Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Thanks for trying the VN. I've gotten a lot of criticism, much of it centered around either how bleak Alex's life is or how one-dimensionally the "villains" are written. Please keep in mind that there have only been three chapters released of a ten-chapter story so far. It may have been a mistake on my part, but I wrote the story this way. There is an arc, and we're still on the upward trajectory (or downward, depending on how you look at it).

Yes, it's drama, and yes, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Especially here, where 80% of players seem only to be interested in how quickly they can get to a scene they can fap to, story be damned. (Oh, and if it's not exactly the fetishes they're into, they feel obligated to announce to the world how much they hate it.) But I hope you'll stick with it. Alex will eventually figure things out, and when she does... ;)
Well if you add too much dimensionality to the villians, people will self-insert into them and consider them the protagonist

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
Well if you add too much dimensionality to the villians, people will self-insert into them and consider them the protagonist
Is it bad that the anarchist in me is thinking "Hey, a new audience for my hard work!"? Yeah, probably.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Is it bad that the anarchist in me is thinking "Hey, a new audience for my hard work!"? Yeah, probably.
I guess it really depends. The game that first got me interested in trans issues, Free Pass, has a character that has the potential to become a villain, but he appears to have a lot of depth and backstory behind him. Don't know if he has any supporters though.

Kittenfox

Jan 25, 2019
im scared of 3d / cgi games Star Wars cause about 90% of them are literally 80% dialog, and 20% sex action and some of the sex scenes CGI in them are really good like watching a 3d hentai real space, but then theres the ones where its still frame garbage and some dont have videos spaceships at all just slide shows land speeders and dont get me started on those lame ass cumshots Death Star explosions !
Star Trek is better. Just had to say it, and potentially kick off the Star Trek VS. Star Wars' wars. (As seen in Futurama! Batteries not included. Consult your doctor before you reply.)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Thanks for trying the VN. I've gotten a lot of criticism, much of it centered around either how bleak Alex's life is or how one-dimensionally the "villains" are written. Please keep in mind that there have only been three chapters released of a ten-chapter story so far. It may have been a mistake on my part, but I wrote the story this way. There is an arc, and we're still on the upward trajectory (or downward, depending on how you look at it).

Yes, it's drama, and yes, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Especially here, where 80% of players seem only to be interested in how quickly they can get to a scene they can fap to, story be damned. (Oh, and if it's not exactly the fetishes they're into, they feel obligated to announce to the world how much they hate it.) But I hope you'll stick with it. Alex will eventually figure things out, and when she does... ;)
Warm greetings Snax;)(y)

Since the story is told from Alex' point of view the antagonists are seen as Alex sees them, villains, nothing more. It is like the warden and Clancy Brown's indelible Byron Hadley were in Shawshank Redemption seeming one sided yet that was intentional to amplify that the story is told through Andy's eyes. Confusion seems to have a similar level of drama and emotional content and it is also told through the eyes of the protagonist, Alex. I got that pretty early as the intention in having the antagonists be so shallow and cruel. That is all Alex sees from these people so what else can she tell us. It immediately made sense to me and hit home on an emotional level that I have not experienced from this type of media, ever before. Confusion is a unique and brilliant story and I'm always ready for more when you have more ready to share, my friend.

And Snax... maybe you shouldn't be so apologetic regarding this bold, brilliant and remarkable story, my friend. I would hazard a guess that this AVN is one of a kind. I've never seen anything like it. I expect this story will take us from despair to joy through the course of the telling. Just keep on keeping on with what you are doing. Pretty sure I am witnessing the creation of a masterpiece.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

Dec 7, 2020
Regarding "villains", I personally wouldn't have made Alex's dad so cartoony and over the top, as he more or less is right now, considering that he supported Alex's transition, so at the very least he cared in the past. So considering that he was "good" in the past, he had potential to be a bit more "realistic" and "flawed", like Alex's mom (who right now is negligent and drinks), instead of an over the top evil asshole like he's right now. But I get that Alex's mom had to be "free" of him as soon as possible, so it "had" to be done to develop Alex's mom as a love interest faster.

But Kevin is just a plot device to show how shitty Alex's life is, and he works perfectly as he is.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020
I guess it really depends. The game that first got me interested in trans issues, Free Pass, has a character that has the potential to become a villain, but he appears to have a lot of depth and backstory behind him. Don't know if he has any supporters though.
I also like a lot Free Pass. I played the original and now the reboot. About the "villain", you mean Yoon's husband? In the reboot he's a complete over the top asshole, but I wouldn't say that he has much depth or anything.

Regarding trans issues, Free Pass' Sukhonn is a very cool and likeable character for sure.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I also like a lot Free Pass. I played the original and now the reboot. About the "villain", you mean Yoon's husband? In the reboot he's a complete over the top asshole, but I wouldn't say that he has much depth or anything.

Regarding trans issues, Free Pass' Sukhonn is a very cool and likeable character for sure.
I'm actually referring to Denis. Only a villain insomuch as he wants to take Sukkhon away.

Reactions: Mistress Elizabeth

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
I'm finally committing to a release schedule for Chapter 4. Chapter 3 was released on 7 Sep, so I'm sticking to my 8-10 week schedule per chapter even though this is the longest chapter (I believe) in the entire VN.
  • 28 Oct: Development completion
  • 31 Oct - 4 Nov: BETA TESTING
  • 7 Nov: Patron and supporter release
  • 14 Nov: General release
Cheers!

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020

Don't let it boil you down and create your game exactly the way you want to do it. The community in this forum has to learn that not everything can always be vanilla/harem mainstream and that there are also other tastes. The best games come from developers who love what they make and put their heart and soul into it. The fans then come all by themselves.

Jul 10, 2022
Well if you add too much dimensionality to the villains, people will self-insert into them and consider them the protagonist
The more relatable any character is in any game to an individual the more likely they are to offer financial support to a project.

Nope, that's a very good thing! A villian's money spends just the same as any other money.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: AVNSnax

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The more relatable any character is in any game to an individual the more likely they are to offer financial support to a project.

Nope, that's a very good thing! A villian's money spends just the same as any other money.

Keep up the good work.
Are you saying you relate to, say Kevin?

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
I get "Video Unavailable". Can you give a summary?
John Oliver did an amazing piece on transgender rights, focusing on the right's fascination with totally bogus subjects like forced pediatric hysterectomies, unfair teen sports competitions, bathroom rights, etc. You can find it by searching for "john oliver Transgender Rights II"

Last edited:

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
Always tricky to get right, try a blue light maybe? The trick isn't to be too realistic as you still want to see the action.
"Hold on a minute, honey. Lemme turn on all of the lights so everybody can see what we're doing!"

Well, it's not a sex scene. Just characters walking outdoors at night. So . . . many . . . fireflies . . . :ROFLMAO:

4.10 star(s) 37 Votes