VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
First of all, this news makes me happy since I like single girl routes way more than the mixed ones.

Though I'm curious how this news mix with the planned harem content (as of the OP). Will there be an additional harem path other then the single girl ones? :unsure:
I'm not sure, but I think he might mean that each girl will start to get her own individual story, rather than we have to choose just one . . .

In fact, I think it's quite possible for some of these girls to be package deals . . . Michelle could form a triad with MC and either Charlotte or Ayana (Por que no los dos? :unsure: Nah, that's greedy . . .) Charlotte might be amenable to joining MC and Nic . . . It's not inconceivable they could all become one big fuck buddy fam eventually . . . (Well, a perv can dream, right? :cool:)

All that said, Ayana is best girl! Prove me wrong! :love:

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
First of all, this news makes me happy since I like single girl routes way more than the mixed ones.

Though I'm curious how this news mix with the planned harem content (as of the OP). Will there be an additional harem path other then the single girl ones? :unsure:
It'll be gradual. Finishing their arcs won't exactly result in you romancing them or not. Depending on the circumstances I give you and characters, you may romance them before their route arrives, during their route or after their route. The character arcs themselves only refer to the conflict they're facing. Not necessarily a romantic conflict, though it may take effect later. So discussions about a harem will pop up here and there if I feel like I can pull it off.

Right now it's in the OP cause it is technically a plan of mine. It just needs to make sense for the characters.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
It'll be gradual. Finishing their arcs won't exactly result in you romancing them or not. Depending on the circumstances I give you and characters, you may romance them before their route arrives, during their route or after their route. The character arcs themselves only refer to the conflict they're facing. Not necessarily a romantic conflict, though it may take effect later. So discussions about a harem will pop up here and there if I feel like I can pull it off.

Right now it's in the OP cause it is technically a plan of mine. It just needs to make sense for the characters.
So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're want to create some sort of individual character story to all the target girls, be that as something between the MC and the girl (most likely Ayane could fit this type of scenario) or an arc of their own with something else as a focus (Sis having an arc between her and her step-sis), but to which the MC can interject and affect the outcome of it, which maybe could affect the possible romancing of said girl at the end or later on?

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're want to create some sort of individual character story to all the target girls, be that as something between the MC and the girl (most likely Ayane could fit this type of scenario) or an arc of their own with something else as a focus (Sis having an arc between her and her step-sis), but to which the MC can interject and affect the outcome of it, which maybe could affect the possible romancing of said girl at the end or later on?
The latter. It's an arc of their own with something else being the focus. Not necessarily a romantic focus, but obviously romance is included. Kind of like any anime, if you're familiar. MC has a fated encounter with a girl who has a lot of emotional baggage and the MC helps her overcome it. Your job is gonna be to help them overcome whatever issue they're dealing with, like Charlotte and her sister for example. How you choose to help will determine their affection for you and more. That's the idea anyway.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
The latter. It's an arc of their own with something else being the focus. Not necessarily a romantic focus, but obviously romance is included. Kind of like any anime, if you're familiar. MC has a fated encounter with a girl who has a lot of emotional baggage and the MC helps her overcome it. Your job is gonna be to help them overcome whatever issue they're dealing with, like Charlotte and her sister for example. How you choose to help will determine their affection for you and more. That's the idea anyway.
Oh my bad, I thought it was something like 1 route per playthrough with an ending at the end of each route.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Yeah, I am familiar with the concept from animes. As long as it don't turns into School Days like ending, it should be fine. :D You mentioned the Japanese VNs as an example as well, the ones I played with, the character routes became separate after a while, meaning you couldn't finish As character route, if you wanted to do Bs. Are you planning this to be similar, or will we able to decide after playing through their stories, to where we want to go? (Like individual endings, or harem if you include that)

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Yeah, I am familiar with the concept from animes. As long as it don't turns into School Days like ending, it should be fine. :D You mentioned the Japanese VNs as an example as well, the ones I played with, the character routes became separate after a while, meaning you couldn't finish As character route, if you wanted to do Bs. Are you planning this to be similar, or will we able to decide after playing through their stories, to where we want to go? (Like individual endings, or harem if you include that)
Ugh, I still get nightmares from School Days. *Shudders*. The game will continue after you complete the arc, it will just move onto the next arc after probably a chapter of downtime, kinda like how anime adapts VNs. They do one girl's arc and the story just continues to the next. Same concept. I also want to include a good ending and a bad ending (not School Days bad :eek: )in each arc that carries over to the next arc and so on. That's what I want to do, I just don't know if that's too ambitious for me. I'll know what I'm gonna do with that when I get up to that point.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Sounds great. I am certainly looking forward to that (especially with Charlotte ;)).

hornman69

Mar 2, 2020
Love the game, you've do such a great job with it! I've been following for what I believe to be a few months now but I've lost all concept of time.

"Ch 3 First Half" or just v0.35.
I know I'm not the Dev, but I would suggest the version number to V0.3.5 instead of V0.35 just to avoid confusion. I've seen it done before and it can get real confusing.

gchero21

Aug 14, 2019
This is surprisingly well written - it's rare I find a VN on here that hooks me in with the writing. Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Is there a patreon for the creator?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
This is surprisingly well written - it's rare I find a VN on here that hooks me in with the writing. Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Is there a patreon for the creator?
on the first page (the OP) there is the "patreon" link.

Reactions: gchero21

K18

Apr 19, 2018
I see you mentioned Anime, (y):cool:. Your description for the story arcs of MC helping the girls with their issues reminded me of one particular anime. Have you seen an Anime series (& Visual Novel series) called "Grisaia no Kajitsu (The Fruit of Grisaia)"?

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I know I'm not the Dev, but I would suggest the version number to V0.3.5 instead of V0.35 just to avoid confusion. I've seen it done before and it can get real confusing.
If the next update will be the first part of chapter 3 it should be v0.25 or v0.2.5, even v0.3.0 (followed by v0.3.5 for the second half) would be fine.
v0.35 or v0.3.5 would be confusing since they imply they come later than chapter 3.

Personally I would call it v0.3.0 since chapter 2 was concluded by v0.2.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I see you mentioned Anime, (y):cool:. Your description for the story arcs of MC helping the girls with their issues reminded me of one particular anime. Have you seen an Anime series (& Visual Novel series) called "Grisaia no Kajitsu (The Fruit of Grisaia)"?
I'm aware of the series but don't have too much knowledge of it aside from some basic details about some characters. I did watch the anime when it came out a few years back but I don't recall finishing it and it's always been hard for me to get into Japanese VNs despite my example because they're extremely long and scenes can drag a lot. I do remember having favorite characters though, like Amane and Yukiko and I remember really liking Asako a lot. But I know of the whole series. Fruit, Eden, and Labyrinth.

Connected was sort of inspired by an anime but it wasn't Grisaia. Connected was almost gonna be a supernatural story inspired by Bakemonogatari, which coincidentally shares one of the same artists as Grisaia. It's a story about girls who suffer from supernatural ailments by spirits, gods, oddities etc. Ailments that have a direct connection to whatever they went through in the past. Losing family, jealousy, toxic relationships, premature death, all that. Another anime recently did the same thing, an anime called Bunny Girl Senpai for short.

But yeah, if you are familiar with those anime, Connected was almost that. But I decided to go for a more grounded approach.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Connected was sort of inspired by an anime but it wasn't Grisaia. Connected was almost gonna be a supernatural story inspired by Bakemonogatari, which coincidentally shares one of the same artists as Grisaia. It's a story about girls who suffer from supernatural ailments by spirits, gods, oddities etc. Ailments that have a direct connection to whatever they went through in the past. Losing family, jealousy, toxic relationships, premature death, all that. Another anime recently did the same thing, an anime called Bunny Girl Senpai for short.

But yeah, if you are familiar with those anime, Connected was almost that. But I decided to go for a more grounded approach.
I dont know whether to like this or be a bit dissapointed it's not following those premises. I really love both Rascal and the Monogatari franchises.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I dont know whether to like this or be a bit dissapointed it's not following those premises. I really love both Rascal and the Monogatari franchises.
Ey, I'm disappointed too, because I actually really want to tell a supernatural story, but I just don't think I'm there yet to tell it the way I want to tell it. Certain storylines were falling all over the place cause of the supernatural elements and I couldn't find a way to make it coherent enough, so right now, I'm just holding onto it until I'm ready to tell it. Also, I personally don't think it's a story I can tell through Daz Studio's limitations.

But I'm glad too. If I didn't change that, there would've been no Ayana, Michelle, Charlotte, etc. Connected was gonna feature a totally different cast of characters. One of them might make a cameo in this game. I've posted her on this forum before.

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes