VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

Pede rasta 1

Dec 28, 2019
i just play this fucking game and it cach me , please developer give us a chance, re take the project, i will support you if you do

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Wow. I don't really know what to say to all of this. I'll start by saying that I am happy that ChainZero is alive, since I honestly thought he might have died, or was in the hospital long-term, and I am sorry that he has gone through his difficulties with his family and emotional state.

I can sort of understand deleting all his work in a fit of anger or impulse, he wouldn't be the first person to do that.

It disappointing, but props to coming back to apologize and explain what happened. It takes a big person to admit their mistakes.

Connected was really something special. I'd love to see it continue someday, but real life is more important.

Last edited:

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Ideally, this should've been done ages ago, but no excuses. Billing will be paused until further notice.

I'm about to begin a job as a personal assistant (nursing homecare) which should keep me above water for some time as I decide where to go from here. The reason I was so hesitant to pause sooner was cause I struggled to really land anything before this. I just didn't wanna use that as an excuse in my apology because a commitment is a commitment. I broke that and wasn't truthful about it.

Though I'm still not outwardly active, I have given many thanks to the kindness I received on discord and I'd like to extend one more thank you here as well. So thank you all for the kindness you have shown the last few weeks.

----------------------------------------------------

Outside of that, I haven't found any major consistency when it comes to Connected as yet but that doesn't mean I've given up on it. The most I've done as I said in my last post was update the character models and experiment with some easy-to-render environments. I'll upload Ayana's updated look soon. I doubt many would notice the difference, cause there virtually is none at first glance. Just updated her current skin texture and hair texture.

Charlotte has the biggest change model wise. Updated her face and gave her a more voluptuous body and new hair but she still looks like the old Charlotte for the most part.

The only one I'm not entirely sure on is Michelle. Replaced her old tattoos (again) and I want to give her a new hairstyle, but I also like what she currently has. I'll do a side by side comparison for her to see what people think. Same with Nicole. The only character to go untouched all the way through was Vanessa. But you'll see all of them in due time.

Until next post, which will likely be very, very soon.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Ayana_Model_2021.jpg Ayana_Backside_Model_2021.jpg
This was supposed to be posted on Patreon publicly, but they gave me a warning about potential nudity before I could even post it, and I rather not post any of my progress behind a paywall right now.

This is Ayana's updated model. Updated her skin texture and hair texture. Also gave her ass some stretch marks for more detail to her skin. I'm very happy with how she turned out. I'll be posting Charlotte either today or tomorrow as well.

- ChainZero

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Yep, Proportions of thighs seems off.
Even though CZ said Anaya model is almost same just texture change.
If you look above waist model is same but below waist its different.
Or Is it Just with image?
What was wrong with previous models?
Anyway gotta do what you wanna do, it's CZ's vision.
Exactly "What was wrong with previous models?"

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Wow. 533 notifications since the last time I was online. Hey guys. Finally ready to face you guys here after all this time. Knowing F95 can be....quite the volatile character to these kinds of situations, I didn't wanna expose to myself to what I thought would be massive hate (albeit deserved) before I felt absolutely prepared for it. Seemed almost self-destructive to me otherwise.

You've all read my posts and messages so you know what's going on. I'm starting to wear out my apologies and gratitude, so one last time. For real this time.

I'm sorry everyone. And thank you so much. I'm fully aware my actions have burned some bridges and that's to be expected. I was more surprised to see people were still with me regardless. People were more concerned with my health over anything else. Didn't mean to worry anyone, obviously, and it makes me feel horrible knowing people were concerned with my health during the time I was doing what I was doing. I can't take that back but I can do better moving forward, whether that means game development or not.

I fell off hard, but I wanna build back up again with you guys, whether it be Connected, fan art, or just casually talking about other games or life. I wanna be a part of this community again if you'll let me.

And with that, I'm ready to ease back into things here.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
IMHO it's a downgrade.
Yep, Proportions of thighs seems off.
Even though CZ said Anaya model is almost same just texture change.
If you look above waist model is same but below waist its different.
Or Is it Just with image?
What was wrong with previous models?
Anyway gotta do what you wanna do, it's CZ's vision.
Exactly "What was wrong with previous models?"
Hey guys. Nice to answer questions again.

Just wanna say, Ayana is virtually untouched. I reworked her ass a bit, yes, but that's all that's changed. All I wanted to do was give it a little more gravity. The previous version was big but lacked gravity. Looked unnatural to me so I just shifted the angle a bit. It fits the thicc Carribean girl vibe I had in my head.

If her thigh looks weird, it's probably because of the way she's extending her leg in the pose she's making. It's making her front thigh muscles flex, but I assure you, nothing beyond her butt is changed.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Eh, don't worry about it, we all do stupid things from time to time.
I remember when I was a wee lad, me&the boys would break into a plantage of this crazy dude who'd chase us around with a machette and a pack of rottweilers. Nearly got caught couple of times, but I'll be damned if those weren't the sweetest water mellons I've ever tasted.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Hey guys. Nice to answer questions again.

Just wanna say, Ayana is virtually untouched. I reworked her ass a bit, yes, but that's all that's changed. All I wanted to do was give it a little more gravity. The previous version was big but lacked gravity. Looked unnatural to me so I just shifted the angle a bit. It fits the thicc Carribean girl vibe I had in my head.

If her thigh looks weird, it's probably because of the way she's extending her leg in the pose she's making. It's making her front thigh muscles flex, but I assure you, nothing beyond her butt is changed.
Then my butt sense did not failed me, some changes were made :D

As in the first post after OP, ThunderRob said:
"second image bulbous buttocks is latin for "download now you fool!!!!" "
I too clicked download after seeing 2. image. Sad to see the change, I have grown fond of her previous ass :D

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Wow. 533 notifications since the last time I was online. Hey guys. Finally ready to face you guys here after all this time. Knowing F95 can be....quite the volatile character to these kinds of situations, I didn't wanna expose to myself to what I thought would be massive hate (albeit deserved) before I felt absolutely prepared for it. Seemed almost self-destructive to me otherwise.

You've all read my posts and messages so you know what's going on. I'm starting to wear out my apologies and gratitude, so one last time. For real this time.

I'm sorry everyone. And thank you so much. I'm fully aware my actions have burned some bridges and that's to be expected. I was more surprised to see people were still with me regardless. People were more concerned with my health over anything else. Didn't mean to worry anyone, obviously, and it makes me feel horrible knowing people were concerned with my health during the time I was doing what I was doing. I can't take that back but I can do better moving forward, whether that means game development or not.

I fell off hard, but I wanna build back up again with you guys, whether it be Connected, fan art, or just casually talking about other games or life. I wanna be a part of this community again if you'll let me.

And with that, I'm ready to ease back into things here.
Welcome back CZ. I am glad you are doing better now. Thanks for the heartfelt apology and explanation.

Shit happens. But we all make mistakes, many of them, and its how we move past them and try to fix things as best we can that is important. We are all human. Like I said before, I am glad to know you are OK, I, along with many, worried something happened to you since it was so sudden. You were here BSing with all of us, and then nobody knew anything.

I was a supporter for awhile, because Connected is something special, and I always figured you needed the support as a first time small developer. I'd love to see it continue if you are up for it.

Plus, I can't wait to see more Charlotte!, and learn more about her story. I hope you didn't change her appearance too much, because to me she was perfection.

Anyway, take care. Your fans understand, and we are here for you. You aren't the first dev by long shot that has to deal with difficult personal issues during game development, and had to take a long break. We all do.

Peace.

Jaycock101

Aug 14, 2017
As much as I want this story to continue, I would highly recommend that the dev does not continue it because it will either mentally break him because he simply is not in it, the story will suffer, he will stop again or all of the above... best of luck but i highly recommend not going this route and no one should encourage the dev.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
As much as I want this story to continue, I would highly recommend that the dev does not continue it because it will either mentally break him because he simply is not in it, the story will suffer, he will stop again or all of the above... best of luck but i highly recommend not going this route and no one should encourage the dev.
Thank you. I understand the concern here but my disappearance had little to do with the development itself. The worst decision I made was reworking something that the majority really enjoyed, but I did have my reasons for it. That's just a personal issue I always struggled with. Everyone might enjoy it, but as the artist, I always tend to look at the flaws rather than the beauty and say "I can do better" when it's clearly not necessary. But in my case, it was everything but the game that made me go off the grid.

That said, I'm on the way to some financial stability outside of Connected, so a lot of the pressure to produce has eased for me. I'm comfortable pausing my page because of that now. I don't plan on rushing back but I also don't plan on abandoning this story. Obviously things can change at any juncture and what I plan can easily change, but the one true fact here is Connected won't see an update for quite some time and my page will remain paused until I have a game ready to be released (which will be free to play).

TL;DR, I'm not living and dying by Connected anymore so I can relax and focus on bettering my living situation while I plan a potential comeback.

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Thank you. I understand the concern here but my disappearance had little to do with the development itself. The worst decision I made was reworking something that the majority really enjoyed, but I did have my reasons for it. That's just a personal issue I always struggled with. Everyone might enjoy it, but as the artist, I always tend to look at the flaws rather than the beauty and say "I can do better" when it's clearly not necessary. But in my case, it was everything but the game that made me go off the grid.

That said, I'm on the way to some financial stability outside of Connected, so a lot of the pressure to produce has eased for me. I'm comfortable pausing my page because of that now. I don't plan on rushing back but I also don't plan on abandoning this story. Obviously things can change at any juncture and what I plan can easily change, but the one true fact here is Connected won't see an update for quite some time and my page will remain paused until I have a game ready to be released (which will be free to play).

TL;DR, I'm not living and dying by Connected anymore so I can relax and focus on bettering my living situation while I plan a potential comeback.
All can I say to you: Welcome back!

I had (for a whole year) coming back here pursuing any news about this project, even after the "abandoned" tag.

Believe me, CZ, I've played most of the games included on the favourites lists on f95. Connected's story is special between them. All the guys here probally agree with that.

Keep goin' man, no pressure. Be well.

***(NOT english native speaker)

MoreLinks

Jul 27, 2018
Good to see you back.

I loved this game and am excited to see it back.

But more than anything, regardless of the game itself, it's just good to know that things seem to be going ok for you.

I didn't wanna expose to myself to what I thought would be massive hate (albeit deserved) before I felt absolutely prepared for it. Seemed almost self-destructive to me otherwise.
I'm no dev, but I think I understand this. I know people get bummed with abandons and when devs leave, but I imagine it's gotta be tough when you got real life stuff going on as well.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Charlotte_Model_2021.jpg Charlotte_Backside_Model_2021.jpg
This is Charlotte's updated model (obviously). I had a different hairstyle applied for a more accurate representation of what I had in mind for her character but I felt that was too much of a controversial departure from how people recognize her, even though the two hairstyles are fairly similar.
As you see, she's curvier, tighter, more detailed, and a lil bit of bush too for those that like that. ;)

- ChainZero

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes