Jan 28, 2019
Seriously the new UI is buggy as hell.... especially when playing on the phone using Joiplay is even more pain the ass with text choice running out of the choice box.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Made a kind of "UI restoration" Mod which reverts some of the new game screens back to the ones from Ch7. Also added are my usual game enhancements (textbox/textsize/quick menu/named saves etc).
I also integrated a replay gallery unlocker + the WT Mod from here is also already included.

Download Mod Ch8 (~6MB)
(extract and put the files into the .../game folder)

Some ingame screens of the Mod
CompanionofDarkness_01.jpg CompanionofDarkness_02.jpg CompanionofDarkness_03.jpg CompanionofDarkness_04.jpg CompanionofDarkness_05.jpg CompanionofDarkness_06.jpg CompanionofDarkness_07.jpg

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
how can the mc regenerate his head? wouldn't he lose his dark ones if his head gets removed?
Apparently not as Gabriel got annihilated multiple times. I think the body is kinda meaningless as long as enough "energy" is there and the only things being able to cut the connection are things which are able to damage the "soul" or "soulbond" or something similar to that like the sword of whats-his-name-insane-templar.

If the dark one with the regeneration ability isnt spent on power/emotions, the body can always be regenerated imo.

Thats why it was entirely meaningless when gabriels body got destroyed as nael has unlimited power/energy, its not possible to deplete her with any means we know so far. But the stuff which could damage the "soul/soulbond" could still lead to losing the bond and gabriel dying due to it imo

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
how can the mc regenerate his head? wouldn't he lose his dark ones if his head gets removed?
Apparently not as Gabriel got annihilated multiple times. I think the body is kinda meaningless as long as enough "energy" is there and the only things being able to cut the connection are things which are able to damage the "soul" or "soulbond" or something similar to that like the sword of whats-his-name-insane-templar.

If the dark one with the regeneration ability isnt spent on power/emotions, the body can always be regenerated imo.

Thats why it was entirely meaningless when gabriels body got destroyed as noel has unlimited power/energy, its not possible to deplete her with any means we know so far. But the stuff which could damage the "soul/soulbond" could still lead to losing the bond and gabriel dying due to it imo
Remember, Gabriel is no longer linked, so if he can't talk his way out of a situation, he won't come back anymore. But yea, while Noel got the combat ability, Amy got the regen ability, so MC is basically unkillable as long as Amy isn't drained completely.

00Sloth

Sep 15, 2019
Went in blind, thought it would end up not being much, and now I have completely consumed all the content so far without noticing it. The character development is really nice overall and the main plot remains interesting so far. I already have a bunch of theories of my own, so I'm really looking forward to future updates.

Keep up the good work!

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
This update was peculiar, what I liked is that it was possible to advance in the relationship of both Amy and Cia, especially in the use of powers, with respect to MOON's participation it was the highlight, since it is one of my Everyone's favorite VN, thank you for that, hence the new character Ghost is 11/10, I hope she is not just a character for the plot, nothing more, hence poor Jacky, I have not forgotten her, I hope and saga later, poor thing I felt sorry for, bad Nael, talk about Nael, is it a mistake in coloring Noel's hair, or is it really Nael in the battle at the end?
Screenshot_2024-04-21-21-20-37-124_companionofdarkness.neos.tian.jpg Screenshot_2024-04-21-21-20-49-070_companionofdarkness.neos.tian.jpg

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Remember, Gabriel is no longer linked, so if he can't talk his way out of a situation, he won't come back anymore. But yea, while Noel got the combat ability, Amy got the regen ability, so MC is basically unkillable as long as Amy isn't drained completely.
It was just meant as comparision as Gabriel had the ability until the MC got it. The ability will be less powerfull in a sense probably as amys emotions/energy could get depleted when she has to recreate the mcs body too often unlike naels but in theory it should be the same otherwise.

Uh and i meant Nael and not Noel :HideThePain:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
By the way for everyone being unhappy about the MC/Noel breakup:

it was necessary.

The MC and Noel were only bond to each other due to a random occurrence and the bond established their connection immediately.

Yet the bond is designed in a way that it changes the dark ones perception of the companion.

Without the bond being broken we would have never been 100% sure that Noel is with the MC because she wants to and not only because of the bond.

Even Noel herself couldn’t have answered honestly about if she would prefer to be with her sister at this point due to the bond.

Noel becoming feral was the best (only?) way to give Noel the decision herself.

not restricted by neither the bond nor lost memory’s was the only possibility for Noel to decide herself what she wants.

And her primal/feral/true self decided that she needs to find the MC, nothing else mattered despite no bond being active.

imo this was nessecary to truely give Noel the opportunity to „consent“ to their special connection.

similar for the MC, he got forced the first time too and influenced by the bond afterwards. This time he is actively searching her out.

It makes everything more wholesome and romantic imo

Last edited:

IamKhronos

Apr 27, 2022
while the majority dislike the new ui, i in fact do love it. its sleek and clean. what i dont like is that when you introduced gallery, that you are pretty much forced to replay the game in order to re-unlock them unless u use koga mod.

Aschente123

Mar 18, 2019
Good afternoon, I'm replaying, is there any way to remove the word "Skip" from the middle of the screen? I want to fast forward to the different choices.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Does anyone else see the Primordials and the other Darkones being somewhat similar to the Godhand and the Apostles from Berserk? The other Darkones are compelled to obey the Primordials like the Apostles are compelled to obey the Godhand. They both even have released forms.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 82 Votes