AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
any dude here to explain me where on Patreon i can download this new version ?
If you're a top- or mid-tier supporter, you should have gotten an email with the instructions and links. Or, if you go to the site and scroll down through the last couple of posts, you should find the same instructions.

Base tier members get it next Friday.

Last edited:

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
i am willing to translate it in french...how to start ? and ok to have another eyes to be corrected if needed

Reactions: nuks

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
i am willing to translate it in french...how to start ? and ok to have another eyes to be corrected if needed
I would love to have Confusion translated to other languages, but unless the translator is both an experienced Ren'Py coder and an expert of both English and the target language's idioms, I doubt it'll ever happen. For reasons that I regret now, I didn't write the script in a way that could easily be translated after the fact.

Dialogue isn't static like it is in almost every other VN. The way translation works in Ren'Py is one-to-one text-to-text replacement. My dialogue is constructed in pieces depending on people's relationships and their current state of mind. Alex, for example, speaks with a lot more expletives if she chooses to "f-ck it" mid-way through the game. Different lines of dialogue depend on the state of relationships, and Alex's level of forcefulness vs. meekness.

This is a line from Chapter 7:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I worked with a gentleman who translated the first few chapters to Russian, and he decided later that it just wasn't worth the effort. It's hard enough to maintain the English script, and I'm a fairly experienced user of the language. :ROFLMAO:

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
I would love to have Confusion translated to other languages, but unless the translator is both an experienced Ren'Py coder and an expert of both English and the target language's idioms, I doubt it'll ever happen. For reasons that I regret now, I didn't write the script in a way that could easily be translated after the fact.

Dialogue isn't static like it is in almost every other VN. The way translation works in Ren'Py is one-to-one text-to-text replacement. My dialogue is constructed in pieces depending on people's relationships and their current state of mind. Alex, for example, speaks with a lot more expletives if she chooses to "f-ck it" mid-way through the game. Different lines of dialogue depend on the state of relationships, and Alex's level of forcefulness vs. meekness.

This is a line from Chapter 7:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I worked with a gentleman who translated the first few chapters to Russian, and he decided later that it just wasn't worth the effort. It's hard enough to maintain the English script, and I'm a fairly experienced user of the language. :ROFLMAO:
difficult for sure...but impossible...nothing is impossible just a lot of work indeed

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
chap-9-base-tier.png
Another week, another release! Tomorrow morning, it's time for our base tier and supporters to get their hands on Chapter 9!

Things are starting to come together for Alex and her crew! Alex gets the chance to, um, gain some "experience" with several potential partners. Whom will you choose, or will you remain faithful to your one and only? Will someone else come along with eyes for our protagonist? Find out in Chapter 9!

All of this is in preparation for the Chapter 10 finale! How will it all end?

(As a reminder, the F95Zone release will be this coming Friday the 13th of Sep 2024!)

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Oui en effet tu as raison "Omelette du fromage" n'a pas de sens en français et souvent on dis omelette fromage ou omelette pomme de terre on dis pas le "au"...Vous dites comment en anglais les amis...?
Ben je ne suis pas sûr, vu que je suis francophone... Mais d'après DeepL Translate, c'est "cheese omelette" :)

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Oui en effet tu as raison "Omelette du fromage" n'a pas de sens en français et souvent on dis omelette fromage ou omelette pomme de terre on dis pas le "au"...Vous dites comment en anglais les amis...?
Before this convo gets nuked: Here, where I live, we would not omit the "au" to talk about une omelette au fromage. I like how the language can change depending on where you live.

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
Before this convo gets nuked: Here, where I live, we would not omit the "au" to talk about une omelette au fromage. I like how the language can change depending on where you live.
that's a fact indeed and that why we need to keep it this way, it is a wealth and so languages evolve and we with...et moi je trouve ça beau

PS : and where do you live by the way if i may ask ?

Buletti

Nov 7, 2023
Halt! Stopp! Verboten!

Just to deviate the language discussion to my mother tongue with some words everyone knows ;)

Serious question though: will we get the option to let Alex have long hair again or will it stay like this?

Cheers!

Reactions: Vanillafudge

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Halt! Stopp! Verboten!

Just to deviate the language discussion to my mother tongue with some words everyone knows ;)

Serious question though: will we get the option to let Alex have long hair again or will it stay like this?

Cheers!
It depends on whether Snax is willing to double the render count and the timeframe of what remains to be told in the story to give us the option as you say. Now what happens to the hair without giving the player a choice is dependent only on the Dev. I could see Alex with different hair cut depending on which path you decided to follow shaping her world view in an epilogue. Hell I could see even starker differences than a simple hair cut seeing how different Alex feel depending on your choices.

BDFanZone Je suis du Québec plus spécifiquement du grand Montréal. Quand je parle des modérateurs qui vont "Nuker" la conversation c'est parce que c'est à la fois hors sujet et en français sans traduction pour l'accompagné. Ça contreviens à deux règles des conversations de jeux. Tu peux écrire en français, pas de trouble, mais tu dois accompagner ton message d'une traduction en anglais.

I am from Québec in the greater Montréal area. And when I am talking about the convo being nuked It is an expression meaning the mods will remove the comments because it is both in a non English language and it is largely out of topic which are both rules to follow in game threads. You can easily write in french by accompanying your french comment with a translation.

Reactions: Buletti
3.90 star(s) 43 Votes