VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
This is why I always tell devs not to start reworking the game, until they've done a significant part of the story.
For every dev that manages to pull through about 5-6 just give up or quietly disappear.
It's a pity, the game wasn't perfect, but didn't need a do-over at all, and I was really looking forward to how the story would unfold.

I hope at least his personal life is going better now.

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Charlotte_03_MrVargas.jpg

David (Chainzero) disappeared about a year ago and we haven't heard from him since. He was a very talented artist and developer. More importantly, I loved him like a little brother. I know there are many people who miss him. I promised to you guys that I would remind Chainzero and his characters time to time. And I will keep my word.

Wherever he is, I hope he is happy and at peace.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
View attachment 1230965

David (Chainzero) disappeared about a year ago and we haven't heard from him since. He was a very talented artist and developer. More importantly, I loved him like a little brother. I know there are many people who miss him. I promised to you guys that I would remind Chainzero and his characters time to time. And I will keep my word.

Wherever he is, I hope he is happy and at peace.
CZ was the one dev, and this was the one game, that I believed in enough to pay an annual Patreon pledge. I'd never done it before (or since). I wish this game and dev had lived up to the promise of it all. Regardless I hope CZ is well.

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
I too would like to go radio silent and still earn £105 a month.
View attachment 1247440
This is one of my big complaints about Patreon. They really should have it required that after 3 months or so of zero posts your ability to collect payments is suspended. I know I found a couple of Patreons I forgot I was supporting that had gone dormant. I routinely stumble across abandoned or works on "hiatus" for over a year that still actively collect.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
This is one of my big complaints about Patreon. They really should have it required that after 3 months or so of zero posts your ability to collect payments is suspended. I know I found a couple of Patreons I forgot I was supporting that had gone dormant. I routinely stumble across abandoned or works on "hiatus" for over a year that still actively collect.
Can't even report them for not creating anymore. Patreon just says "Message the creator or delete your pledge"

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
The story did need to be reworked. The initial MC was a ridiculous beta cuck. However, that is how he was written it would have better to have just moved forward then rewriting a 0.1.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
why did he/she abandon this game? sadge
1. He died/or run into some serious health issues
2. Realized it was unhealthy for him to keep working on this ( some people use this as "escapism", to avoid dealing with real life problems.. like the story with V3X)
3. Completely lost interest ( based on his posts here, I think this is the least likely option)

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes