Lexan626

Mar 1, 2020
I don't know what to tell you. Having to Rest yourself in order to proc her training completion dialogue might be a bug, but I've still tried to deal with it. Problem is I only get the munny dialogue most of the time, and nothing about her gaining progression or successfully raising a stat. I did manage to get a dialogue proc saying she gained a point of Inhibition once, but I had to roll back for various reasons.

I tried raising it again, but no dice. I'm still stuck at 1/0/0 for her stats with 20 days left until the trial.

On a similar note; it is infuriating to see 85% chance on sex acts only to have it fail. Even trying to savescum it is a pain in the ass, because you have to rollback so far. If I didn't cheat munny, I'd probably be pissed enough to give this a 1* review out of spite.
I get stats pretty quickly. I don't understand how it doesn't work for the rest of you.

Lexan626

Mar 1, 2020
If it's true what they say about how she gains stats, then RNG. Which is why I hate chance-based progression in these kinds of things.
But it can't be that big of a difference. Have replayed it several times and never get that problem. It feels like something else must be wrong.

Hawkhero

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I was all excited for this, but it's kinda crap. Levelling and getting anywhere up is entirely chance-based, nevermind that you essentially have to waste a whole day on your own for Alice to actually do her job at all. Yet that wouldn't be such a big deal if you also didn't have to deal with a timer.

For fuck's sake. When will people realize that chance-based bullshit don't constitute mechanics?
Hmm good point re: RNG. I can think about changing to an 'xp' format, though I've never had any trouble with getting 5's in all stats before day 33 for Alice.

I don't know what to tell you. Having to Rest yourself in order to proc her training completion dialogue might be a bug, but I've still tried to deal with it. Problem is I only get the munny dialogue most of the time, and nothing about her gaining progression or successfully raising a stat. I did manage to get a dialogue proc saying she gained a point of Inhibition once, but I had to roll back for various reasons.

I tried raising it again, but no dice. I'm still stuck at 1/0/0 for her stats with 20 days left until the trial.

On a similar note; it is infuriating to see 85% chance on sex acts only to have it fail. Even trying to savescum it is a pain in the ass, because you have to rollback so far. If I didn't cheat munny, I'd probably be pissed enough to give this a 1* review out of spite.
Damn dude, take a cold bath haha

popober

Jun 9, 2017
But it can't be that big of a difference. Have replayed it several times and never get that problem. It feels like something else must be wrong.
The problem with RNG is it can be that big of a difference. I wouldn't know the real case though.

Damn dude, take a cold bath haha
I don't know. With a reply like that, I'm leaning more towards just doing the 1* review.

Reactions: Hawkhero

Hawkhero

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Alrighty; if you had a bug for missing dialogue or missing label in Land of Dragons, that bug should be fixed now.

Reactions: Lexan626

NumbChucker

Aug 26, 2021
Alrighty; if you had a bug for missing dialogue or missing label in Land of Dragons, that bug should be fixed now.

I'm getting errors between almost every line of dialogue as well as whenever interacting with anything (often I can't ignore some of these) with the bug fixed version:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/engine/mixins/stats.rpy", line 176, in __getattr__
KeyError: 'statement_name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 6, in script call
  File "intro/intro.rpyc", line 203, in script
  File "/Users/Spookymusthaveremovedit/Library/Core/conqueredhearts.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 683, in execute
    statement_name(getattr(who, "statement_name", "say"))

Darwin-20.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Conquered Hearts 0.11
Thu Oct  7 20:08:08 2021
Basically unplayable rn
Even with new saves

On further inspection might have to do with the fact that half the files in the game folder it's trying to access don't exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: hirdorwin

Hawkhero

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I'm getting errors between almost every line of dialogue as well as whenever interacting with anything (often I can't ignore some of these) with the bug fixed version:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 6, in script call
  File "intro/intro.rpyc", line 203, in script
  File "/Users/Spookymusthaveremovedit/Library/Core/conqueredhearts.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 683, in execute
    statement_name(getattr(who, "statement_name", "say"))

Darwin-20.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Conquered Hearts 0.11
Thu Oct  7 20:08:08 2021
Basically unplayable rn
Even with new saves

On further inspection might have to do with the fact that half the files in the game folder it's trying to access don't exist.
Line 683 was commented out, it shouldn't even read anymore :unsure:

Back to the drawing board.

Kawusi

Feb 6, 2018
That world isn't completed, you don't get the Kairi/Namine roadblock placeholder but it is clearly stated by the
"NameError: name 'mulan_dialogue_about_choice' is not defined" you can probably click on ignore and return to the camp then leave the planet to Midgar Gaia/Earth
that doesnt solve my issue tho, i already played through the current content on the other planet.

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
Does Alice's stats do anything? I barely got all her stats to 3 stars the first time and I just thought they only gave more money and made seducing her easier (which I just save scummed)

Sortek

Jan 23, 2018
Are they ever going to fix Alice's model? They've gotten flag since day 1 after changing it the first time and kept saying 'they'll revert to the old model one day when they have time'. It's been a year (more or less), change it. The current model is terrible.

Nov 9, 2017
The Hatter mini game is way too fast. Slow it down to 5 seconds per ingredient so someone who isn't a relative of Sonic, the Road Runner, or Speedy Gonzales can do it.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
the game look's good but can you keep the girls for your self. also can you save and fuck aqua. also how to get the key from the queen and do you have to be a bad guy to get sex scenes

3.50 star(s) 16 Votes