• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Anyone maybe know what model was used for Ayana?
I wish, unfortunately from what I recall CZ telling us the models are heavily modified. He actually liked to "play" with the models and I believe that was his original interest in creating a game. Somewhere in this thread I think he mentions how many models he's altered and has sitting (or rather did since he deleted a lot of his work in a fit of pique last year). Anyway, long answer to say I don't believe he ever said but even if he did it would be a very heavily modified version.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Out of curiousity, why it's so hard to restart: do you have to redo everything? ( I've no idea about DAZ or whatever he's using though)
I've seen a number of games go through this ( when they lose their previous work), and they, oddly enough, end up looking worse than previous versions.
Is it just remaking the models, or there is a lot more work involved?

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Out of curiousity, why it's so hard to restart: do you have to redo everything?
From what I saw on previous posts. YES. He's just dumped all content (models, scenarios, texts, menus, options etc.).
Otherwise, he redesigned some characters, but of course, most of the previous content was wasted.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Out of curiousity, why it's so hard to restart: do you have to redo everything? ( I've no idea about DAZ or whatever he's using though)
I've seen a number of games go through this ( when they lose their previous work), and they, oddly enough, end up looking worse than previous versions.
Is it just remaking the models, or there is a lot more work involved?
From what I saw on previous posts. YES. He's just dumped all content (models, scenarios, texts, menus, options etc.).
Otherwise, he redesigned some characters, but of course, most of the previous content was wasted.
Yep, supposedly in a fit of pique he deleted everything when he also went into "hiding" from us/the pervy side of the internet. To get this game going again he would need to recreate all the characters from scratch, etc. Which, I have to say, I would love to see him do and I'd love to see this game being actively developed again. CZ made some really great characters and I was looking forward to seeing this story develop, honestly if he did the same storyline but with new models (because of the need to recreate everything) I would be delighted.

But with the silence from CZ and lack of any progress reports I am not going to get my hopes up. Once a game is abandoned it is very rare for it to be "unabandoned" and completed. Considering everything I just don't see it as very likely that we will see this game being completed in the future. Would love to be wrong though...

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Pee Wee ZagorTeNay MrFriendly

Not quite everything, everything (Yeah, I'm alive). I did have my characters backed up on a flash drive, that's why they still mostly look like themselves after recovering some missing assets. It was just a matter of getting them back to where they were and, in my eyes at least, improving them.

Since those new models I released last year I've went and gone back over them again, this time making them a bit closer to how people remember, save for Michelle, who I can't seem to decide on texture and tattoo wise. Charlotte looks more like herself, Ayana and everyone else for the most part. I just haven't posted anything cause I haven't seen the point in giving any false hope. That's why my activity on Patreon has basically stopped, save for pausing every month. Posting doesn't mean anything if I'm not on the verge of delivering something, which I'm not, and won't be for a long while. Not to mention it'd get repetitive fast.

An update should not be expected anytime as I have not seen any positive change in my personal life to where I can work and deliver comfortably and consistently. I work with these characters often, yes. I write when I feel able. But Connected is regrettably still abandoned. Even though I'm here and available, people should continue to treat it as such and put it as far from their minds as possible. And hopefully be pleasantly surprised when it does come back some day. But not this day, nor any time soon. I'm obviously hopeful but I have to be realistic as well.

I did love doing this for the short time I was active, so I do get the urge to post and do new things as well as Connected. I've created a bunch of new characters and new story concepts outside of Connected since then but with my shattered reputation it wouldn't be wise to post any of that when I have this abandoned tag here, now would it? I fucked up pretty badly already. I'd rather not repeat that same history.

If this gets done, it needs to be done right or not at all. I'm still in the "not at all" stage. So long story short, I'm still taking things one day at time over here. It's not about working on the game. Its about working on myself right now and has been since I made my confession last year. The game comes later.

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
(Yeah, I'm alive)
Man! Glad to know that you are alive!

So long story short, I'm still taking things one day at time over here. It's not about working on the game. Its about working on myself right now and has been since I made my confession last year. The game comes later.
I only hope that you could recover yourself someday. I know what you mean.

Bless you.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Pee Wee ZagorTeNay MrFriendly

Not quite everything, everything (Yeah, I'm alive). I did have my characters backed up on a flash drive, that's why they still mostly look like themselves after recovering some missing assets. It was just a matter of getting them back to where they were and, in my eyes at least, improving them.

Since those new models I released last year I've went and gone back over them again, this time making them a bit closer to how people remember, save for Michelle, who I can't seem to decide on texture and tattoo wise. Charlotte looks more like herself, Ayana and everyone else for the most part. I just haven't posted anything cause I haven't seen the point in giving any false hope. That's why my activity on Patreon has basically stopped, save for pausing every month. Posting doesn't mean anything if I'm not on the verge of delivering something, which I'm not, and won't be for a long while. Not to mention it'd get repetitive fast.

An update should not be expected anytime as I have not seen any positive change in my personal life to where I can work and deliver comfortably and consistently. I work with these characters often, yes. I write when I feel able. But Connected is regrettably still abandoned. Even though I'm here and available, people should continue to treat it as such and put it as far from their minds as possible. And hopefully be pleasantly surprised when it does come back some day. But not this day, nor any time soon. I'm obviously hopeful but I have to be realistic as well.

I did love doing this for the short time I was active, so I do get the urge to post and do new things as well as Connected. I've created a bunch of new characters and new story concepts outside of Connected since then but with my shattered reputation it wouldn't be wise to post any of that when I have this abandoned tag here, now would it? I fucked up pretty badly already. I'd rather not repeat that same history.

If this gets done, it needs to be done right or not at all. I'm still in the "not at all" stage. So long story short, I'm still taking things one day at time over here. It's not about working on the game. Its about working on myself right now and has been since I made my confession last year. The game comes later.
Have you ever given thought to working with someone? Is trying to create the entire thing a burden or a joy? I ask because I know that some devs love a single aspect of game development and want to focus on that part but end up getting bogged down in another aspect. For example I enjoy writing but don't have any talent with renders/models. Anyway, I hope things get better in your personal life so that one day we will be pleasantly surprised to see something happen with this game. Take care of yourself CZ.

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes