AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
Wow, this is a pretty interesting game. Sad the updates are small, but dev, you've got a good thing going.
Thanks. I'm kinda curious what you mean by "the updates are small." For one, there has only been the one public release. So if you mean there are few sex scenes, well, yes, that's true. It's the beginning of the story, after all. But the VN itself in that first release was almost 1000 renders just for the content that made it to the release, not counting the 100s of renders that were either left on the cutting room floor or that I rerendered for consistency.

Is it possible we could see some pregnancy? (I've looked it up, and puberty blockers and hormone treatments don't always make someone sterile.)
There will be on some paths, but it will be avoidable if desired.

Also, I'm hoping for a harem - the only acceptable ending. I know you said no weird fetishes, but these aren't weird.
:D "One man's ceiling is another man's floor..."

Can't wait for more.
Shouldn't be too long to wait. I'm about 80% of the way through the next chapter and still on track for an August release.

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
I have a question and am looking for direction. Put simply; there is a bug in Ren'Py.

There is a known bug when multiple dialog windows are on the screen and you've turned on auto-forward mode (AFM). You can see it during the telephone conversation between Glenn and Jordan. Glenn's text on the left doesn't delay after displaying when AFM is on. However, the text on the right is displayed correctly and honors text-speed and auto-forward time settings.

My plan was to have several of these phone calls during the game. Personally, I play most VNs with AFM turned on to avoid having to mash the mouse button every few seconds. Sue me. I'm lazy.

I've gone down a rathole for a couple of days trying to find a workaround, and there isn't one to be had. I've already filed a bug on Ren'Py's github site but need to continue working on the game in the meantime.

I can do one of three things. I can (in order of the amount of work involved):
  1. First, rewrite the scene(s) to use a single window.
  2. Turn off AFM during the phone call scenes and turn it back on afterward if it was previously on.
  3. Finally, leave it as is if nobody's bothered.
Your suggestions would be appreciated!

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I have a question and am looking for direction. Put simply; there is a bug in Ren'Py.

There is a known bug when multiple dialog windows are on the screen and you've turned on auto-forward mode (AFM). You can see it during the telephone conversation between Glenn and Jordan. Glenn's text on the left doesn't delay after displaying when AFM is on. However, the text on the right is displayed correctly and honors text-speed and auto-forward time settings.

My plan was to have several of these phone calls during the game. Personally, I play most VNs with AFM turned on to avoid having to mash the mouse button every few seconds. Sue me. I'm lazy.

I've gone down a rathole for a couple of days trying to find a workaround, and there isn't one to be had. I've already filed a bug on Ren'Py's github site but need to continue working on the game in the meantime.

2. Turn off AFM during the phone call scenes and turn it back on afterward if it was previously on.
Thanks for asking Snax:cool:(y)

If I had any preference...
I'd say #2, "Turn off AFM during the phone call scenes and turn it back on afterward if it was previously on."
Considering that this is a Ren'py issue with no current patch or fix, option two seems the best to allow auto forward and avoid the bug, making lemonade from lemons.;) What I don't like is when I finish reading, click to go on, start reading again only to find I'm rereading the same lines I just read with a few more words added at the end. That is annoying. Start a new box already, please. Hahaha:ROFLMAO: No worries about that here though. Confusion is enjoyably an easy read.:geek:

Personally, I don't use auto forward. I prefer to tab along at my own pace. With auto on I'm either waiting on screens with brief dialogue, like 30 seconds worth of, "Yeah..." OR I'm having to roll back to catch the last bit of a long message. So, I just tab along. I tab pretty quickly through, "Yeah", "Uh huh", "Okay, see you there" kind of dialogue then pause to drink in all the good stuff.;) My auto forward is the control key with skip set for unseen text/all text to get to the choices. I do that for lesser titles, not here. Old Phat is just rambling on again and will STFU now...:oops:

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Last edited:

jsmith27x

Apr 28, 2021

I don't use auto forward but I would go with #2

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020

From what I've seen in other games it seems like they do the #2 option. Would explain why it happens in those games actually.

Reactions: AVNSnax

SmirgL14

Dec 26, 2017
It's been a while since I commented here on this platform, but this game changed this.

This is one of the best Visual novels I have seen in quiet a while.
The perfect mix of excellent characters, dialogue and lewd content.

The characters feel extremely real and you care for them.

Making such a relatable character as an MC is always the best in games.
Alex isn't the usual horny perv from other stories, BUT really feels like a PERSON with complicated emotions and feelings

Can't wait to see more chapters

Dec 7, 2020
I discovered the game today. I liked the premise, so I played it.

My God, between the dysfunctional family and the over the top bullies it's a really depressing story. How can the parents be so negligent and allow the older sister to behave in such an cruel, aggressive and obsessive way for YEARS? Between that, the father cheating on the mother, the mother getting drunk... what a shitty family. Ugh. They supported Alex's transition at first, yes, but it doesn't make up for allowing the older sister to mentally torture her for years after that.

By the way, speaking of the father... is it just me, or in chapter 2, in the phone conversation scene, he looks much younger than in the "family photo" in the prologue? His face wasn't fully visible in the prologue photo, but he looked much older than he does in chapter 2... right?

Oh, and I just realized that there is an incest patch. How exactly is it applied? I don't know where to put the downloaded file. I would like to see the differences with the patch, in fact not so much because of the "lewd" aspect, but because of how the script changes, because the whole aspect of Alex being adopted I actually thought that for some reason was quite fitting. So Alex and her sisters are biological daughters of the marriage with the patch?

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
My God, between the dysfunctional family and the over the top bullies it's a really depressing story. How can the parents be so negligent and allow the older sister to behave in such an cruel, aggressive and obsessive way for YEARS? Between that, the father cheating on the mother, the mother getting drunk... what a shitty family. Ugh. They supported Alex's transition at first, yes, but it doesn't make up for allowing the older sister to mentally torture her for years after that.
Thanks for trying my little story.

I agree that the story so far is depressing. One of the things I felt like I had to do was set up just how dysfunctional Alex's whole life is, not just her family. Maybe comically so. The other consideration was turning some tropes on their head. In most VNs, the (male) MC can do no wrong and, aside from the occasional tsundere (whom he always converts into a LI), only faces singular issues that he can solve by the end of the chapter/game. Consider Oliver Twist: if Oliver had been born into a happy, loving, wealthy, atomic family, there wouldn't have been much of a story. Well, I guess there would have been a story, but not a very interesting one. Just how much dysfunction can a person take before they break? Especially when that person is withdrawn and shy? That, I believe, is the core of the story.

I wish I could share the whole story arc in advance so that people wouldn't project where they think the story will go based only on what they've seen. However, there are plot elements I need to hold close as they feature some twists and, um, "surprises" on the way.

By the way, speaking of the father... is it just me, or in chapter 2, in the phone conversation scene, he looks much younger than in the "family photo" in the prologue? His face wasn't fully visible in the prologue photo, but he looked much older than he does in chapter 2... right?
Yeah, don't exactly know what happened there. The model is the same in both places. The guy is supposed to be 48--a few years older than his wife. His face may appear younger, but when he gets his shirt off... Oops, spoiler... :) Might be a trick of the eye, given the intense sunlight and light clothing in the group pic?

How exactly is it applied? I don't know where to put the downloaded file.
The patch file goes in the game folder. You might have to start the VN over from the beginning to see all of the changes.

Dec 7, 2020
Thanks for trying my little story.

I agree that the story so far is depressing. One of the things I felt like I had to do was set up just how dysfunctional Alex's whole life is, not just her family. Maybe comically so. The other consideration was turning some tropes on their head. In most VNs, the (male) MC can do no wrong and, aside from the occasional tsundere (whom he always converts into a LI), only faces singular issues that he can solve by the end of the chapter/game. Consider Oliver Twist: if Oliver had been born into a happy, loving, wealthy, atomic family, there wouldn't have been much of a story. Well, I guess there would have been a story, but not a very interesting one. Just how much dysfunction can a person take before they break? Especially when that person is withdrawn and shy? That, I believe, is the core of the story.

I wish I could share the whole story arc in advance so that people wouldn't project where they think the story will go based only on what they've seen. However, there are plot elements I need to hold close as they feature some twists and, um, "surprises" on the way.

Yeah, don't exactly know what happened there. The model is the same in both places. The guy is supposed to be 48--a few years older than his wife. His face may appear younger, but when he gets his shirt off... Oops, spoiler... :) Might be a trick of the eye, given the intense sunlight and light clothing in the group pic?

The patch file goes in the game folder. You might have to start the VN over from the beginning to see all of the changes.
Yeah, I get it, it's important to clearly show how much Alex's life sucks so far. And it sucks a lot. She should have received professional psychological help years ago, but her parents seem to have completely ignored the issue. But yes, without that situation there would be no story.

It's just that, that the older sister and the bullies are so over the top that they are really obnoxious. I guess in a way it's like you say, they're so over the top that they're cartoony archetypes. Although I imagine that the older sister will be more fleshed out in future chapters.

Regarding the father... yes, maybe it's a matter of lighting and shadows, in the family photo he gave me the feeling of having a rather wrinkled face and being much older than his wife, while in chapter 2 he looks like a white-haired dandy, lol.

I have already tried the incest patch. I see that yes, that everyone becomes biological family members there. Well, I guess that's the "canon" version, right?

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I’ve been out of touch. Here’s why:
Wow! Not a happy few weeks! Glad you are recovering, dear friend. No worries on extending your planned progress. You get better first!;):love:

I can relate to being stuck in bed. I suffer from multiple disabilities and am stuck in bed 99% of the time. So, I got one of those hospital style bed tables and put my tower and monitor on it and pull it right up to me in bed. I prop my kb up on my tummy and have a small, flat, hard piece of plastic where I lay my mouse pad for easy access.

Not suggesting that you do the same... From what I read in your post, you need real rest! So, REST!:giggle:
1659389505149.png
Hugs and prayers, Phat;)

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
So live got in the way. Until someone patches that out, I refuse to get one. Anywho, hope you're better.
Steadily recuperating, thanks! I've only been able to spend about 3-4 hours a day on renders, but I'm down to the last animation and handful of static images, and I'll be finished with Chap. 3 development and ready to test. By next week, I should be back to regular working hours.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Chapter 3 development is done. I managed to complete the new compressed and Android versions as well, a week ahead of schedule. It's going to go into beta-testing with my top-tier supporters on Patreon and SubscribeStar, who will get the final release next week. I'll post here two weeks after that. View attachment 1989559
Two weeks? Well... that is certainly reasonable... Will try to hold it together better than Arnold did in Total Recall!
Hahahahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously... congrats on finishing ahead of schedule, my friend. Looking forward to more fun and frustration with Alex.
Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

• Haha
4.00 star(s) 34 Votes