4.30 star(s) 153 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
The reason why this game is unpopular?

Easy peasy:

1) this thread's fucking overview is killing it

2) pictures in the OP are killing it

3) game's overview in Patreon's page

4) how the story starts - everybody should keep on reading it until Elsa makes Edward cut his hair, at least.

Since this game's first updates came out I asked the uploader / F95 mods: "please change the overview and the pictures because they're killing the game". Nada.

What can I do? I'm not a mod.

Anyway, if anyone wants to help, well... why don't you put this game's banner in your signature like I did?

Believe me: it helps. I downloaded and played quite a few games because of some users' signatures. Quite a few ;)
Yeah. I've also gotten to know games after seeing them in the signatures of others. I have had game's banners in my signature in the past. The only reason I (more or less recently) switched to an only-text signature was to save space. But now that I have only three completed games mentioned in it, perhaps I should either raise awareness of ongoing games, like this one, instead or use a couple of game banners, like you. I'll see... Good heads-up anyway. (y)

Last edited:
May 22, 2023
MC is written as always running in circles, even the updates are copy-pasted one from another:
MC gets with Elsa, they collude, they make a breakthrough,
MC slips back into his self deprecating offputting mindset,
the neighbor is there to ease the sexual tension ... the end.

A female dev who is doing marvelous, is young and has a similarly cutthroat corporate game,
has given this game four stars and has told of the unappealing, bland, horrendously underdevelopped
swimming in shit MC for years now - this game dev did jack shit about that,
even tho MC has a gym trainer pal who has been trying to hook him up with girls for ever.
View attachment 2701428
MC is portrayed as someone who is a loser, and he is full of self doubt for the entire duration of the game as it currently stands, but I believe that the intent of the author is for his personality to follow his ego along with his promotion to COO, which I believe will be used as a major plot device to create drama between MC and Elsa, who move from being a driving force for MC's change into something of an antagonist.

your complaint about MC being "shit" is really a subjective determination you make out of a sense of retarded progress in terms of his personality, the fact that he's barely even existed for the last 10 years is sort of the point of the game, and I fail to understand why you feel that his personality has to change the instant he becomes the PC from the players perspective, or what would account for a couple of weeks of time in game, it's a slow burn, but for MC's personality to change there would have to be an impetus for said change, and there really hasn't been anything that would suffice as a large enough transition in his life until this last update to justify any major change in the MC, such changes have to be earned.

I don't see the point of dunking on the game for a lack of character development when from what I can tell the game is most likely less than halfway through its story arc, it's really just that the game developer doesn't have the same vision you would have had for the game, and as such your complaints amount to nothing more than that the game doesn't perfectly suit your own subjective taste.

Reactions: Micro usb type b

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
The reason why this game is unpopular?

Easy peasy:

1) this thread's fucking overview is killing it

2) pictures in the OP are killing it

3) game's overview in Patreon's page
First time I read your message I was not sure what you meant exactly by overview (my English could be better). Then, upon looking at the OP for sigs links, I read this:

f95_overview.jpg

And on the Patreon page, about the dev and the game:

patreon.about.jpg

I can only 100 % agree that those are definitely not good examples as how to sell the game. Sigh.

And many of the render previews in the OP look dull and/or bland. But it is also true that picking good previews can be a more demanding task than writing an engaging piece of text to introduce the game to new players.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
124 ratings and sitting at 4.5 stars with a banner barren and offputting and a description to cut wrists.
Anyone ballancing those will tell ya this is overhyped and overpraised for the lackluster promotionals.
The fact that you're quoting messages from 3 years ago would invalidate by itself any further discussion since it is obvious that at that time the game didn't have the same number of ratings or views.
However, I will add that F95 ratings have nothing to do with how well-known and appreciated a game really is: it is so good that the few people who tried it are compelled to write a good rating, but the majority ignore this game exists.
Bad marketing? Probably. That doesn't take away from this game's fantastic story, though.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1686931232383.png
A lotta people have been playing and praising this game with near perfect scores for three years,
--- that hype is not enough for ya?
1686931275891.png
Why all this whining about underrated stuff? This game is a sad story with little to no narrative upside,
little sex with lackluster intrigue all around, the same sad outcomes for literally every other MC effort.
The fact that you're quoting messages from 3 years ago
This game is not underrated,
1686931302542.png
it just happends that bad feels and advertising the saddness is not what people generally look for in gaming.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Why all this whining about underrated stuff? This game ia a sad story with no upside,
Again, you are quoting all the posts you could find in the 100 pages of this thread using the word "underrated", some of them (including mine) being 3 years old. Talking about whining makes no sense when the only whining here for the past couple of years had mostly to do with the slow development.
In 2018 and early 2019, PhillyGames was an extremely underrated dev. Depraved Awakening was among the top adult VN of its time, but he was far behind the numbers of other better-known devs. Back then, it would have made sense to say "he's underrated." Almost five years later, it would be stupid to say so since he got the attention he deserved with CoBD.

it just happends that bad feels and advertising the saddness is not what people generally look for in gaming.
Again, bad advertising has nothing to do with the quality of a product. Stop conflating two different ideas.
Is this product underrated because of bad advertising? Probably. But it doesn't make it any less underrated, you are indeed confirming that is unknown and underrated.

May 22, 2023
View attachment 2702013
A lotta people have been playing and praising this game with near perfect scores for three years,
View attachment 2702014
Why all this whining about underrated stuff? This game is a sad story with little to no narrative upside,
little sex with lackluster intrigue all around, the same sad outcomes for literally every other MC effort.

View attachment 2702015
People like the game and find it perplexing that others would not, nothing strange or unusual about that, I for one though don't get why you're so adamant about bashing this game, just go do something else if you hate it so much.

Also, what game are those images from? They have me intrigued.

Reactions: kingc123

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
View attachment 2702013
View attachment 2702014

View attachment 2702015
Why are you so offended and frustrated about the fact that many people think the game is underrated? what is your problem? what you try to accomplish by acting like a little child? i swear you just leave comments after comments whining about others opinions, trying so hard to convince everyone that it's underrated for good reason when it's actually not.

It's one thing to blame the game's weak points and one thing to literally trash every single person for appreciating the game, which is what you actually do.

Why you keep spending time around here? because you sound like you don't even like this game since you keep arguing over people's opinion, just mind your own bussiness and let people have their own opinions and speak their mind, no one is saying anything wrong like you trying to make.

Damn i will never understand some of you around here, you don't like a game then don't play it and that's it, no need to be drama queen and bitching about everyone's opinions just because you think different.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1687075406483.png
I never understand some of you around here
Neither does MC when it comes to the girls he is trying to hook up with
while being coached and pushed by his fitness trainer buddy.

Here might lie the appeal of this game for some: frustrated they do not read the room,
frustrated that others voicing their opinions do not shut up about their take on this game.

Just like MC, so much reading and studying chad moves and how to be a player, but still falling flat.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Why are you so offended and frustrated about the fact that many people think the game is underrated? what is your problem? what you try to accomplish by acting like a little child? i swear you just leave comments after comments whining about others opinions, trying so hard to convince everyone that it's underrated for good reason when it's actually not.

It's one thing to blame the game's weak points and one thing to literally trash every single person for appreciating the game, which is what you actually do.

Why you keep spending time around here? because you sound like you don't even like this game since you keep arguing over people's opinion, just mind your own bussiness and let people have their own opinions and speak their mind, no one is saying anything wrong like you trying to make.

Damn i will never understand some of you around here, you don't like a game then don't play it and that's it, no need to be drama queen and bitching about everyone's opinions just because you think different.
It's best to just put him on ignore, dude.

Mr. Spam Yeet

Aug 16, 2022
Hi, new guy here. I just checked the Cheat Mod and it was updated on like 2020. Just wondering has the game developed since then or nah?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Hi, new guy here. I just checked the Cheat Mod and it was updated on like 2020. Just wondering has the game developed since then or nah?
You don't need any cheat mod. Grab the pdf walkthrough.

There are 3 only major choices leading you to different (variant) scenes:

- porking / NOT porking your neighbour (three times, but only the 3rd time has a major impact on the storyline)
- lending / NOT lending your jacket
- lending / NOT lending your vespa scooter

the rest is rising your score points.

Reactions: Jumbi

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
MC is portrayed as someone who is a loser, and he is full of self doubt for the entire duration of the game as it currently stands, but I believe that the intent of the author is for his personality to follow his ego along with his promotion to COO, which I believe will be used as a major plot device to create drama between MC and Elsa, who move from being a driving force for MC's change into something of an antagonist.

your complaint about MC being "shit" is really a subjective determination you make out of a sense of retarded progress in terms of his personality, the fact that he's barely even existed for the last 10 years is sort of the point of the game, and I fail to understand why you feel that his personality has to change the instant he becomes the PC from the players perspective, or what would account for a couple of weeks of time in game, it's a slow burn, but for MC's personality to change there would have to be an impetus for said change, and there really hasn't been anything that would suffice as a large enough transition in his life until this last update to justify any major change in the MC, such changes have to be earned.

I don't see the point of dunking on the game for a lack of character development when from what I can tell the game is most likely less than halfway through its story arc, it's really just that the game developer doesn't have the same vision you would have had for the game, and as such your complaints amount to nothing more than that the game doesn't perfectly suit your own subjective taste.
Easy fix is for devs to stop making the mc a loser? Why can't he just be a normal male and not a beta or simp? Would the story change that much? :unsure:

Reactions: armond

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I played like 0.2 and I remember him choosing to be a loser had nothing to do with what happened to him. Or him choosing to simp for that one girl.
I just looked at my previous comments from years ago to refresh my memory and apparently the mc has mental health issues or something so his unavoidable behavior makes sense so ignore what I said before.
Are you really sure that you played this game?

• Angry
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe
4.30 star(s) 153 Votes