dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
I downloaded the save to have a look through it. I waited until 9pm for the option to appear and progressed with the quest. Everything proceeded as normal. I tested it on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge using the latest HotFix.

Which Browser/device are you using to play the game?
Can you tell me at exactly what point your browser crashes, or which options causes it to crash?

For the game to be crashing the browser, it would imply that there is something about the game that the browser is having trouble loading. I'm not quite sure what the cause of the issue is so more specific detail is needed.
The browser was Comodo Dragon (It's a Chromium-based browser). No errors, just a crash. It happens when I click on the first button available after staring the movie night. Re-tried it with Edge and went through no problem. Guess it is a browser malfunction :)

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Started a new game by jumping to chapter 2. Went to the community center and got this when attempting to go into the storage room

You are in the Storage Room.

Error: cannot find a closing tag for macro <<nobr>>

Characters present at this location:

Leave (+5mins)

got this when attempting to talk to myself in the mirror ($lexi.title)

My interactions with Alli
Helping Carolina with her training
Being at the Resort with $lexi.title
My encounter with Alessa's Ex
The gang fight alongside Skin
The situation with Megan's $lexi.title
Sharing the visions with Kristen

Last edited:
Reactions: Future!Phantom

Future!Phantom

"Someone else might get it wrong"
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
I'm finding a lot of missing images (not because they are missing but because they are referenced incorrectly). Some are case based (eg. calling the directory 'Characters/CarolinaSweets' when it's actually 'characters/carolinasweets', Linux "issue" that's only popped up a small handful of times), but some are genuinely just wrong, like this line:
Code:
&lt;img src=&quot;resources/characters/carolinasweets/Intro/intro-01.webp&quot; alt=&quot;bathroom-01.webp&quot;/&gt;
This scene has several similar lines, the Intro directory doesn't even exist, nor does the filename in any of the ones that do. I've edited this line specifically to be:
Code:
&lt;img src=&quot;resources/characters/carolinasweets/MQ001/MQ001-101.webp&quot; alt=&quot;bathroom-01.webp&quot;/&gt;
This is just a guess, but seems to be correct. I've made similar changes for the other images in the scene (again just guesses).

I haven't played through the entire game yet but I suspect this won't be the last time I encounter the issue.
With the issue with casing, the example you gave has been corrected, and I have searched the code for any repeats of the same mistake, and it looks like your example was the only case of "characters" being written as "Characters". Even if some devices are not case-sensitive, since the game is played on a variety of devices, I still try and ensure that the code is the same case as the source files.

With regards to the issue with the "Intro" filenames, during this last update I renamed a lot of the source files, and edited the code at the same time. Whilst I'm confident 90% of the code works as intended, there may still be examples like yours that have snuck through. Also, your guess was spot on about how the code should look.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Both of these issues have been fixed and will be available with the next BugFix Update.

Reactions: bigguy_foryou

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
The browser was Comodo Dragon (It's a Chromium-based browser). No errors, just a crash. It happens when I click on the first button available after staring the movie night. Re-tried it with Edge and went through no problem. Guess it is a browser malfunction :)
I've not heard of Comodo Dragon or Chromium-based browsers. I know for certain that the game functions well on Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

It certainly seems like there is some kind of browser issue that causes the browser to crash when trying to load that part of the Quest, and if that's the case then that's not an issue that can be solved with the game code. (The game code is a simple as "when the player clicks here, go to this passage")

Reactions: dbp5ca

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Started a new game by jumping to chapter 2. Went to the community center and got this when attempting to go into the storage room

You are in the Storage Room.

Characters present at this location:

Leave (+5mins)

got this when attempting to talk to myself in the mirror ($lexi.title)

My interactions with Alli
Helping Carolina with her training
Being at the Resort with $lexi.title
My encounter with Alessa's Ex
The gang fight alongside Skin
The situation with Megan's $lexi.title
Sharing the visions with Kristen
Thanks for pointing this out. The issues with the <<nobr>> tag and "$lexi.title" visual error have been fixed and will be released with the next BugFix. (Whilst the <<nobr>> error will still appear in the meantime, the error shouldn't impede any quests).

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
When will the next onilne update will be posted?
There are a lot of sites like Gamcore that host the game online, but I have no direct admin or moderator abilities to control when the updates release. Based on how I've seen it in the past, the online versions on other sites are usually delayed by about a week.

I am looking into hosting our own dedicated online version of the game, and it is currently a goal on the Patreon Page. I used to use itch.io, but the game quickly exceeded their restrictions for browser playable uploads.

Deleted member 900601

Sep 21, 2018
Which characters name were reverting? Only 3 characters apart from the MC can be individually named, and as far I as I know there have been no issues with their new names loading in. Also, massively buggy is quite a vague statement, can you provide details of the bugs so that I can go about fixing them.
Both sisters reverted from given name to their default name after a few pages. The mom's names stayed the same though.

Example of generic massive bug: Opening Character then Quest panel. Pressing back on Quest screen will open up Character. Clicking back on Character screen will open up Quest, infinite loop right there unless you use the top left back arrow. Very annoying and considering you're often hopping between those two screens, it's something that will happen a lot.

Bunch of broken pictures with Kristen and Aleesa, less so for others. Noticed it on Carolina a few times as well. I think during one of the quest chat with Kristen in the community center, there were big red blocks of errors, 90% sure it's Kristen, otherwise it's Megan.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Both sisters reverted from given name to their default name after a few pages. The mom's names stayed the same though.

Example of generic massive bug: Opening Character then Quest panel. Pressing back on Quest screen will open up Character. Clicking back on Character screen will open up Quest, infinite loop right there unless you use the top left back arrow. Very annoying and considering you're often hopping between those two screens, it's something that will happen a lot.

Bunch of broken pictures with Kristen and Aleesa, less so for others. Noticed it on Carolina a few times as well. I think during one of the quest chat with Kristen in the community center, there were big red blocks of errors, 90% sure it's Kristen, otherwise it's Megan.
For Carolina and Alli, you don't set their name, you set the way in which the characters colloquially refer to each other. The game uses their names because those are their names. Lexi works slightly different and her title is used a lot more since incest was removed from the game and the code needed to be converted to the new format.

The infinite loop between Characters and Quests is something to look into, and we are currently revamping the sidebar and reformatting the different areas. With the changes we're making, pressing the "back" button on screen should revert to the last page before clicking anything in the sidebar. However, clicking the back arrow at the top of the sidebar can be used to navigate through visited pages, and can be used to revert back before the loop.

In terms of missing images and errors, typos and mistakes can make it through testing, which is why we use detailed bug reports to locate and solve the errors when they appear. If you do find any missing images or errors please provide as much detail/screenshots so that we can quickly locate them. The code is now 180'000 words long (and counting) so trying to search through it one passage at a time can take a while.

Reactions: Tobtakular

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
With regards to the issue with the "Intro" filenames, during this last update I renamed a lot of the source files, and edited the code at the same time. Whilst I'm confident 90% of the code works as intended, there may still be examples like yours that have snuck through.
Check out the scene MQ109-5.A, it references files named MQ109-50{1,2,3}.webp, they match the scene name, but I'm fairly certain the files they're meant to match are currently named MQ109-30{1,2,3}.webp. MQ109-504.webp from the followup scene is also broken but I can't work out which file should be referenced here.

Also check out scene MQ113-2.B, the filenames are all correct (or rather, they exist, but are probably misnumbered) but the scenes are mismatched. For example you have Doggy setting the event number to 2 but the condition block for 2 loads the cowgirl media. Most of these scenes are jumbled.

This is a weird one, there seems to be duplicate scenes lexi-living-sex and MQ115-5.B. They seem to be identical at the front end (one is an old version and should be removed?) except for the Table Deepthroat section, where the latter (the one actually used) is missing a 0 in its filename 9tabledeepthroat.web{m,p}.

There's also several references to files in the events directory incorrectly using a capital E for Events.

There's at least two instances where $lexi.title appears literally (twice at the mirror and once in the weekend event).

That's everything I've found, though I didn't do the Skin content since it doesn't interest me. Also, this isn't a bug report but perhaps reconsider Alex's avatar... it's not the most flattering photo, I almost skipped her content too.

Thanks for the quick reply last time, it's always good to see a developer acknowledge and (I assume) fix bugs.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Check out the scene MQ109-5.A, it references files named MQ109-50{1,2,3}.webp, they match the scene name, but I'm fairly certain the files they're meant to match are currently named MQ109-30{1,2,3}.webp. MQ109-504.webp from the followup scene is also broken but I can't work out which file should be referenced here.

Also check out scene MQ113-2.B, the filenames are all correct (or rather, they exist, but are probably misnumbered) but the scenes are mismatched. For example you have Doggy setting the event number to 2 but the condition block for 2 loads the cowgirl media. Most of these scenes are jumbled.

This is a weird one, there seems to be duplicate scenes lexi-living-sex and MQ115-5.B. They seem to be identical at the front end (one is an old version and should be removed?) except for the Table Deepthroat section, where the latter (the one actually used) is missing a 0 in its filename 9tabledeepthroat.web{m,p}.

There's also several references to files in the events directory incorrectly using a capital E for Events.

There's at least two instances where $lexi.title appears literally (twice at the mirror and once in the weekend event).

That's everything I've found, though I didn't do the Skin content since it doesn't interest me. Also, this isn't a bug report but perhaps reconsider Alex's avatar... it's not the most flattering photo, I almost skipped her content too.

Thanks for the quick reply last time, it's always good to see a developer acknowledge and (I assume) fix bugs.
Thanks for the amount of detail you've provided. I've been able to address all of the bugs on this list, and I've gone into more detail in the spoiler tag if you're interested. All of these fixes will be present in the next BugFix update.

With regards to Skin's content, whilst I know that she's one of the weaker main characters, her content is still part of the main questline, and there will be more content to come with her in future.

For Alex's Avatar. I had in fact considered changing it, but with the deadline of the public release approaching, I decided that it wasn't a vital enough change. However, I still agree with you, and so her Avatar will likely be changed for the next update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Smellfire

Sep 4, 2019
Wait let me guess. You seem like an assault kind of girl Alessa.
What? That doesn't make sense. From the painting benches right near the start.

After the lightning storm earlier, Lauren fell ill and decided to give you and the rest of the group the rest of the day as she would be unable to supervise you.
Should be "Wouldn't be able". You need a decent Editor/Proof Reader m8. I'm not doing any more. There's another two in the first 5 pages.

Reactions: Future!Phantom

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
What? That doesn't make sense. From the painting benches right near the start.

Should be "Wouldn't be able". You need a decent Editor/Proof Reader m8. I'm not doing any more. There's another two in the first 5 pages.
Since the program I'm using doesn't have an in-built spellchecker, some typos are bound to make it through as I have to check everything without the help of the green and red lines. (I think the general grammar and spelling are alright all things considered)

Technically speaking both "as she wouldn't be able to supervise you" and "as she would be unable to supervise you" work grammatically, but because my creative background is in prose, sometimes my writing tends to lean into longer clauses and ignoring contractions.

Upon reviewing the sentence, the better solution was to remove the last part and leave it as "After the lightning storm earlier, Lauren fell ill and decided to give you and the rest of the group the rest of the day off". The extra bit on the end didn't add anything and didn't need to be there.

Bugs/Errors/Typos will always make it through testing which is why I welcome bug reports and feedback so much. At the end of the day I'm just one guy doing all of this and everyone makes mistakes. The typos you found are from text written in July of last year, so it's no surprise they've gone undetected for so long.

With regards to the dialogue, I'm not entirely sure which part doesn't make sense. Perhaps it can be reworded, but dialogue is usually trying to capture more colloquial speech, and since the dialogue closely follows the source material, I was trying to match things up when writing it.

In all honesty the earliest updates could do with some tinkering, editing, and rewriting to bring it up to part with my current style since it took time to adapt to the format. Thanks for pointing out these issues though, I'm always interested in fixing the errors and grammar issues in the writing.

Smellfire

Sep 4, 2019
Well assault is either a verb or a noun. You're using it as neither. I don't really get what you are trying to say either. But it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Spelling and grammer do my swede in to much anyway, so I would just ignore my ramblings and have a good evening.

Deleted member 900601

Sep 21, 2018
For Carolina and Alli, you don't set their name, you set the way in which the characters colloquially refer to each other. The game uses their names because those are their names. Lexi works slightly different and her title is used a lot more since incest was removed from the game and the code needed to be converted to the new format.
Yet all 3 characters have the same identical menu for data entry:
1618626156965.png
I've seen Carolina use the word dude a lot as well, even though I changed that line, at the first breakfast scene and I've tested that twice. If all 3 things are identical in entry, people except all 3 to behave the same, or they will assume it's a bug.

Tromilka

Sep 11, 2020
Well assault is either a verb or a noun. You're using it as neither. I don't really get what you are trying to say either. But it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Spelling and grammer do my swede in to much anyway, so I would just ignore my ramblings and have a good evening.
It's certainly grammatically possible to use a noun in this way (it's called a "noun modifier," among other things). For example, "You seem like a burger kind of girl" means "You seem like a girl who likes hamburgers."

I've not played it yet, but given the game's community service theme, I assume here it's meant to mean "You seem like a girl whose offense was assault" or "You seem like the kind of girl who would commit assault." I do agree that it's a bit hard to interpret, though, at least out of context—probably in part because girls are more usually discussed as victims of assault, not committing it. If assault was the offense that landed Alessa in community service, it might be clearer to put it in quotes, as if quoting from the charge.

As quoted, both sentences are also lacking needed commas. It should be "Wait, let me guess. You seem like an 'assault' kind of girl, Alessa."

Last edited:

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Yet all 3 characters have the same identical menu for data entry:
View attachment 1146684
I've seen Carolina use the word dude a lot as well, even though I changed that line, at the first breakfast scene and I've tested that twice. If all 3 things are identical in entry, people except all 3 to behave the same, or they will assume it's a bug.
I see where you're coming from. I am looking at tinkering with this relationship system and I'll have the opportunity to review the frequency of the casual terms the characters use for each other.

unicorn33

Jun 1, 2020
Hi, I can't proceed with the misc quest " I should see if anything's happening in the Forest ", I spent a whole day without any event, I think this prevent me for advancing with the trust issue with Carolina. I attach my save, please what am I missing? Thanks

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Hi, I can't proceed with the misc quest " I should see if anything's happening in the Forest ", I spent a whole day without any event, I think this prevent me for advancing with the trust issue with Carolina. I attach my save, please what am I missing? Thanks
I have attached your fixed save below.

There is currently a rare but known issue where some of the variables that control quest progression are further ahead than where they should be. So far only about 3 or 4 people have encountered it, and I'm not entirely certain how the bug is caused, but I am working on a solution that should prevent it happening in future. The solution should be ready for the next content Update.

Reactions: unicorn33

vaa24

Mar 8, 2019
Hi, another case of the quests not working, for me it's talking to Lexi when she's alone in the living room. Would appreciate a fix. Fantastic game so far!

4.40 star(s) 16 Votes