Ren'Py Abandoned Coming Back Home [v1.1.2] [Hidden Life Studios]

1.50 star(s) 6 Votes

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
I began to wonder why they so often take the story of coming home after a long break? Yes, the mother sees her son grown up and sees him as a man, but if they had not broken up, the bond between them would have been stronger (according to the player's feeling) and when intimacy began between them, the desired effect of incest and awkwardness would have been stronger.
So why the always homecoming story?

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
This game won't even start for me. Using Win 7 Pro 64, I've tried dbl clicking on it and running as admin and nothing happens...
Does it start and close immediately ? Sometimes it happens to me with Ren'Py games, what I do to fix it is hold SHIFT (the left one) while opening the game .exe and change the Renderer to ANGLE2 and then it works.

Reactions: Hidden Life Studios

D3ssel

Nov 15, 2016
Hidden Life Studios To the dev of this game and all others out there: Even as a "proof of concept", this right here is way, WAY too short.

Spend a few more months on the first release before you "unleash it" to the public. First impressions are VERY important when it comes to gathering possible future patrons and fans, and releasing things in such early stages like what happened here really is exponentially counterproductive.

All in all, there is barely anything to see, let alone to play. No matter what, a first release should never be just a couple of minutes long. You must give a least a little taste of what's to come.

I know you guys can do better. I'll be waiting to try it again when you guys actually have something significant to show. Who knows, maybe I'll even become a patron of yours in the future, right?

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
I'm simple man, I see loli, I download. I'm looking for this game growing bigger. Good luck with the project.

But, as others said, title could be bit more imaginative. Like...

Tragedy of missing father, aka unsatisfied mother.
The secret lust for the treasure inside sister's pants.
Coming back to home, hornier than ever.
The motherfucker, no longer a curse word.
Why has my ex-home turned into nudist colony?
Destined for happy family, with lots of incest babies.

Check any japanese title and you'll see those aren't even long :)

Hidden Life Studios

Game Developer
May 17, 2019
Hidden Life Studios To the dev of this game and all others out there: Even as a "proof of concept", this right here is way, WAY too short.

Spend a few more months on the first release before you "unleash it" to the public. First impressions are VERY important when it comes to gathering possible future patrons and fans, and releasing things in such early stages like what happened here really is exponentially counterproductive.

All in all, there is barely anything to see, let alone to play. No matter what, a first release should never be just a couple of minutes long. You must give a least a little taste of what's to come.

I know you guys can do better. I'll be waiting to try it again when you guys actually have something significant to show. Who knows, maybe I'll even become a patron of yours in the future, right?
We really thank you for your advice. This is our first game so is normal that we do some error like releasing it too son. Next time we will be more patient.
The next relase, that will be much much longer and full of content, will arrive near the end of the July, we hope. In any case, before september.

Reactions: D3ssel

Hidden Life Studios

Game Developer
May 17, 2019
I began to wonder why they so often take the story of coming home after a long break? Yes, the mother sees her son grown up and sees him as a man, but if they had not broken up, the bond between them would have been stronger (according to the player's feeling) and when intimacy began between them, the desired effect of incest and awkwardness would have been stronger.
So why the always homecoming story?
Homecoming stories have that certain feeling that other stories does not have.
Also, we are not enough creative to think to a brand new story, without using some cliche.
But you are wrong about one thing: the MC and his mother remain in touch. Only by message and calls (videcalls we decided that do not exists), but they remain in touch.
For last, the MC cannot be a guy that lives with his family normally and one day he decide that he want to fuck everybody and also the world is extremely horny near him. Simply is not belivable.

Hidden Life Studios

Game Developer
May 17, 2019
Looks at dev notes for future tags, then sees that pretty much every tag ever, could be added if people are interested.
Wow, that really inspires me, this dev clearly has vision for his games future.. sarcasm.. sarcasm... sarcasm..
Not for me.
Don't get us wrong. We have clearly in mind where the story will go, but, there can be as many side stories as we needs, with any content that we need.
With those tags we aimed to let the readers understand that this game can be what you are searching for, if you have the patience to wait for the relases and the will to help.

Hidden Life Studios

Game Developer
May 17, 2019
Future Tags he says :4Head:

NTR (n)
Dilf :WaitWhat:
Swinging :confused:
Bestiality :rolleyes:

I shall pray for NOT any of them :lepew:
I do not love those tags either.
NTR, Dilf and swinging are very closely related. We do not know yet if we will add them. But, if the answer is yes, we already know where and it will be an event that is easely avoidable.

Bestilaity is a tag that, along others, we do not like nor olan to add, but, if like all our patreons will ask for it, we are available to add it. Still, it will be avoidable and in an optional side story.

Hidden Life Studios

Game Developer
May 17, 2019
I do not mind short intro/demo first uploads, but this is one that leaves me severely underwhelmed. It only gives a basic snapshot of the possible render quality, as the poses and settings are quite basic. The translation needs to be improved. I would say something about the plot, but for now there is nothing to say about it, as there is nothing there to really talk about. I wish you success.
I know that you want to get feedback on your rendering ability, but you have to make it worth a person's time to use their upload capability, upload quota's (Like free MEGA), not everyone can afford unlimited.
We are sorry to have used your time and resources.
This is our first game. The settings and pose are simple and the render quality is poor, only for this reason. They will get better, we hope.
The translation too. We already hired an editor.

Hidden Life Studios

Game Developer
May 17, 2019
can you clarify in what way any sexual tags in future can be skipped/avoided can you make choices that will make them not happen or will they happen in the story but you dont see it
Will not happen.
It doesn't have any sense if it will happen anyway.
We will add also the possibility to skip it but let it happen away from your eyes, if you are happy with your choises but don't like it, or if is too late in the game to go back and change choise.
But, it will always be possible to not let the tags happen and will be, almost always, pretty clear what to choose.

Noid42

May 19, 2018
I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but in English, we say "back home", not "back to home"...
It bothered me too and I wasn't sure if I should leave a comment.
Honestly if the dev can't bother googling the title of his game... I'll probably skip this one.

Hidden Life Studios

Game Developer
May 17, 2019
Hmm... Let me see what I can think of off the top of my head
Back to the Start
Where you Belong
Coming Back Home
The March Home
A Fresh Start
Weenie Hut Home
Back to Bang My Sisters, Mom and Find out the Mystery of my Absent Father

Feel free to use any of the above Titles :)
At the end, there were too many people that pointed this, so we felt forced to choose and we choose "Coming Back Home" as you suggested. Thank you and we hope we don't regret our fast decision in the future.
As promised, you will named in the "About" screen.

Reactions: Alex2036
1.50 star(s) 6 Votes