VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Desbloqueada

Hey there
I've been working on the fifth scene this week. The scene itself isn't heavy, and it's good. But it takes more time to produce some decent test renders than the previous scene. And it's not good.
Combine this with me being unhappy with the lighting, having redoing it a couple of times, and then some personal business that couldn't wait. And this is how I ended up being off schedule.
It's not massive, I'm lagging behind by a few shots. I'm recovering at the moment. But as it seems right now, I would have to put a day off aside to reach the target for this week. I'll let you know how it turned out in the next report, but with 99% probability, I'll meet the goal for this week.
Now I'm about 60% through the fifth scene, and I expect to finish it next week. I'm not happy with the script and I need to find some spare time to work with it, but so far I don't see any render-free time until I deal with two more scenes.
Meanwhile, the render queue is a sad place; it's more than 100+ right now and keeps building up. The fifth scene will make it worse; a single render from the fifth scene takes far more than an hour to be produced.
There will be a preview this week, but it will be reduced - not 3 renders but rather 2 or 1. I'm trying to find the best format for it. I want to post previews more regularly, so you'd know what exactly you get for your money, but I don't want to show too much before the update release.
Thanks for the support. See you.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hey,
I finished 5th scene early this week and switched to 6th right after that.
It was going fine; I made some decent progress. But then, there are a few important images in that scene. I knew how I wanted them to look, and I knew what I needed from them. On paper.
However, when I started creating them, it just didn't work. The posing, the lighting — everything was fine, but the whole scene together just wouldn't work.
I spent the rest of the week working on it. There were three major iterations. And nothing, zero, everything was scrapped in the end. That thing just doesn't work. I don't know why.
As a result, I didn't meet the target for this week; I'm approximately 15% off the target numbers for the week. The previous week's goal was met in the end. It's been 2 months since the beginning of development, and despite recent struggles, the month goal was reached. The numbers for this month are more or less the same as for the previous month.
I will take 2–3 days off rendering because I can't complete anything right now anyway. After that, I'll give it another try, and if it doesn't work, I'll switch to the next one.
Thank you for being here. Have a good day.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is portrayed as someone who is a loser, and he is full of self doubt for the entire duration of the game as it currently stands

the fact that he's barely even existed for the last 10 years is sort of the point of the game

there really hasn't been anything that would suffice as a large enough transition in his life until this last update to justify any major change in the MC, such changes have to be earned.

There are 3 only major choices leading you to different (variant) scenes:

- porking / NOT porking your neighbour (three times, but only the 3rd time has a major impact on the storyline)

we finally getting good at this game ...
we finally getting good

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Nope. Alice is the youngest.
And the hottest :KEK:
Actually, even though I like Cece Alice, I would prefer Elsa over her if given the opportunity.
Maybe it's just me, but isn't Lucy's model the same as Shevaun from "The Bite: Revenant"? Only the latter looks hotter.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Nope. Alice is the youngest.
I would have to start a new game from the beginning. But I remember that, probably from some thought or comment by the MC, I got the impression that Elsa is actually quite young too. Probably around ten years younger than Edward. Not sure about the age of Edward's neighbor and the rest of the gals, though.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I would have to start a new game from the beginning. But I remember that, probably from some thought or comment by the MC, I got the impression that Elsa is actually quite young too. Probably around ten years younger than Edward. Not sure about the age of Edward's neighbor and the rest of the gals, though.
Elsa tells Edward she's 22, she has just graduated and on her first job (honestly, I don't believe she's telling the truth).
Not totally sure, but Edward should be around 29-31: it depends on how many years he's in EO - sometimes he tells he's in for 10 years, sometimes he tells he's in for 8-9 years).
Alice is still in university, maybe in her second-third year. She might be 20-21.
Lucy is working as a secretary for a very important civil servant/politician. She's definitely older than Alice and she's definitely ready and willing to settle down.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Elsa tells Edward she's 22, she has just graduated and on her first job (honestly, I don't believe she's telling the truth).
Not totally sure, but Edward should be around 29-31: it depends on how many years he's in EO - sometimes he tells he's in for 10 years, sometimes he tells he's in for 8-9 years).
Alice is still in university, maybe in her second-third year. She might be 20-21.
Lucy is working as a secretary for a very important civil servant/politician. She's definitely older than Alice and she's definitely ready and willing to settle down.
I've got out of reactions for the day, so I could not react properly to your post. Thanks. (y)

I'd take Elsa over any of those, easily.
Me too.

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes