AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
:) This is what an AI thinks represents a "blonde 20-year-old girl with a long dutchboy haircut with bangs wearing large bright red thin plastic framed glasses":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Interesting...If you haven't played with it yet:

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
:) This is what an AI thinks represents a "blonde 20-year-old girl with a long dutchboy haircut with bangs wearing large bright red thin plastic framed glasses":
Interesting...If you haven't played with it yet:
Well... I'm going to tell it straight with my usual mace blunt honesty...

The one on the left... no thank you. She looks like a dorky version of 80's pop singer Debbie Gibson with a lazy left eye and facial palsy.

The one on the right is adorable and totally photorealistic! What a doll!

If you look closely, both models are asymmetrical like all humans. However, Left girl looks deformed whereas Right girl looks believably human, really cute and kissable!!! All of us have some asymmetry in our features. That is what defines us from 3DCG models. Up until recently, all 3DCG models were perfectly symmetrical which makes them look perfect but there is a sterility there that looks a bit off like faux people and more than a little plastic. Now 3DCG tech is growing to where it can better emulate the asymmetry that all humans have. It can go overboard really fast so it needs to be done with subtlety. That is why the heavy handed rendering on the left looks like a stroke victim who has lost control of all of the facial muscles on her left side and the beauty on the right looks completely human.

If you are looking to upgrade your models, Snax my friend, please go with the girl on the right but keep Alex' lovely, longer blonde locks. The longer hair is the one thing the model on the left did well.

Thanks for sharing my friend. For what it's worth I hope this helps.
Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

Reactions: AVNSnax

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
Well... I'm going to tell it straight with my usual mace blunt honesty...

The one on the left... no thank you. She looks like a dorky version of 80's pop singer Debbie Gibson with a lazy left eye and facial palsy.

The one on the right is adorable and totally photorealistic! What a doll!

If you look closely, both models are asymmetrical like all humans. However, Left girl looks deformed whereas Right girl looks believably human, really cute and kissable!!! All of us have some asymmetry in our features. That is what defines us from 3DCG models. Up until recently, all 3DCG models were perfectly symmetrical which makes them look perfect but there is a sterility there that looks a bit off like faux people and more than a little plastic. Now 3DCG tech is growing to where it can better emulate the asymmetry that all humans have. It can go overboard really fast so it needs to be done with subtlety. That is why the heavy handed rendering on the left looks like a stroke victim who has lost control of all of the facial muscles on her left side and the beauty on the right looks completely human.

If you are looking to upgrade your models, Snax my friend, please go with the girl on the right but keep Alex' lovely, longer blonde locks. The longer hair is the one thing the model on the left did well.

Thanks for sharing my friend. For what it's worth I hope this helps.
Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)
I wasn't really looking to change anything. I was just playing with midjourney's AI and thought it was amazing. Some people use whole descriptive paragraphs to describe scenes, and the AI does a journeyman's job of interpreting their requests.

This was from another attempt:

You have to pass the interpreter special flags to get photo-realistic renders, and I've noticed that in many cases it exhibits the lazy eye syndrome you mentioned. But it is beta software, so I'll cut them some slack especially given how well the interpreter works.

Last edited:

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
T-minus 1 . . .
Aww, screw it. Launched a day early. It takes time to upload all of the files to all of the different file-sharing services, and wouldn't you know it--I found a bug at the very last second after I had already uploaded all of the files (32 GB worth between the four file-sharing services). So it was back to the drawing board, fix the bug, recompile, re-test, and re-upload all of the files.

And I left another bug behind that I noticed during testing. It's a little cosmetic issue, which will be fixed next go-around.

At least I beat Artemis off the launchpad. :LOL:

In the meantime, I've been hard at work on Chapter 4. Finishing up the 2nd of 9 new scenes tonight, which makes its current status:
Progress chart.png

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
T-minus 1 . . .
Aww, screw it. Launched a day early. It takes time to upload all of the files to all of the different file-sharing services, and wouldn't you know it--I found a bug at the very last second after I had already uploaded all of the files (32 GB worth between the four file-sharing services). So it was back to the drawing board, fix the bug, recompile, re-test, and re-upload all of the files.

And I left another bug behind that I noticed during testing. It's a little cosmetic issue, which will be fixed next go-around.

In the meantime, I've been hard at work on Chapter 4. Finishing up the 2nd of 9 new scenes tonight, which makes its current status:
Love you Snax! You're the best:love:(y)
As long as you keep putting your exceptional story first you will do well.
I certainly appreciate the update yet saying you beat Artemis really doesn't say all that much...
The fact that this is your SECOND update since Artemis last updated... THAT says VOLUMES!
Keep up the amazing development. Phat will STFU now... I have an update to DL!!!:devilish::devilish::devilish:
Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
T-minus 1 . . .

Dammit, Snax! That was EPIC and way too brief!!! I need more! More! More!!! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:
I really enjoy how you frame your renders. It is rather cinematic, like I'm watching a film at times.

Here are just some random comments from gameplay for chapter three...

Epic story. Expert rendering. Silky smooth animations. Perfect cinematic framing. Beautiful choice of score for the soundtrack. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was your move from journeyman to master developer title rather than your first. Exceptionally well done, Snax! Huzzah!:cool:(y)

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

Last edited:

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
Dammit, Snax! That was EPIC and way too brief!!! I need more! More! More!!! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:
I really enjoy how you frame your renders. It is rather cinematic, like I'm watching a film at times.

Here are just some random comments from gameplay for chapter three...

Epic story. Expert rendering. Silky smooth animations. Perfect cinematic framing. Beautiful choice of score for the soundtrack. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was your move from journeyman to master developer title rather than your first. Exceptionally well done, Snax! Huzzah!:cool:(y)

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)
LOL, I'm kinda speechless. Thanks for the generous feedback. Let's just say that things aren't going to happen in a very formulaic way. Yes, Alex will go on her date with Brad but things won't develop as one thinks they might. Kevin will get his, but he'll get in a few more licks first. Sam feels bad about not helping Alex. Izzy is standoff-ish for a reason. And Alex getting laid--well, it is only chapter 3...

After about 2,100 renders in the VN so far, I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of lighting, poses, and camera work. I recognize that I still have a lot to learn, though.

Thanks again for the feedback.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yes, Alex will go on her date with Brad but things won't develop as one thinks they might.
A large part of me thinks that Brad is actually gay, heard rumors about Alex' change and will want Alex to peg him which confuses Alex even further... The other even more scary scenario is that Brad is actually straight or too homophobic to admit that he's really gay, finds out about Alex' "situation", absolutely freaks out and further traumatizes our dear Alex. Whatever you have planned, I am certain that drama will ensue.

I meant zero insult by my commentary earlier. Those were merely my gut reactions to the characters and the story as you brilliantly told it. I do hate bullies and have known folks just like Kevin and Elliott in my life, even a few that were far worse. So, I did vent on those two characters pretty hard. That is a testimony to your brilliant writing, dear friend. This story just sucks me right in and gets me all emotionally involved. Jordan is another character that I would love to give a "wake up call." When he was on the phone with Glenn that last time, I wanted to beat some fatherhood back into him.

If I didn't absolutely love this story, I wouldn't be so emotional. I get totally wrapped up in the drama because these characters are so vivid and remind me so much of folks that I have known that I... well... you read it... Not telling you how to tell the story. You are doing fine on your own. I really meant the compliments and my only critique is that I want more... THAT is not a bad thing! I want more! Pretty sure that once you finish and release chapter 10 that I will still want more and be chomping at the bit like a prized stallion to see your next project.

Adventure ever on dear friend, Phat:cool:(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: AVNSnax

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
I meant zero insult by my commentary earlier. Those were merely my gut reactions to the characters and the story as you brilliantly told it. I do hate bullies and have known folks just like Kevin and Elliott in my life, even a few that were far worse. So, I did vent on those two characters pretty hard. That is a testimony to your brilliant writing, dear friend. This story just sucks me right in and gets me all emotionally involved. Jordan is another character that I would love to give a "wake up call." When he was on the phone with Glenn that last time, I wanted to beat some fatherhood back into him.

If I didn't absolutely love this story, I wouldn't be so emotional. I get totally wrapped up in the drama because these characters are so vivid and remind me so much of folks that I have known that I... well... you read it... Not telling you how to tell the story. You are doing fine on your own. I really meant the compliments and my only critique is that I want more... THAT is not a bad thing! I want more! Pretty sure that once you finish and release chapter 10 that I will still want more and be chomping at the bit like a prized stallion to see your next project.

Adventure ever on dear friend, Phat:cool:(y)
This might sound weird, but I'm glad you're so emotionally invested in the characters. That's the effect I wanted them to have. I took no offense whatsoever, so not to worry. :D

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes