VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

HoshiEx

Apr 25, 2020
Wow. 533 notifications since the last time I was online. Hey guys. Finally ready to face you guys here after all this time. Knowing F95 can be....quite the volatile character to these kinds of situations, I didn't wanna expose to myself to what I thought would be massive hate (albeit deserved) before I felt absolutely prepared for it. Seemed almost self-destructive to me otherwise.

You've all read my posts and messages so you know what's going on. I'm starting to wear out my apologies and gratitude, so one last time. For real this time.

I'm sorry everyone. And thank you so much. I'm fully aware my actions have burned some bridges and that's to be expected. I was more surprised to see people were still with me regardless. People were more concerned with my health over anything else. Didn't mean to worry anyone, obviously, and it makes me feel horrible knowing people were concerned with my health during the time I was doing what I was doing. I can't take that back but I can do better moving forward, whether that means game development or not.

I fell off hard, but I wanna build back up again with you guys, whether it be Connected, fan art, or just casually talking about other games or life. I wanna be a part of this community again if you'll let me.

And with that, I'm ready to ease back into things here.
for whats worth.. with u continuing the game will gave us hope that u really didnt abandon/disConnect until the end of the story.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Everyone might enjoy it, but as the artist, I always tend to look at the flaws rather than the beauty and say "I can do better" when it's clearly not necessary.
In my country we say "perfection is the worst enemy of things done well". Though I would be a hypocrite if I didn't admit I'm totally sold to the new Charlotte.

Don't be too hard on yourself, the past year and a half have been exceptionally hard for most people.

Edit: don't you dare change the dog's model!

Last edited:

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
What happen with my sweet Charlotte, before she was angel, now she looks like a hooker.
Haha, don’t worry. I honestly don’t know what I was on last night when I dressed her (I originally had her in a one piece but said “nah”) but the way she looks here is by no means an accurate representation of how she dresses. I just dialed up the horniness for the sake of the character sheet.

Dec 22, 2017
Look I'm not one to sit on a high horse and judge people who go through tough times, I know what made mental health issues can do to you and how regular life issues can really get you in a rut. But I'll will say that I genuinely thought had died, given how bad Covid was and seeing so many of my friends get affected by it, I resigned your faith.

Because I couldn't see how someone as cool as you would just ghost all of your supporters that way. I didn't see a possibility that maybe you were being an asshole, because you never came across like one to me. So while I'm happy that you still live and breathe, I do think there's a ton trust you have to earn just as a person. Forget being a Dev, because we saw this song and dance from talented devs before with vequil.

So while I hope that whatever issues you have in life and taken care of and prioritized, I can't say you don't have a long road of building trust back. At least for me.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Look I'm not one to sit on a high horse and judge people who go through tough times, I know what made mental health issues can do to you and how regular life issues can really get you in a rut. But I'll will say that I genuinely thought had died, given how bad Covid was and seeing so many of my friends get affected by it, I resigned your faith.

Because I couldn't see how someone as cool as you would just ghost all of your supporters that way. I didn't see a possibility that maybe you were being an asshole, because you never came across like one to me. So while I'm happy that you still live and breathe, I do think there's a ton trust you have to earn just as a person. Forget being a Dev, because we saw this song and dance from talented devs before with vequil.

So while I hope that whatever issues you have in life and taken care of and prioritized, I can't say you don't have a long road of building trust back. At least for me.
Completely understandable. It goes without saying it was a shit thing to do and I make no excuses for it. It’s just a bad decision I made out of fear that I now have to live with. It’s just the type of ugly that I found myself to be very capable of but I don’t want this ugly to define me.

I wanna get better and I wanna be better and there’s a shitload of work to be done to be deserving of that trust again in your eyes and anyone else who might have felt truly disappointed by my confession.

Thanks for being upfront about it.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
It would be great if you could dress the girls in a less hooker way

Because the hooker style its much view in many games and is boring
They each have very specific fashion. I just dressed them this way to accentuate assets of their skin that I may have wanted to highlight, so I just ended up going full sexy with it, character traits be damned. Canonically, Charlotte wouldn’t be caught dead dressed like this in front of anyone.

If I dressed them appropriately to match their fashion styles, it would’ve been harder for me to show off their new detailed skin and stuff. Like Ayana’s stretch marks and Charlotte’s bush, etc.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
They each have very specific fashion. I just dressed them this way to accentuate assets of their skin that I may have wanted to highlight, so I just ended up going full sexy with it, character traits be damned. Canonically, Charlotte wouldn’t be caught dead dressed like this in front of anyone.

If I dressed them appropriately to match their fashion styles, it would’ve been harder for me to show off their new detailed skin and stuff. Like Ayana’s stretch marks and Charlotte’s bush, etc.
I noticed the stretch marks but I didn't want to say anything in case it was a mistake but I like you to do that. Once an animator said that the imperfections of a character are what make them more real

Coreless

Dec 14, 2018
Haha, don’t worry. I honestly don’t know what I was on last night when I dressed her (I originally had her in a one piece but said “nah”) but the way she looks here is by no means an accurate representation of how she dresses. I just dialed up the horniness for the sake of the character sheet.
It's really nice that you updated the characters. I love the new Ayana look (the second image of her is very realistic). Regarding Charlotte, maybe you could dial down a bit on her being volouptous. On her second image, the breasts looks like she had implants. It would be nice to see it slightly smaller and natural, like gravity slightly taking over... :giggle: but that is just my own opinion...
Anyway, welcome back and good to know that you're okay... (y)

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
Well I for one very much like the sexy, perfect and skimpy looks. And I'm not afraid to admit it. :p Realism be damned, that's not what I'm here for! ;)

But in all seriousnes, models looked amazing in the past and they still do. Just don't try to accomodate everyones wishes and desires and stick with your vision. :)
Exactly, No need to try to please everyone.
Great Men have tried and non succeeded
That's a pipe dream.

There is always someone who want something else.
Now a day's so many people on internet will try to make you feel they are the center of universe.

CZ or any other dev need to stick what they visioned the game to be.
Yes you can always take opinions in consideration but it still has to be what artist want.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I just learned about CZ's "resurrection" when it was mentioned incidentally in a different thread.
I'm glad to see him back and to read that his mom is doing OK; since he commented on her health issues back then, I didn't think something bad had happened to CZ himself but that perhaps his mom had passed and he couldn't cope with it.
As I said, I'm glad to read that's by no means the case.

So welcome back. You can't change what you did but I'll always commend your admission of guilt and your apparent determination to make amends. It will be a pleasure to have you back in the community (y)

Needless to say you have retained your insane artistic ability :love:
In that sense I would like to make just one remark: the new Ayana and Charlotte models are fantastic, but I think you overdid Ayana's stretch marks. IMHO they're too noticeable for such a young, non-obese girl.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Michelle_Model_2021.jpg Michelle_Backside_Model_2021.jpg
Been busy for most of last week and I'll be pretty busy this week as well. But I can use that small window of time to post today and work on a few other things. Here is updated Michelle. She was kind of a bitch to really decide a final look for. Originally, I had changed her hair style but thought that would be too controversial among you guys. Plus I didn't like it much myself after it settled for a bit so I went back to her original hair. (Hair color may vary on some days) I also jumped back and forth between about 10 different tattoo combinations and nearly finalized each set before coming to this one. Some more inked up than others. Ultimately I decided on something more tame, symbolic and personal. Love the final result. Hope you guys do too and I hope to give you guys much more of Michelle in the future if everything works out well. Especially since she was the only major female character who didn't have the kind of introduction that Ayana and Charlotte had. I'm incredibly proud of her character and I'd like to show you guys why someday.

- ChainZero

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes