Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Fair enough. To be honest, by this point in the story, I wanted players to be pissed off and tired of seeing all of the dysfunction hovering over Alex's life. Longing for redemption or retribution, where the former is unlikely and the latter isn't a productive solution.
Yeah, that does come across. However I'd think / hope that Alex would be a bit stronger by now and able to keep a positive spirit. Not all is bad in her life. She has a great relationship (if a bit confusing) with Chris for example. She also has some friends.

Not sure what you mean by "woke bullshit." Glenn is just a troubled woman, in a loveless marriage to a (seemingly) uncaring man half-a-world away. And hurting because of it.
What I mean is that it seems that in the game there are two people. Those who love trans people, always use correct pronouns, put a lot of emphasis on that, etc. And those who absolutely hate trans people. The woke part is that the first are morally good and the second are morally reprehensible. Like everybody is ganging up on Ellie for not accepting Alex as trans. Or Glenn threatening with sueing the police and assuming she'll win.

However the reality is much more complicated. Most people IRL are probably ambiguous about trans people. Perhaps mildly supportive but also aware of the limitations and problems. In this game, such people don't really seem to exist and I think that is really a pity. I hope that Ellie can come around to a position like that but from my perspective, the actions of Glenn, Sam and Chris towards her aren't really helping.

I still think Ellie is potentially the deepest and most interesting character (besides Alex and maybe Chris) but from her perspective this was also a weak update because she's being pushed in the role of "hater" while in reality I think she doesn't hate Alex as a person but she is confused about her feelings and still sees Alex as the boy he/she was and physically still partially is. Bringing that out in her character is way more interesting than making her into a female Kevin.

What I also mean with "woke bullshit" is that, in the last update, it seems as if the story is pushing an agenda. Moreso than in the earlier chapters. I think it's a pity because the game is good enough to stand on it's own and to let people draw their own conclusions.

As far as the police captain goes, well, I wish I could say that I personally trust all people in positions of power to be motivated solely by a dedication to public service and their intransigent morals. (Politicians, anyone?) Yeah, he's over the top, but you could kind of expect that given his a-hole of a son.
Perhaps, but I don't think he'd get away with it the way it went down IRL. That's not about morals but about being politically savvy, which is necessary to rise to the rank of captain. This kind of attitude you may expect from a beat cop, but someone higher up would be more sneaky.

Hmmm. That's a hard one. I considered it when I was originally outlining out the story. But it's kind of a crucial setup to what happens later in the story. And she isn't not interested in him--she's not against the idea in theory as she stated a couple of times during chap 3, but her lack of sexual attraction is causing her ambivalence. Alex thinks she needs to be interested in Brad. Hence, the title...
(y)

Thanks for your feedback!
Welcome and thanks for taking it well!

Last edited:

sharpys

May 21, 2017
I'm kinda in agreement with folks here: the villains are pretty much 2D. I suppose societal norms & it's own hierarchies are the true antagonists in this VN but distilled into some pretty crude avatars currently.

LewdLewy

Jun 29, 2021
Should be here: . I just tried it and it works. I'll fix the link in the header. Thanks!
There seems to be an issue with the patch in 0.4. I've tried the one from this quoted post and the one in the OP. Both give the same error message, see screenshot:

confusion patch.JPG

Its the scene with Zoey standing on the toilet and looking into the next stall.

The asset in question is called Futalicious. One of the install scripts matches the texture to the skin of the body it's attached to, which is unnatural in its own right. Makes it look very uniform and plasticky. There is another script that adds a separate, more "realistic" texture, but there aren't any controls for modifying its hue/tint. I've got to go in and use Photoshop to try and match the hues, but it's difficult and time-consuming to dial in the correct values because what it looks like in its 2D map isn't a 1-to-1 correlation with its appearance when rendered. I'll try, though. Nothing's been done for chapter 4 which is due any day now (fingers crossed behind back).
I'm not sure what other script you are referring to for more realistic textures but both and have a ton of customization options and are worth trying out (the latter is is the newest and best looking). No matter what you do it will never match exactly, but IRL the skin down there doesn't match the torso 100% either.

Reactions: duane71

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
What I mean is that it seems that in the game there are two people. Those who love trans people, always use correct pronouns, put a lot of emphasis on that, etc. And those who absolutely hate trans people. The woke part is that the first are morally good and the second are morally reprehensible. Like everybody is ganging up on Ellie for not accepting Alex as trans. Or Glenn threatening with sueing the police and assuming she'll win.
What I also mean with "woke bullshit" is that, in the last update, it seems as if the story is pushing an agenda. Moreso than in the earlier chapters. I think it's a pity because the game is good enough to stand on it's own and to let people draw their own conclusions.
I've always despised the word "woke," not because of its meaning per se but because of the weight of the prejudices attached to it by those seeking to use it as a slur. If someone wants to respect the gender identity of another's soul, I guess that makes them "woke." But to someone else who doesn't value that respect, or that gender identity is even a choice, then using the word automatically means, "Ha, ha, you're stupid and silly because you believe something that I don't, and that makes me superior." Even if you don't believe it's a choice, and many people don't, at least respect that that choice wasn't yours to make and that you have no business passing any judgment on it.

Nobody is ganging up on Elliott for not accepting Alex as trans. No one had opposed her until Sam got in her face. Instead, they're objecting to the fact that Elliott believes that she has a right to judge and, by extension, to ridicule and belittle. No one has that right, no matter how right they think they are. If Elliott wants to not accept Alex as trans, so be it. But she doesn't have to be despicable and try to erase Alex's worth as a human being in the process.

And you're right. We haven't seen all of Elliott's story yet, and it's deeper than just "I hate trans people." As a matter of fact, chapter 5 starts out with some Elliott back-story.

As far as the "pushing an agenda" comment goes, I'm just trying to tell a story. So I'll step off the soapbox. As my parting shot, though, I'll say this: Prejudice, in any form, is abhorrent to me. I wish it were for everybody else.

Welcome and thanks for taking it well!
I'm always up for a discussion and looking for ways to better tell my stories. I may not agree, but I'm honored that people place enough value on my work to bother commenting about it. Lord knows I've played many VNs I've despised but couldn't be bothered to complain about. :)

Last edited:

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
There seems to be an issue with the patch in 0.4. I've tried the one from this quoted post and the one in the OP. Both give the same error message, see screenshot:

View attachment 2179099

Its the scene with Zoey standing on the toilet and looking into the next stall.

I'm not sure what other script you are referring to for more realistic textures but both and have a ton of customization options and are worth trying out (the latter is is the newest and best looking). No matter what you do it will never match exactly, but IRL the skin down there doesn't match the torso 100% either.
The patch file will need to be updated for each chapter. There is a new one for chapter 4:

The script I was referring to is included with Futalicious. The base script copies the model's skin texture which makes a penis look like it was ripped off of a Honey Select model. Melpe added some additional textures in the Futalicious package, of which the one I chose was the closest. I'll check out the two you mentioned, but I'm kinda stuck with Futalicious now because of upcoming animations and consistency.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
The patch file will need to be updated for each chapter. There is a new one for chapter 4:

The script I was referring to is included with Futalicious. The base script copies the model's skin texture which makes a penis look like it was ripped off of a Honey Select model. Melpe added some additional textures in the Futalicious package, of which the one I chose was the closest. I'll check out the two you mentioned, but I'm kinda stuck with Futalicious now because of upcoming animations and consistency.
AVNSnax that issue is WITH the 0.4 patch you linked. Didn't seem to matter and I was going to ignore it, but, since it's out, yeah, it's there.

Peace :)

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Nobody is ganging up on Elliott for not accepting Alex as trans. No one had opposed her until Sam got in her face. Instead, they're objecting to the fact that Elliott believes that she has a right to judge and, by extension, to ridicule and belittle. No one has that right, no matter how right they think they are. If Elliott wants to not accept Alex as trans, so be it. But she doesn't have to be despicable and try to erase Alex's worth as a human being in the process.
I'm going to download this game and I'm going to see what's what with this because this paragraph is absolutely fucking bonkers, holy moly.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I'm going to download this game and I'm going to see what's what with this because this paragraph is absolutely fucking bonkers, holy moly.
Be ready for a bit of a emotional ride, that is, if you are sensitive to the theme. ;)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
FatGiant LewdLewy Damned source code control system. The link in the OP should be correct now, but for completeness, it is .
It seems I'm replaying the update, uh? Worse fates have been had, I suppose. :)

Peace :D

EDIT: Done. Thanks. As I suspected wasn't major, but relevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: AVNSnax

WatsonJohn

Jul 27, 2020
This game seems more linear than I thought. Choosing not being aroused to Zoe's touch earlier seems to be inconsequential because she's still masturbating to her.

Reactions: AVNSnax

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
This game seems more linear than I thought. Choosing not being aroused to Zoe's touch earlier seems to be inconsequential because she's still masturbating to her.
The game is fairly linear. The choices will determine final endings, although they do subtly affect dialogue throughout the VN.

automatica

Mar 22, 2020
Incredible, well-developed story AVNSnax.

Your handling of the subject matter is for the most part quite nuanced and shows a depth of understanding very rarely seen in a VN, and certainly almost never in a transgender one.

Bravo, and it's been a privilege to read. Chapter 5 and beyond can't come soon enough.

Jul 10, 2022
Not sure what you mean by "woke bullshit."
You don't understand what that person meant, but I think I do. I'll use a single scene to emphasize the point they were trying to Make:

This story is being way to political and woke to be enjoyable or erotic anymore. The cringe levels are rising.

It's like... Pronouns are these people's biggest problem. There was an attempted rape... Back burner... Mom and dad are getting a divorce... back burner. Those are not the REAL important problems... The pronouns are only problem that matters!

Look at the Sam / Ellie argument.

Start off by giving the normally pretty Sam the biggest scowl possible. Imagine like someone pooped in her oatmeal. Make her look like Gollum from Lord of the Rings about to say "My Precious" when talking to Ellie about Alex's pronouns. By the way keep in mind that Sam... She was misgendering Alex like a week ago no big deal.

Slowly zoom in on Sam's face while arguing with Ellie, and have her scream at the top of her lungs: "She... is not... a 'He'!"

Then have her get right in her sisters face after pointing a finger an inch from her face, don't stop to have Ellie suck her finger as that might be funny or erotic... Instead have her say "If you ever disrespect either of your sisters again I will end you!" Have them bump chests... but not like for a "Boob Jiggle / fun erotic" moment, but an "I'm gonna kill you bitch!" moment. Finish it off by giving her sister a double titty twister. Not a playful fun one, but a serious painful bullying one.

Because people who do a "Wrong Think" should be punished with violence or at least threatened with violence. This game makes a mockery of transgender people and issues by highlighting this "Troon" behavior, and making that out to be heroic behavior. Troon = Transgender Goon

It reminds me of this video clip of a non passing trans person shouting "ITS MAAM!" at a gamestop employee.

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
You don't understand what that person meant, but I think I do. I'll use a single scene to emphasize the point they were trying to Make:

This story is being way to political and woke to be enjoyable or erotic anymore. The cringe levels are rising.

It's like... Pronouns are these people's biggest problem. There was an attempted rape... Back burner... Mom and dad are getting a divorce... back burner. Those are not the REAL important problems... The pronouns are only problem that matters!

Look at the Sam / Ellie argument.

Start off by giving the normally pretty Sam the biggest scowl possible. Imagine like someone pooped in her oatmeal. Make her look like Gollum from Lord of the Rings about to say "My Precious" when talking to Ellie about Alex's pronouns. By the way keep in mind that Sam... She was misgendering Alex like a week ago no big deal.

Slowly zoom in on Sam's face while arguing with Ellie, and have her scream at the top of her lungs: "She... is not... a 'He'!"

Then have her get right in her sisters face after pointing a finger an inch from her face, don't stop to have Ellie suck her finger as that might be funny or erotic... Instead have her say "If you ever disrespect either of your sisters again I will end you!" Have them bump chests... but not like for a "Boob Jiggle / fun erotic" moment, but an "I'm gonna kill you bitch!" moment. Finish it off by giving her sister a double titty twister. Not a playful fun one, but a serious painful bullying one.

Because people who do a "Wrong Think" should be punished with violence or at least threatened with violence. This game makes a mockery of transgender people and issues by highlighting this "Troon" behavior, and making that out to be heroic behavior. Troon = Transgender Goon

It reminds me of this video clip of a non passing trans person shouting "ITS MAAM!" at a gamestop employee.
Hmmm... I think you are projecting a bit too much there. It's cool, we all do it. Just be aware that what you are reading may not be what is being written. Perception is, after all, quite personal.

Sam felt the need to protect Alex, after being made to understand that she herself was being manipulated, from what was shown of her personality she's very confrontational and physical, so, she was really "in character" as was Elliott. She went too far, yes, I also felt so. From what I understood of her, she's not really a champion of patience and restraint, so... Also, Sam isn't transgender, so, not a Troon. And from what I understood, she's protecting her sister, not really defending her personal views, because the pronouns deliberate misuse wasn't an attack on the transgender persona, but an attack on Alex. And yes, I do feel they are different subjects here, feel free to disagree.

All in all, if the game (or better said AVNSnax great writing) managed to provoke that extensive reflection on you, I do think it is doing what it set out to do. Yeah, this game sneaks up on you like that. Also, being political and less erotic, isn't bad per se. It may require some management of expectations, but that's truly not the game's fault.

Good Talk.

Speedfeed

Dec 19, 2020
Is there anything in the current update that's unavoidable? and will there be a pattern of that throughout the remainder of the game? there's the player and the character the player is in control of. If there are choices involved when it comes to romance and actions with people the players character interacts with, that should be on the player to make. The mc is also pressured into going out with someone. While the one pressuring the mc gets to decide on their own who they want to be with. Who they want to be involved with.

Last edited:

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Is there anything in the current update that's unavoidable? and will there be a pattern of that throughout the remainder of the game? there's the player and the character the player is in control of. If there are choices involved when it comes to romance and actions with people the players character interacts with, that should be on the player to make. The mc is also pressured into going out with someone. While the one pressuring the mc gets to decide on their own who they want to be with. Who they want to be involved with.
Well yea their is something unavoidable in this update, namely as you said you are forced to see Alex go on a date with a guy, with kissing and groping from the guy, you don't really get to make any choices about that, the only choice I seen is rather the illusion of choice which doesn't seem to change anything much.

Last edited:

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
The level of cringe in that game is so high that i just can't stand it. It was a nice story at start but the more the story advances the more it gets annoying with all those hawfull events and the attitude of the MC whom i would love to like but i just can't.
At this point i just give up, there is no fun into this, just cringe and misery!

4.10 star(s) 37 Votes