VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

K18

Apr 19, 2018
ChainZero - September 19th 2021 said:
Finally Nicolette is here. Like I said, I didn't change anything outside of detailing her skin and updated her body. I don't like how rough the pores look on her feet though. I fixed this issue on the other characters as well so I have to see if I can replicate that here.

Before my absence, I updated her model with the beanie hairstyle, which is way easier on my rig than the ponytail, so I'll probably switch from this hairstyle to that hairstyle. Good to have options.
Nicole_Model_2021_OG_Hair.jpg Nicole_Model_2021_Beanie.jpg Nicole_Model_2021_Back.jpg

K18

Apr 19, 2018
ChainZero - September 26, 2021
Things are settled now as it pertains to my job. Finally working now (technically on the clock right now 9 to 1 et but my mother's fine).

Worked on this yesterday. It's not from the game, I haven't even truly begun to work on that as yet outside of writing. This was meant to be reminiscent of MC (Chris) and Ayana's first sex scene in the game. This is actually my first sex render in months. Happy with the results.
MCxAyana_2021.jpg

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Wow! I just thought about this game and I wasn't expecting to see that maybe it will back that's wonderful! It has great potential, and I liked it so far.

Reactions: Pede rasta 1

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Dude, the Dev has been back for a while since that tagged got there! Read back a little and you'll get the whole story....
Yeah, but it's still essentially abandoned, just because he is occasionally popping in to talk doesn't mean the game is actively being developed. He deleted everything and has to recreate it all so will whatever he produces really be the same game? Until there is an actual update of the game it makes sense for it to retain the "abandoned" label.

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Yeah, but it's still essentially abandoned, just because he is occasionally popping in to talk doesn't mean the game is actively being developed. He deleted everything and has to recreate it all so will whatever he produces really be the same game? Until there is an actual update of the game it makes sense for it to retain the "abandoned" label.
By his words, ChainZero is a perfectionist guy, and because of this and his personal problems, he deleted all related to the development, but, (I don't know anything about programming Ren'py) it is not possible get last version (0.2.5) and by reverse engineering or else, start from that point? Besides that, he actually tell his intend to start from scratch. Hopes up.

*NOT a english native speaker

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
The Abandoned tag should definitely remain for now. I hope CZ gets around to start developing the game again so it can be removed, in what capacity it will remain the same game only the future (and CZ) will tell.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
By his words, ChainZero is a perfectionist guy, and because of this and his personal problems, he deleted all related to the development, but, (I don't know anything about programming Ren'py) it is not possible get last version (0.2.5) and by reverse engineering or else, start from that point? Besides that, he actually tell his intend to start from scratch. Hopes up.

"Perfectionist" is a beautiful word that means that a person never completes what he started and is inclined to fall into procrastination.
Of course everything has been preserved. Renders and project code. But he wants to "start all over again." If he can still release a new game, then there is a high probability that it will end in a couple of updates, when his "perfectionism" reappears or just burns out in endless "reworks".
I've seen this many times. This can be easily cured by creating a detailed design document, but none of the "perfectionists" do it.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
As I’ve already stated myself, the abandoned tag should stay until an update is delivered. The models and environments are coming together but even though I’m writing and planning, I’m not in the process of full development. Not right now. It’s part of why my page is paused (like it should’ve been from the start of my drama)

Right now, it’s not even about perfectionism, cause the mess that I am can’t be classified as that. It’s less perfectionism and more a lack of confidence in my creation.

I’m just developing things casually at my own pace. I’ll say it again. Don’t expect anything for some time. I’m here, yes, but I’m not doing anything that should scream out “Connected is back” yet. Keep the abandoned tag.

I want to continue at some point, but going all in on it now would be self-destructive since nothing has changed in the way I lived life this past year. So I’m developing casually and showing you guys some parts of that casual process.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

The coding can be recreated but the scripts (if they were deleted) have to be written from scratch, the art needs to be recreated even if he has the original models he doesn't have any of the original art. So everything we saw before is gone and never to be seen again, he needs to redo it all.

And he can say all he wants about his intent but he needs to prove it by producing content. Not just art but an actual game. I know that will take awhile but just seeing pictures of the models doesn't mean the game will actually exist again.

The Abandoned tag should definitely remain for now. I hope CZ gets around to start developing the game again so it can be removed, in what capacity it will remain the same game only the future (and CZ) will tell.
At this point until an actual release happens the community should be very skeptical about what happens next. He can say all he wants about intent, make as many apologies as he feels are necessary, but until something is released we can't trust that the game will ever exist again.

"Perfectionist" is a beautiful word that means that a person never completes what he started and is inclined to fall into procrastination.
Of course everything has been preserved. Renders and project code. But he wants to "start all over again." If he can still release a new game, then there is a high probability that it will end in a couple of updates, when his "perfectionism" reappears or just burns out in endless "reworks".
I've seen this many times. This can be easily cured by creating a detailed design document, but none of the "perfectionists" do it.
I agree, I hate to because I pretend at being an optimism (much harder these days since I gave up caffeine) but too many people spend too much time trying to get things "just right" when they need to understand that imperfection can be and is beautiful. Chasing perfection leads to complex and often dark emotions. I would like to hope for this game but we've all been burned once.

Reactions: fpsgamer

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I agree, I hate to because I pretend at being an optimism (much harder these days since I gave up caffeine) but too many people spend too much time trying to get things "just right" when they need to understand that imperfection can be and is beautiful. Chasing perfection leads to complex and often dark emotions. I would like to hope for this game but we've all been burned once.
enter leave.gif

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
The coding can be recreated but the scripts (if they were deleted) have to be written from scratch, the art needs to be recreated even if he has the original models he doesn't have any of the original art. So everything we saw before is gone and never to be seen again, he needs to redo it all.

And he can say all he wants about his intent but he needs to prove it by producing content. Not just art but an actual game. I know that will take awhile but just seeing pictures of the models doesn't mean the game will actually exist again.

At this point until an actual release happens the community should be very skeptical about what happens next. He can say all he wants about intent, make as many apologies as he feels are necessary, but until something is released we can't trust that the game will ever exist again.

I see. You made your points and I agree, because it is far more linked to reality than my hopes to see this project regain life.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
It is abandoned, the dev wants it to stay marked as such and has said he isn't sure where he will go with it - if at all. He is playing around with things which is far from actually making a game. Don't get hopes up.
Hope springs eternal, ya grumpy ol' goat.....

Reactions: operamini

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hope springs eternal, ya grumpy ol' goat.....
Hope is a dead but pretty thing, like flowers kept too long. And thank you, I know I am the grumpiest of all time.

Connected was a great beginning to a game, however since it was all deleted and it has been a long time whatever may happen will not be the same thing we all enjoyed beforehand.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 61 Votes