• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.10 star(s) 123 Votes

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
Hey Loys, may I ask if you are still working on the game or do you mainly work on my pleasure now? :x
Hey Cipherdragon ! VD is on hold, at the moment i spend almost all my available time on 'My Pleasure' - creating scenes and renders is probably the most time-consuming part of work. Forefinger writes and codes much faster then i create images.

Reactions: Webs

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Hey Cipherdragon ! VD is on hold, at the moment i spend almost all my available time on 'My Pleasure' - creating scenes and renders is probably the most time-consuming part of work. Forefinger writes and codes much faster then i create images.
What is VD?

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
What is VD?
My first game called "Vivid Days", it's on hold now. I screwed up a little because I overestimated my capabilities at the time the game was released. I did all the work myself, but for various reasons I stopped it in the process of working on version 0.2. After which I joined forces with another developer, and now we are working together on the game "My Pleasure", and I will return to VD later when i can. Therefore, respect to ttll for the fact that he alone does the amount of work that would be enough for several people.

Last edited:

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
My first game called "Vivid Days", it's on hold now. I screwed up a little because I overestimated my capabilities at the time the game was released. I did all the work myself, but for various reasons I stopped it in the process of working on version 0.2. After which I joined forces with another developer, and now we are working together on the game "My Pleasure", and I will return to VD later when i can. Therefore, respect to ttll for the fact that he himself is doing such a volume of work that would be enough for several people.
Vivid Days, first game from Loys :)
Thanks.

Reactions: Loys

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Holy Molly WTF???? 58K a month? That's like my annual income?
Take a look at his patreon page. He didn't hide it ;) Well, thing is from the very start of Summer Time Saga, DC was always a good communicant. He has natural born communication skills and his regular public streams on picarto back then skyrocketed his income + he always post free version himself for everyone. I think that all of this created a solid and trustworthy link with his fanbase.

Reactions: xXwankerXx and Loys

zappycomics

Jun 22, 2019
Take a look at his patreon page. He didn't hide it ;) Well, thing is from the very start of Summer Time Saga, DC was always a good communicant. He has natural born communication skills and his regular public streams on picarto back then skyrocketed his income + he always post free version himself for everyone. I think that all of this created a solid and trustworthy link with his fanbase.
hmmm interesting. Thanks for sharing. I guess, communication is a key for a success no matter whatever industry you are in.

Reactions: Kakato

zappycomics

Jun 22, 2019
Consider yourself lucky for that amount i need at least 10 years.
Still 58K a month is like that guy must be earning more than a CEO of a fortune company. I am not envious of him. I am happy for that guy. It is so amazing that there are so many platforms to make money if you're sincere about it. Sky is the limit.

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
Regarding those 58k, what most of you guys are failing to realise it's that Dark Cookie has a team working with him and they also get paid. So it's not like all that money goes to one person. I'm not saying they're not getting a pretty sum, but stop assuming that it's only one person profiting.

Reactions: Rolax

Farnuge

Mar 18, 2018
Still 58K a month is like that guy must be earning more than a CEO of a fortune company. I am not envious of him. I am happy for that guy. It is so amazing that there are so many platforms to make money if you're sincere about it. Sky is the limit.
CEO's of most American companies that are publicly traded, have fairly modest salaries, but are given stock grants when they meet certain performance criteria. So while 58k a month is almost 700k for a year, CEOs can easily make more than that.

A CEO might make 300k salary, and then perhaps be given 500k - 2,000k in stock grants. The company does well, the stock grants are larger, and worth more money. The company does poor, the stock grants aren't worth as much.

Second, the CEO pockets all that. Its his personal compensation. He'll have to pay appropriate taxes on his salary and his stock grants.

The 700k a year that Summertime Saga pulls down is NOT Dark Cookie's personal compensation. Not being an accountant, I'm not exactly sure how one would record bulk Patreon funding, but my guess is that its at least logged as Company income, which is then used to fund many things:

Whatever fees Patreon takes off the top.​
Wages for DC, Programmers, Riggers, Writers, Animators, Web Admins​
Pay ongoing costs of tools, webhosting fees, one time costs for music, ect​
I'd be surprised if DC pulled down more than 15k a month personally out of that, which is still a lot of money, but no where close to what a CEO of a fortune company makes. Not even what a CEO of a (less than 10k employee) company makes.

4.10 star(s) 123 Votes