the things I like about that game. The LI's are at eye-level with the MC. They are not just "collectibles", there to fall for him and get him off.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Hey guys! Just a little heads up - Come Home is now in the Steam store:

The game is going to be free-to-play and available October 1st. If you have Steam, even if you don't intend to play the game, please check out the game. Follow the game. Add it to your Wishlist. That really helps people notice the game and will help improve it's launch.

Thanks so much! I'm so excited about this!

Last edited:

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Having gone through some more dates with Jamie and hearing about her interest in making new friends, and getting 'busy' multiple times a day, Im sure we will see her develop more, although I guess its something that will need to be handled carefully. I still think she needs nother interest.

The reason I mention it is because as interesting as some of the girls are, I think some of them are unlikely to ever be comfor5able within a harem relationship. Kendra and Izzy for example, (though skillful writing could prove me wrong,) Juliana, Gertrude and Jez too, but for different reasons, some of the others too.

It would be nice if after collecting members of a 'harem' a game (not necessarily this one,) allowed the MC to help find a decent exit route for a former partner once it became clear it wasnt going to work, it could even be a game mechanic of sorts, reducing tensions within the remaining group to the point where a long term future becomes viable.

It would also be interesting to see different types of relationship within a harem, by which I mean why does harem have to mean everybody in bed together at the same time? Its not how the term was used historically so far as Im aware.

Most harem VN's seem to spend the majority of the game with the MC romancing a group of women individually. So, rather than all the women suddenly discovering they are bi and never knew, (only about 8% people have ever had feelings for their own gender in their lifetime, with less than 4% actually identifying as LGBT, according to USA surveys,) surely it makes more sense for at least some of the women to agree to share, but each have their own space within the group, Ie Jamie gets Monday, Tammy gets Tuesday etc and the weekend is shared family time, ie walk in the park or something. There could even be friends with benefits, ie a mainly lesbian couple could join the group at birthdays/christmas, or platonic options, ie an exclusive couple who want to be part of the family but arent interested in sex outside their own pairing.

Provided people are honest with each other (harder than it sounds I know,) and are clear where the expectations and boundaries are I think its as likely to work as any other arrangement. But maybe Im deluding myself.
In the context of the harem, I also appreciate and like it that it does not automatically mean at some point there will be a big bi-sexual girl orgy with the MC. Now that's a complete fantasy saved for either mind control or some other fantasy scenario. I think when the harem tag is used, in most cases it should mean there is an option to date/romance/fuck multiple partners, without fear of negative consequences outside the usual pregnancy risks.

In this scenario all the parties are aware they are not exclusively monogamous except for in cases of the MC proposing or agreeing to a committed throuple/polyamorous relationship where he can choose from an approved list of either shared not not shared lovers. At some point some bi-sexual girls like Suzy and Tammy who are already acquainted and friends will be more than happy to have sex with the MC present, but not every girl is obligated to be bi-sexual and willing to join in some group sex.

There is also a chance that while I like incest personally, if Suzy and her mother became aware they were both dating the MC, they would allow the other their own time with him without 'making it weird' in a 3-4some. Then again, under the right circumstances and with the step-mom horny enough, who knows what may happen? :devilish:

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
(...) Suzy and her mother (...) under the right circumstances and with the step-mom horny enough, who knows what may happen? :devilish:
While I'd love to see that, I'm pretty sure it won't happen. The game is on very thin ice as it - even though Lisa and MC's dad are not married and so they technically aren't step-related I'm not sure that Patreon would be impressed should they ever take a closer look - but since Suzy and Lisa are blood-related it would be a Patreon death sentence to have the two of them even be in a sex scene together. Games have been kicked sent into review for less.

Last edited:

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
While I'd love to see that, I'm pretty sure it won't happen. The game is on very thin ice as it - even though Lisa and MC's dad are not married and so they technically aren't step-related I'm not sure that Patreon would be impressed should they ever take a closer look - but since Suzy and Lisa are blood-related it would be a Patreon death sentence to have the two of them even be in a sex scene together. Games have been kicked sent into review for less.
Oh I agree completely, outside of the step-cest, I don't see anything more going on than that, and I'm perfectly ok with it. While it would have been a little hotter if Suzy had grown up and spent more time with the MC like a true little sister, at this point their barely more than stepsiblings as it is, but its cute they still refer to each as brother and sister.

Reactions: Grimtown

MajorDespair

May 26, 2019
hey, first of all I am enjoying the game so far. However there is one tiny tiny fact that, as someone who know a fair bit about street drugs that i found a bit annoying. He mentioned his dad searching for Meth to slow his heart rate. This is impossible, Meth increases the heart rate by 2 to 3 times depending on how much you do, as it is a powerful stimulant (Meth Amphetamine) to slow the heart rate with a street drug he would need Heroin. Enough Heroin will stop the heart all together.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
hey, first of all I am enjoying the game so far. However there is one tiny tiny fact that, as someone who know a fair bit about street drugs that i found a bit annoying. He mentioned his dad searching for Meth to slow his heart rate. This is impossible, Meth increases the heart rate by 2 to 3 times depending on how much you do, as it is a powerful stimulant (Meth Amphetamine) to slow the heart rate with a street drug he would need Heroin. Enough Heroin will stop the heart all together.
Hi, is there any way you can tell me where he said that he was using meth to slow his heart rate? That is what I had originally, but I changed it like 4 or 5 updates ago. I must have missed somewhere, but doing a search through the code, I can't seem to find it. If you could point me to where he said it, I'd appreciate it.

Glad you're enjoying the game :)

MajorDespair

May 26, 2019
Hi, is there any way you can tell me where he said that he was using meth to slow his heart rate? That is what I had originally, but I changed it like 4 or 5 updates ago. I must have missed somewhere, but doing a search through the code, I can't seem to find it. If you could point me to where he said it, I'd appreciate it.

Glad you're enjoying the game :)
Cant find it's exact position without replaying whole thing I'm afraid, but if i remember correctly it was during a phone conversation with the detective if that helps :) if I get more time over next few days I'll try re-run through it quickly to see if i can pinpoint it better :)

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Cant find it's exact position without replaying whole thing I'm afraid, but if i remember correctly it was during a phone conversation with the detective if that helps :) if I get more time over next few days I'll try re-run through it quickly to see if i can pinpoint it better :)
Okay, thank you. I just checked and the phone conversation says "speed up his heartrate." It's possible that I changed it since the version you are playing though.

New update on Friday! Maybe I already fixed it lol.

Grimlar

Jun 22, 2021

From the dev's FAQ:

- Are there any negative consequences when I date multiple/all characters?
No, you can date all of the characters simultaneously if you'd like. Some story elements may change later in the game based off who you are dating, but there will be no negative consequences.

It is important to understand what the [harem] tag means in that context. On f95 the definition is
"Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]"
Simultaneously doesn't necessarily mean with each other as well, just that multiple persons have sexual relations with the MC, knowing they are not the only ones. (I am pretty sure that the future of the game will include at least some threesomes though.)

Will they end up in a literal harem, living together, happy to serve only the MC and forget their personalities, friends, and family? No. I think that is one of the most important things to keep in mind. The potential LIs all have backstories, personalities, and their own life. Some of them will have sex with other people than MC. Like Izzy, who is very open about it or Mrs McGee who pretty sure has sex with her husband. If some players don't like that, they can choose not to pursue those characters. Even Juliana - who is still a virgin - talks about how she wants to have sexual experiences with different people.
That's one of the things I like about that game. The LI's are at eye-level with the MC. They are not just "collectibles", there to fall for him and get him off.
In the context of the harem, I also appreciate and like it that it does not automatically mean at some point there will be a big bi-sexual girl orgy with the MC. Now that's a complete fantasy saved for either mind control or some other fantasy scenario. I think when the harem tag is used, in most cases it should mean there is an option to date/romance/fuck multiple partners, without fear of negative consequences outside the usual pregnancy risks.

In this scenario all the parties are aware they are not exclusively monogamous except for in cases of the MC proposing or agreeing to a committed throuple/polyamorous relationship where he can choose from an approved list of either shared not not shared lovers. At some point some bi-sexual girls like Suzy and Tammy who are already acquainted and friends will be more than happy to have sex with the MC present, but not every girl is obligated to be bi-sexual and willing to join in some group sex.

There is also a chance that while I like incest personally, if Suzy and her mother became aware they were both dating the MC, they would allow the other their own time with him without 'making it weird' in a 3-4some. Then again, under the right circumstances and with the step-mom horny enough, who knows what may happen? :devilish:
My apologies for the delayed reply, and also for not explaining myself clearly enough.

My comment about Jamie was aimed mostly at her likely development within the confines of the story/next few updates we see in the game, that lead me to thinking in terms of how that development might affect her place within the harem.

My comment and speculation about the definition of the harem tag was mostly about the end game situation. (Thank you for clarifying that.) Ie the relationship of the characters going forwards once the story is done. Specifically that while all the characters are interesting, there are some, as you point out, that have their own interests and arrangements outside the 'harem' or that their personality would make it very unlikely that they would/could commit to a longer term relationship with the MC. On the other hand, I think that there are some LI's that would be very open to a continuing relationship of one form or another and a few others who could probably be persuaded. (The variety of different types of LI is I think a strength of this game and I would love to see it reflected in how the relationships play out at the end.)

The reason I mention it is that from my point of view how the story ends is almost as important as the journey itself, certainly in terms of my memory of the VN and whether I will think fondly of it/replay it.

I guess Im saying that I prefer VN's that explain where the characters you have followed, go after the game is over, hopefully to a satisfying ending that works for them in terms of their own context within the story, whether with or without the MC.

Regarding the definition of the 'harem' tag, I was unaware of the forum definition. To be clear I don't disagree with it, there needs to be one, and its not an easy thing to define.
Having said that, I think that to me, the idea of 'harem' needs to include more of the concept of being part of a group, ie an awareness of the other members and a choice to be part of it, not just a willingness to have sex with the MC and not be exclusive.
As I said previously the comments about harems were intended to be more general, not something specific to this VN.

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes