Unity ComeCloser [v0.19.1] [ComeCloser]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

DarwinsTripod

Mar 28, 2022
So I downloaded the torrent for 0.15.
Something funny is happening though, It seem like its trying to load something as the headset starts stuttering. the game opens on my desktop and that about it. I'm sure the last version just worked without any issues.
Am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: LordBread

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
Seems quite promising, though from what I've played it's still lacking in terms of physics, most noticeably for the ass and not having throat bulging for deep oral. Hope we can also get support for more complete body tracking, I've got hip tracking more or less working with owotrack but it's not usable with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: spectrum498x

Else667

Jan 2, 2023
0.15 PC MEGA / GOOGLE DRIVE
0.15 APK MEGA / GOOGLE DRIVE

I'm not sure if literally copying the download links to here actually works but, worth a shot.
(Edited to add the mega links as well)
LordBread: i'm guessing this is the v0.15 beta version?

Everyone: Anyone else got issues with smooth locomotion in the nightclub? On my PC only teleportation seems to work. I suspect this is a issue with the Beta nature of this version.

Can anyone provide v0. 14 (non-beta)?

Last edited:

Wisher

Jul 4, 2017

Everyone: Anyone else got issues with smooth locomotion in the nightclub? On my PC only teleportation seems to work. I suspect this is a issue with the Beta nature of this version.

I am having the same issue with locomotion, only being able to use teleport in the nightclub, i assume as well its an issue with the beta version.

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
So is VR just really demanding on your PC or is the VR mode on this game horribly optimized?

My PC can run games like Wild Life, Lustland Adventure, Elden Ring, etc. which are much more visually impressive and seem like they'd be more demanding. On desktop mode the game is buttery smooth even on the highest settings and with other things running in the background like Steam and Chrome, but on VR mode it chugs and will usually crash when I attempt to load one of the chapters/environments.

All that said I really like what the dev is aiming for here. I hope that in the future the cloth/clothing physics can be expanded on further. I'd really like the ability to actually remove clothing (or just have more ways to move it) so we can pull down a panty/thong or pull the area covering the crotch to the side before going to town.

Edit: Went to the itch.io page and realized my graphics card is probably the issue. I have the Nvidia GTX 970 and the 1080 is the recommended minimum. :cry: Not sure why I can run the game just fine in desktop mode but VR mode runs so badly though.

Last edited:

LordBread

May 10, 2018

the devs have said that its an issue theyre gonna fix. ill likely update my post with .14 as well

Else667

Jan 2, 2023
So is VR just really demanding on your PC or is the VR mode on this game horribly optimized?

My PC can run games like Wild Life, Lustland Adventure, Elden Ring, etc. which are much more visually impressive and seem like they'd be more demanding. On desktop mode the game is buttery smooth even on the highest settings and with other things running in the background like Steam and Chrome, but on VR mode it chugs and will usually crash when I attempt to load one of the chapters/environments.

All that said I really like what the dev is aiming for here. I hope that in the future the cloth/clothing physics can be expanded on further. I'd really like the ability to actually remove clothing (or just have more ways to move it) so we can pull down a panty/thong or pull the area covering the crotch to the side before going to town.

Edit: Went to the itch.io page and realized my graphics card is probably the issue. I have the Nvidia GTX 970 and the 1080 is the recommended minimum. :cry: Not sure why I can run the game just fine in desktop mode but VR mode runs so badly though.
VR is much more demanding for your PC than conventional flat screen games.

For the latter, most people have a good and smooth experience once their hardware is capable to reach something between 30 to 60 fps at 1920x1080=2 million pixels.
If we talk about VR you are going to need about 90 fps (to prevent motion sickness) at about 2x1440x1600=2x2,3=4,6 million pixels. Of course this depends on your headset, the numbers are based on Valve Index, just to give you an idea. So we are talking roughly twice the pixels at twice the frame rate, which means you need 4 times the computing power to deliver the same visual quality in a way that feels smooth to you.

That being said, Come Closer doesn't seem well optimized to me. I played a lot of VR games that run faster while looking better.
However, hair and cloth physics seem to have a huge impact on performance. I suppose that's the reason why you hardly see such things in any games, VR or flat screen. I've never seen it to such an extend before. Disabling hair physics and setting cloth physics to medium solves my performance issues.

LordBread: Thank you so much!

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
Yeah I got a response from the dev and they said the same thing and gave a similar suggestion to turn off certain settings. Do hope the game can be better optimized in the future, but even if it is new additions to the physics like proper jiggling for the butts and fluid physics for things like saliva and cum will probably cancel out the optimizations and still require me to reduce the settings if I hope to get it running decently at all.

Bigsieboon

Apr 11, 2022

For the latter, most people have a good and smooth experience once their hardware is capable to reach something between 30 to 60 fps at 1920x1080=2 million pixels.
If we talk about VR you are going to need about 90 fps (to prevent motion sickness) at about 2x1440x1600=2x2,3=4,6 million pixels. Of course this depends on your headset, the numbers are based on Valve Index, just to give you an idea. So we are talking roughly twice the pixels at twice the frame rate, which means you need 4 times the computing power to deliver the same visual quality in a way that feels smooth to you.

That being said, Come Closer doesn't seem well optimized to me. I played a lot of VR games that run faster while looking better.
However, hair and cloth physics seem to have a huge impact on performance. I suppose that's the reason why you hardly see such things in any games, VR or flat screen. I've never seen it to such an extend before. Disabling hair physics and setting cloth physics to medium solves my performance issues.

With hair physics off I really like the bun on Lalago, she is really my favorite in this game.

• Love
Reactions: Captain Crash

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
Assuming you guys are talking about the hottie at the night club? She's pretty great, yeah. Don't care that much about boobs but the booty is fine. Lalago is great too though, not sure which I prefer.

Just wish the game had proper ass physics on the same level as the boob physics. That combined with the soft skin would be a sight to behold.

Banana674

Mar 21, 2022
Assuming you guys are talking about the hottie at the night club? She's pretty great, yeah. Don't care that much about boobs but the booty is fine. Lalago is great too though, not sure which I prefer.

Just wish the game had proper ass physics on the same level as the boob physics. That combined with the soft skin would be a sight to behold.
yeah I was wondering this, how do I enable soft skin or is it just not available for quest?

ComeCloser

Mar 13, 2021

You are right, most of the Time the GPU spend for the game is for the three following systems : dynamic hair, dynamic clothes and soft skin. The physics of the body is handled by the CPU.

These simulations are generally not present in games and they explain why ComeCloser requires such performances. You can observe the same kind of results in similar games like Virt-A-Mate or VR Hot. Also we are just a small indie team of err.. one coder ^^ I would like to hire a second coder but it's hard when players don't pay for the game ;)

Reactions: Captain Crash
3.50 star(s) 13 Votes